Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (Turf Moor, 23rd Feb 2019, 12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hooray another forwar
Taking off Winks was the real mistake.

Lost all control in midfield.

And swapping him for Llorente ? Just fucking terrible, baffling decision. Not because Llorente's terrible, but because it was just so the wrong thing. We weren't struggling because we lacked height in the box, we'd only put about two crosses in all game, we were struggling to play through midfield, so he takes our only CM off and puts the Spanish Crouch on. Just fucking baffling.

Last edited:
Burnley have watered their pitch to shit. Our regular style of play does not work on that type of pitch.

Not a complete explanation but it is a factor

Oh that is fantastic......

Sorry we lost..... Burnley watered the pitch.....

I wonder why this amazing tactic doesn't put them at the top of the league.

Ha ha..... Watered the pitch......

Do we never win when it rains then?

Every time we get near the summit we just can't do it.......

Seriously...... What has gone on that means that today of all days we have no first touch, we seem to have lost the ability to make simple passes and we make a team like Burnley look like Real Madrid.

Same old same old......

We've been grinding out result after result whilst not playing well. Winning games in the last 10 mins every week. That's not sustainable. I'm not too bothered by the result to tell you the truth. We were never going to win the league. Now we can focus on the champions league and beating Woolwich and Chelsea.

Once again we've been victims of wasting the first 45 mins, it's as if we've become so used to winning games in the second half that we have no intensity until then

The worst thing is that we have had 10 days off. 10 fcuking days.

We have been able to prepare and we produce that.

It makes you fcuking wonder how.

And it's not players or transfers but simply down to choices and mentality.

Completely fcuked it up today Pochettino and the players.

Rubbish.

I'd love to know where you thought we were gonna finish at the start of the season.

I more focused only winning something rather than placements and yet again we keeping on failing to do that. This is what happens when little to no expectation is placed on a side - when it it’s they are completely unprepared for it.

Back
Top Bottom