Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whenever i tried to think about random name who could changed our game in midfield, usually only one name came around.
Joshua Kimmich.
Mind you that he really hates playing RB and Munich just say fuck you and ignore him.

Wan-Bissaka will go for £50,000,000+
Sessegnon likely about £20,000,000 minimum.
NDombele you'll be looking at £60,000,000+
Grealish will probably also be about £20,000,000

Wouldn't even like to think how much Madrid would demand for an injury prone past-it Gareth Bale.

Bale is not past it. He can get over the injuries with the right manager and fitness regime. With the right care he has a good 3 years left in him at the highest level.

Bale is not past it. He can get over the injuries with the right manager and fitness regime. With the right care he has a good 3 years left in him at the highest level.

He's missed 1 less game than Lamela has in the last 5 years due to injuries.

So we've given up on buying Zaha then?

:allitongue:

We need a RB, at least one CM and a forward. That's before we sell anyone.

Some names being mentioned aren't guaranteed to take us to the 'next level' and I think some are fashionable simply because we've been starved of new signings and would be happy with anybody!

For what it's worth I still think Grealish would be a good signing and would much prefer him over Maddison. I think he'd be slightly cheaper as well.

If we were to take any player from Leicester I'd want Chilwell. Better than Davies and potential to be better than Rose.

I won't lie, a significant part of me would absolutely love to see Bale back.

But I can't argue with his fitness record. It would be like having Dembele back. Love him, but likely to appear once in every five games, if we're lucky.

Still, if we can get a good deal....

Interesting that Llallana was brought on ten minutes ago to muster up some hope for Liverpool’s flailing title challenge and has failed to touch the ball.

Better than Lamela and Moura though that one and would win us the title from our bench.

If it really is going to be bale + 50 million for a player that will have 12 months left on his contract, then I can't see a negative here. We are always screaming out for winners, and bale left us to win literally every trophy available to him.

Eriksen is not exactly performing to the best of his ability, he seems uninterested at the times. I see Isco as the better value replacement, and if i had a choice I would probably go with him.

However we have no idea what the ramifications of bale coming back would be. The narrative of him returning and adding that extra star power to take us to the next level just seems too fairy tale to pass up.

I honestly think his injury record is tied to his unhappiness in Madrid. He has been lamented by Real fans and the Spanish press relentlessly for years now.

Who knows what would happen if he came back to Spurs where he already has mythological legendary status, he honestly is the most talented player I have ever had the chance to watch play for us.

He could be the catalyst for greatness.

May as well sell Dele and Harry then. How dare they miss games due to injuries every season

We need a team full of Sissokos:pochlol:

Amazingly, Bale has missed over double the amount of games Dele, Eriksen, Son and Kane have in the last 4 years through injury.

Impeccable.

Bale, a player famous for muscle injuries, isn't going to sign for a club famous for its muscle injuries. Just not happening.

Leave the dream of a club legend coming back to take us to glory in your head. Its where its best. That's where it is for me.

Last edited:
Lloris
KWP - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Rose
Winks - Dier - Grealish
Son - Dele
Kane
Gazzaniga, Foyth, Trippier, Sissoko, Brandt, Sessengon, Adams

If we were to sell Eriksen, Lamela, Alderweireld amongst others, I’d like to see something like this.

He has 2 goals in 27 games
He has 5 assists in 27 games
Facts

Jesus wept. Do you have to make everything so fucking tediously painful.

He's started 17 league games, played 1600 minutes in total, including coming on as sub 8 times. In those games he has 2 goals and 5 assists. before today it was a goal/assist every 200 ish minutes, it's now a bit more.

Last edited:
Being linked with a move for 18 year old Andoni Perez over in Spain it seems.

Regardless of if the club can successfully get main targets in or not, I do believe the club should be doing what it needs to to get promising youth through the door.

We don't seem to have a plethora of forgeign talent in our youth system. Personally I think the club potentially misses a trick utilising the rule that saw Fabregas classed as home grown but Dier deemed as not being so in the eyes of UEFA.

Absolutely loved being linked with Riqui Puig last summer, I hope we see it a little more in the future

Jesus wept. Do you have to make everything so fucking tediously painful.

He's started 17 league games, played 1600 minutes in total, including coming on as sub 8 times. In those games he has 2 goals and 5 assists. before today it was a goal/assist every 200 ish minutes, it's now a bit more.

Yeah....so thats 2 goals in 27 games, and 5 assists in 27 games

We've probably been to slow regarding Wan Bissaka. He's already out of our price range. That's why we should pay attention to Yan Valery from Southampton. He's not english, but I guess he's been aound long enough to call himself homegrown(?). According to Transfermarkt his deal only runs till summer 2020.

Back
Top Bottom