Watford @ Wembley. 30/01

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Turned down Utd to join Woolwich...."relocate his family", it wasnt like he had to go abroad.
He played for Woolwich for 12 years....Spurs legend?

https://www.gunnerstown.com/Woolwic...in-the-highbury-hero-with-hands-like-shovels/

tenor.gif

If we end up releasing Toby, and he goes there, will you sympathise?
Toby has already made it clear that HE is happy to run his contract down. We, as a club, aren’t happy with that & have had lengthy negotiations with him to try to keep him.
With Jennings, he wanted to stay and was told he wasn’t needed by the board as they had already replaced him with that clownshoe Daines. Apply that to your Toby analogy, & I wouldn’t give a shit where he went. Honestly, I wouldn’t. He has a right to earn his money in his career and if we tell him he isn’t wanted any more, why shouldn’t he go to play for whoever he chooses?

Toby has already made it clear that HE is happy to run his contract down. We, as a club, aren’t happy with that & have had lengthy negotiations with him to try to keep him.
With Jennings, he wanted to stay and was told he wasn’t needed by the board as they had already replaced him with that clownshoe Daines. Apply that to your Toby analogy, & I wouldn’t give a shit where he went. Honestly, I wouldn’t. He has a right to earn his money in his career and if we tell him he isn’t wanted any more, why shouldn’t he go to play for whoever he chooses?

Fair enough, but Im not really felling shit like this to be honest, I'll leave it there

jennings-1024x588.jpg

Just trash all around. Can't wait for this season to be over
Say what? Sure, it has been a terrible week with the cup losses but if you aren't enjoying a season where Spurs have more points at this stage than ever before, are 7 points above Woolwich (and Chelsea) in 3rd place, and still in the Champions League - than you might need to start supporting another team. I can name a few seasons that I wish had ended prematurely but THIS is not one of them! I don't get "fan's" like you, I really don't...

Can’t agree on the atmosphere where I was sat, 103, reminds me of why I hate Wembley, guy sat next to my had Bayern Munich gloves, family behind were talking in French all game :pochfacepalm:
I wasn’t far from you in 106 there were a few trying to raise a song but lots of day trippers which is I suppose it’s ok to some point but enough is enough when the three behind me kept referring to players from both teams according to their FIFA 18 ratings

whisper it quietly, as I know there is a lot of vociferous support for the guy

but Sissoko was pretty anonymous last night. Is he really fit enough to be back?
He wasn’t though from where we sat he was pretty immense, did lots of the fetching and carrying, broke up a lot play and made, off the top of my head a couple of threatening runs pushing them backwards (my only complaint against Winks) and was very solid at right back we had one successful attack against us resulting in a cross when he was slotted in that position

Say what? Sure, it has been a terrible week with the cup losses but if you aren't enjoying a season where Spurs have more points at this stage than ever before, are 7 points above Woolwich (and Chelsea) in 3rd place, and still in the Champions League - than you might need to start supporting another team. I can name a few seasons that I wish had ended prematurely but THIS is not one of them! I don't get "fan's" like you, I really don't...

Dont waste your time on this one mate.....going back all the way to 2016. Every, fucking year....supports Transfer Windows, not the club

Season's a write-off for me, not expecting much. Hopefully in the future we'll spend our money better and not leave business so late in the transfer window

Awful match, from an awfully one dimensional team. Seasons another write off

Season's a write-off for me if we don't get in any players within the next week

He wasn’t though from where we sat he was pretty immense, did lots of the fetching and carrying, broke up a lot play and made, off the top of my head a couple of threatening runs pushing them backwards (my only complaint against Winks) and was very solid at right back we had one successful attack against us resulting in a cross when he was slotted in that position
Ok, you had a better view of it than me, all I had was a poor stream that was hard to concentrate on. He just looked a bit less dynamic, as if he was still suffering from the effects of his injury.

Errrrrr because it was Woolwich?

Support it all you want, its not the stuff of a legend, and if it happened today, you wouldnt be so cuddly about it
He turned down Man U ffs
Nope!

"A lot of people thought it was me that wanted to move from Tottenham to Woolwich. Of course since then it's become clear I was deemed surplus to requirements. But without doubt I still felt I had plenty to give. "

Nope!

"A lot of people thought it was me that wanted to move from Tottenham to Woolwich. Of course since then it's become clear I was deemed surplus to requirements. But without doubt I still felt I had plenty to give. "

Player who joind Woolwich from Tottenham in excuses SHOCKER!!

Im not doubting he wasnt wanted anymore, Im saying he didnt have to go to the scum

Ok, you had a better view of it than me, all I had was a poor stream that was hard to concentrate on. He just looked a bit less dynamic, as if he was still suffering from the effects of his injury.
I agree he didn’t look as mobile as we know him to be but lots of positive involvement. Also looks like he been practicing sorting his feet out quickly saw some uncomfortable shuffles before approaching the ball

Excellent result last night - turned out right in the end and the other results going our way, was nice too.

Let's see what that goal does to Lorente over the next few games. From his celebration it looked like a lot of built up frustration was released. I'm hoping it leads to an upturn of form for him, which would be very much welcome at this moment in time.

Back
Top Bottom