Woolwich @ Wembley - 2nd March - 1230KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't underestimate how much a draw like that in a North London Derby could really do to galvanise this lot. That'll feel like a win for the players (even though they should also be disappointed with the 90 minutes as a whole) - big game against Dortmund in the week. Games coming thick and fast and then they get a 3 weeks rest.

Top four is in our hands. Our fixtures aren't any harder than those around us.
We needed to stem the bleeding. If you’d have told me we’d get a point before the match I would’ve be disappointed, but given the second half and some of the tactical decisions, I’m just glad we’re still 4 points clear of 4th after that.

I'm a little reminded of Henry's late equaliser in 2006 in a game we should have won and ultimately it proved decisive in their favour. They also made it to the CL final that season...

The media are all outraged at the injustice of it all. And they are right, we didn't deserve the point. But fuck them all, we've had our share of bullshit already, we'll take this one without losing much sleep.
Felt like we’ve had a run of misfortune that last couple matches, so maybe a bit of luck was due. Today we just gave up big gross chances on the counter. Verts is our only CB I trust at the moment.

God that was stressful. Whilst wanted a win have to say a draw is better than losing especially to Woolwich. Saw the last hour but did see a free kick in the first half and again we left 2 players free at the end of the line. This has happened too often. When you look back apart from those good opportunities at the end of the first half we just did not create enough again. Now we have broken the not drawing record can see a few more coming soon, but we must win next week at Southampton. Seem to remember they attacked us well in the home match but we won because we were scoring then.

We need to stem the bleeding. If you’d have told me we’d get a point before the match I would’ve be disappointed, but given the second half and some of the tactical decisions, I’m just glad we’re still 4 points clear of 4th after that.

This draw was like a 2 point. I m not sure if it makes sense

It's just how utterly shite Woolwich are that leaves such a bitter taste. Such a massive opportunity missed to give them a real hiding.
So deflating.

Yeh but would have been horrible to have lost, I know it’s not perfect but I can live with that.

Our only draw of the season against these cunts.

I will take it though honestly, 1 point is better than none but man, we were utterly shocking today until the final 10 mins.

The seasons starting to feel a little too end of season with nothing to play for isn't it? I'm not sure if it's because we've had the stuffing knocked out of us the last few games but there just seems a lack of creative wanting or urgency.

We sorely missed Winks this afternoon.

For those of the "our squad is strong enough" nutters, why on earth did we play 40-odd minutes with a left back trying to play central midfield (very badly)?

Very odd performance. Low confidence, no-one willing to take chances, back three with the highest pass completion stats during the game.

We need a leader in the centre of our midfield.

Last summer, no signings etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom