Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (Turf Moor, 23rd Feb 2019, 12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Completely dominated the game but didn’t move the ball quickly enough and didn’t show enough urgency

Kane should have been on the bench as it sent out the wrong message to the rest of the squad after doing so brilliantly.

Out best player for the last month or so Sonny was marginalised which was a real shame

Foyth is still a boy and got bullied by a man today

The last 30 mins we were terrible. Once Winks got subbed off we lost the plot. No football, zero control

Not sure why they are getting such negative response. How else do you expect a team scrapping down the bottom to play? They arent gifted with players good enough to play beautiful football so they work at stopping us playing and doing what it takes to survive in the league
Our failure to win is on us inc poch. We didn't deserve anything out of the game.
Do you think it's good to watch?
I don't.
My comments are in response to this idiotic comment that gets trotted out every time we lose that we "bottled it"
Our team did not lose the game by being scared, or not going on the offensive.
We took off defensive players and went for it - which is the diametric opposite of bottling it.
I'd rather support a team that goes balls out to win and play football, than cowers on the edge of the box waiting to knife the opposition in the back.
To read the pathetic whining of posters looking for people to blame because they didn't play well enough to win is tedious.

If you think my comments are bad, wait until Prince Pompous the Poster trots out his weekly bullshit bulletin, where he blames everyone for everything and denigrates the efforts of everyone in a post that exceeds the word count of a thesaurus.

Different sport here but the winning mentality mindset should never be underestimated...The NFL’s New England Patriots.
Going into the season that has just past no one gave them a chance, even when they made it to the playoffs the doubters still questioned them, Brady is past it, the Gronk is held together by duct tape, surly they can’t keep going is what the experts said.
As the media world drooled over a young flamboyant QB in Patrick Mahomes with the Chiefs (NFL MVP) the powerfull running game of the Rams with a young risk taking head coach in Sean McVeigh at the helm, and the thought of a fairy tail ending for Drew Brees at the Saints, who had arguably the best all round game of any team in the league, everyone overlooked that one thing the Patriots possessed, Mentality!!

Not sure what any of that means. But looking at other sports, look at what happened when Dan Biggar came on for the miners yesterday. Lifted the whole team and eventually got a deserved win.

That's what an impact sub does. I know it's another sport but we need someone to collectively kick the whole team up the rear when they turn is such a poor performance.

Look on the bright side, at least we don’t have to pay to watch that boring, turgid anti-football week in week out.
There are too many teams like Burnley in our league but I do believe they are the worst.
Yes they won and will probably live off that win for the next 10 years but every week they have to put up with watching their team trying to stop the other team playing any form of football.
I wish someone would tell them that football is a form of entertainment, not a let’s see if we can suck any enjoyment out of the game.
Nothing against them as a club but as a team they are ridiculously boring.
I’d stop going if I had to watch what they turn out every week.

Look on the bright side, at least we don’t have to pay to watch that boring, turgid anti-football week in week out.
There are too many teams like Burnley in our league but I do believe they are the worst.
Yes they won and will probably live off that win for the next 10 years but every week they have to put up with watching their team trying to stop the other team playing any form of football.
I wish someone would tell them that football is a form of entertainment, not a let’s see if we can suck any enjoyment out of the game.
Nothing against them as a club but as a team they are ridiculously boring.
I’d stop going if I had to watch what they turn out every week.
That’s been the case for the past decade Burnley,Stoke,W.B.A ect they play to survive that’s it doesn’t matter how they play get a result job done Fat Sam,Pulis there the level that clubs play with managers like that if they had Eriksen,Hazard in their teams could you just image what they’d do to them!

That’s been the case for the past decade Burnley,Stoke,W.B.A ect they play to survive that’s it doesn’t matter how they play get a result job done Fat Sam,Pulis there the level that clubs play with managers like that if they had Eriksen,Hazard in their teams could you just image what they’d do to them!

What annoys me is how do they know they won’t do better by attempting to play good football?
Why don’t they ever consider what the fans want?
The fans turn up as they want to support the team but I can guarantee every one of them would love to watch fast flowing attacking football and be entertained.
It must just literally going through the motions rather than an enjoyable day out.

Look at wolves, they came up and are playing some lovely football and their fans absolutely love it. They put these boring anti-football clubs to shame.

Brighton and Bournemouth don't have any more resources than Burnley, they just go about it a different way.

Brighton and Bournemouth don't have any more resources than Burnley, they just go about it a different way.
Eddie Howe and Chris Hughton are younger and have a more modern approach to how/they play managers have sell by dates Allardyce,Pulis, Mourinho is now reaching that stage! But it’s also what they to play with as well average players doing their best but their best is average.

What annoys me is how do they know they won’t do better by attempting to play good football?
Why don’t they ever consider what the fans want?
The fans turn up as they want to support the team but I can guarantee every one of them would love to watch fast flowing attacking football and be entertained.
It must just literally going through the motions rather than an enjoyable day out.

Look at wolves, they came up and are playing some lovely football and their fans absolutely love it. They put these boring anti-football clubs to shame.
Agree, but they are mid table could be different if they were struggling and in the bottom 3!

Eddie Howe and Chris Hughton are younger and have a more modern approach to how/they play managers have sell by dates Allardyce,Pulis, Mourinho is now reaching that stage! But it’s also what they to play with as well average players doing their best but their best is average.
Sean Dyche is younger than Chris Hughton though!!

There is no way Chris Hughton is younger than Sean Dyche. He is a lot better looking, I'll give you that.

I wouldn’t bet on it . We’ve been poor for a long time . We have been very lucky with some of our results .

Sadly I agree.

Our main quality this season has been we are obstinate.

Just a fcuking shame it departed us yesterday.

Our best chance is Chelsea fatigue. No doubt in my mind that a victory would have taken us to another on Wednesday.

Backing the boys to bounce back. 4 at the back this time though please Poch.

Yesterday was always on the cards given our last few scrappy wins in the PL. In fact, I was more anxious about it than chavs and Woolwich. If we lose our next 2 I'm going to be fucking livid mind.

When Kane equalised it was as though the whole team thought job done.

If there is one downside of Kane returning, it's that the other players forget to give 100%.

Pochettino needed and needs to see that because one or two players fell below effort standards yesterday.

When Kane equalised it was as though the whole team thought job done.

If there is one downside of Kane returning, it's that the other players forget to give 100%.

Pochettino needed and needs to see that because one or two players fell below effort standards yesterday.

Agree with that. Noticed a different team spirit when Kane was out this season. All the players dug deep. Yesterday it was like they all were waiting for Kane to do something to get us a result. As I said yesterday, Son was absolutely anonymous by his usual standards and I can't help but feel rushing Kane back was not the move to make yesterday. I know he scored, but potentially at the expense of a vital win for us.

Still puzzled by Winks substitution yesterday. Sucked all the momentum out of the game for us at a time when we were dictating it. Maybe that's why Poch was so furious as he realised he made some tactical blunders after a few games of getting it spot on?

Back
Top Bottom