Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (Turf Moor, 23rd Feb 2019, 12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sissoko was shit today because he was doing Eriksens job....let’s all play this game

Son was shit because Eriksen was shit....I like this game.....Aurier and Rose had to create for Eriksen as well as defend so they were shit.
Pathetic isn’t it.

Assists didn’t matter the other week when Ryan Fraser had as many. Shaqiri and Andersson have more goals.....do goals matter for a world class attacking midfielder?
Throw all the stats you want at me......couldn’t care less. He was garbage today but sadly couldn’t mask it with one shot that went in, or a key pass that someone else scored from today.

Because you know, that’s all an assist really, a pass. 11 assists is another way of saying “in 27 games, Eriksen has made 11 key passes”....ooooohhhhhhhh

A couple weeks ago, “he did other things” when he was below Fraser. Now he’s the top assister in the PL, because it’s becoming patently obvious, without those assists, you’d all be calling his fucking head, because other than his stats, his contribution is appalling.

He’s become a myth of a player.
A hipsters heat map wet dream.....You think you see something on a higher level with Eriksen or something?
Even his biggest backers have fallen silent today. This is not just a one off..have I been imagining it for 6 months?

Too many people all thinking that not creating enough is somehow the 3M pound RBs fault, or the DMs fault and not the responsibility of the 200M pound attacking mid.
We lose games up top.....if you don’t see that, you clearly aren’t as fucking clues up as you like to think you are.
Yes Son was taken out of the recent form and good rhythm part because of Eriksen but also because Rose had to keep the ball so he could try crossing to Kane in the middle. He fed to ball boy behind golie often.

Spot on regarding mentality, poch has been too loyal to too many players. Most have had 4-5 years. Needs freshening up. Far too comfortable an environment that doesn't promote a winning mentality. We are part of Europe's elite now and club has to be more ruthless. Poch has been brilliant for the club but the recent history books show our last trophies were won by Graham and juande ramos which is a crying shame for this squad of players and manager.
chequebook football has changed the whole dynamic

Spot on regarding mentality, poch has been too loyal to too many players. Most have had 4-5 years. Needs freshening up. Far too comfortable an environment that doesn't promote a winning mentality. We are part of Europe's elite now and club has to be more ruthless. Poch has been brilliant for the club but the recent history books show our last trophies were won by Graham and juande ramos which is a crying shame for this squad of players and manager.
But who are we going to buy the club hasn't bought anyone for a year with probably eriksen leaving the club maybe back to square one.

Sissoko has been having an awesome season so far, he had a poor game today but so did son and Eriksen and half the team!
Half? I genuinely think Kane was the only one to have a good game.

All on poch today. His decision making when it's season defining games is baffling, we have been utter garbage with 3 at the back, bar 45 minutes against Dortmund. Foyth away at Burnley when he's weak as piss physically, foyth marking one best headers in PL in woods. Baffling today again when it really mattered. Winks off aswell?. Poch has had the best tottenham squad in PL history. He's a great manager but doesn't manage the biggest games well enough to get us over the line when it matters. We need to see a real cut throat approach from poch to freshen this squad up. He's been far to loyal to some. Squad needs a freshness bringing to it. Davies, aurier, llorente, lamela, dier, vorm, skipp, wanyama, trippier all need to be upgraded for a serious title charge, then top class replacements for Toby and Eriksen.

It's funny that any time we lose it was a "big game" and Poch always loses those, but when we win against Dortmund, Chelsea etc it's just another match. And yes, if we spent hundreds upon hundreds of millions of pounds replacing close to half our squad with world-class players, we'd have a much better chance of winning the league. It's just a question of finding said hundreds of millions to do that, and then spending it wisely.

Win some, lose some. No excuse for today though, having had a long break when last time we were blaming the fatigue.
The team didn't take Burnley seriously enough, there was too much shitty passing just like with wolves.

As much as I hate Mike Dean, he could easily have brought the throw back to the half way line when we scored. I would not have started Kane in this match and Son was nowhere near the player he was in recent matches. When we got to 80 mins, I thought we just cannot keep expecting to get late winners. It just will not keep happening and we need to score earlier. We were chasing the game and got caught. The performance was not too dissimilar to some of our recent winning games. Painful as it aways is losing, it is not even close to the pain it will be if we lose either of our next 2 matches.

Sissoko was shit today because he was doing Eriksens job....let’s all play this game

Son was shit because Eriksen was shit....I like this game.....Aurier and Rose had to create for Eriksen as well as defend so they were shit.
Pathetic isn’t it.

Assists didn’t matter the other week when Ryan Fraser had as many. Shaqiri and Andersson have more goals.....do goals matter for a world class attacking midfielder?
Throw all the stats you want at me......couldn’t care less. He was garbage today but sadly couldn’t mask it with one shot that went in, or a key pass that someone else scored from today.

Because you know, that’s all an assist is really, a pass.
11 assists is another way of saying “in 27 games, Eriksen has made 11 key passes”....ooooohhhhhhhh

A couple weeks ago, “he did other things” when he was below Fraser. Now he’s the “top assister in the PL” because it’s becoming patently obvious, without those assists, you’d all be calling for his fucking head, because other than his stats, his contribution is appalling.

He’s become a myth of a player.
A hipsters heat map wet dream.....You think you see something on a higher level with Eriksen or something?
Even his biggest backers have fallen silent today. This is not just a one off..have I been imagining it for 6 months?

Too many people all thinking that not creating enough is somehow the 3M pound RBs fault, or the DMs fault and not the responsibility of the 200M pound attacking mid.
We lose games up top.....if you don’t see that, you clearly aren’t as fucking clues up as you like to think you are.
I haz shtats too, yesh yesh.

Sissoko had the highest keypasses and most accurate crosses from our team.
And Aurier had the most tackles and dribbles from our team . Also rated our best player by whoscored.com .

Stats should really see a therapist. They get abused.

I thought our best player today was Kane - which is saying something considering he's just come back from 6 weeks out. Lovely touches and passing as we've come to expect from him and of course scored a nice goal too.

Everyone else was poor in their own right. Aurier and Rose put in a lacklustre wing-back display and wasted many crosses. Vertonghen had one of his worst games this season along with Alderweireld the less said about Foyths performance the better. Sissoko was back to last season Sissoko, Eriksen was non-existent and Son was early season Son.

Maybe Winks perhaps gets some credit too, I thought it was harsh he was subbed.

Maybe Kane being back upset the balance of the team a bit? I have no idea. Wouldn't like to think so, but worrying that without him we beat the likes of Leicester, Newcastle, Watford and Fulham, two of which are in the top half of the table and with him we lose to relegation battling Burnley.

Fuck it, go and score a hattrick Wednesday H!

Last edited:
...Sissoko was good overall today, but turned into a traffic cone pulling out of a challenge leading to their 2nd...

...Winks is so limited - no wonder Poch subbed him - only wanted to recycle possession and wouldn't shoot or try an incisive pass/run...
COYS

...Sissoko was good overall today, but turned into a traffic cone pulling out of a challenge leading to their 2nd...

...Winks is so limited - no wonder Poch subbed him - only wanted to recycle possession and wouldn't shoot or try an incisive pass/run...
COYS

The words limited and Sissoko in the same post - yet not used with eachother.

Incredible.

By the way, Winks had the same amount of shots today as Sissoko and Son. (1)

Hard to believe, unless we pull of the Champions league of course, that this will be the first decade since the 1940’s we havnt won a trophy, with arguably one of the best squads we have had at our disposal during that time..
Not the end of the world of course as we will keep going forward into the next decade, maybe it will be one of our most glorious....#COYS

Back
Top Bottom