Panathinaikos #1882THFC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You where fucking quality yesterday mate, funny as fuck :ade: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
I was the ginner next to you for a brief period that offered you some coke :avblol:

...you were a fucking lifesaver, I was gasping at that point! (coulda stuck summit stronger in there though ffs!) :mong:

Glad you 'enjoyed' the repertoire!

THEY'RE THE YIDS OF AMERICA WOAAHH

It caught on (kinda) more than I'd ever hoped... I thought Brad was LONG overdue a song, and I guess Dempsey's never gonna 'earn' one of his own, so may as well lump him in too, anyway, the words fit... and it's geographically accurate, so what's not to sing?

La-La-La la la la, YIDS, La-la-la la la laaaa!

Was right in the middle of block 32 last night, voice is absolutely gone today. Great night, didn't stop singing from half sixish in the Brickies till the game ended. Plenty of songs I'd never sung before as well ! Met some cool people, posters on here and SC, memory a bit hazy to say the least though !

glad to hear it - as long as your not 12 or weird give us a shout sometime and we'll go for a pint when a games on, little treat for ya.

haha! don't flatter yourself bains, but that'd be quality! I'm 17 like, and definitely not 6ft 2 ;) so you'd have to buy us a drink- I'm not bad company though, Ricky put up with me anyway :avblol:. You'll have to give us a shout if you're off to a game too, more than happy to get a train down.

haha! don't flatter yourself bains, but that'd be quality! I'm 17 like, and definitely not 6ft 2 ;) so you'd have to buy us a drink- I'm not bad company though, Ricky put up with me anyway :avblol:. You'll have to give us a shout if you're off to a game too, more than happy to get a train down.

did he say I was 6'2? the fucking hobbit I'm 6'4!

Unfortunately yes. Some woman in front turned round and told me to be quiet, couldn't quite believe it! They didn't sing all game and I kid you not even when we scored I've never seen a couple (she was with her husband) be less enthused by a Spurs goal.

Loved 'Can't Smile Without You' and 'My Name Is'! 'Glory Glory' got going but not for as long and as slow as I'd hoped. But I'm very fussy!

My throat is well and truly fucked but that's all part and parcel. I'd sooner lose it for the rest of my life than sit in silence.

Funny thing was that it was her kid jumping up and down singing "Yid Army" all night long, i just about managed to avoid puking all over her old man which would have gone down like a lead ballon, must have been that dodgy burger at the brickes!, serves me right for trying to sober up. nice to meet everyone at DD pre match

Good night, when the 2nd went in I jumped up on my seat and didn't realise I was putting my arms on the woman next to me to keep me balanced, don't think she was best pleased.

Preferred Maribor as we were closer together and for the Coventry game we can't do it over 3 blocks we've got to try and be together in one block maybe 2 if the demand is there otherwise it won't sound as good.

Good night, when the 2nd went in I jumped up on my seat and didn't realise I was putting my arms on the woman next to me to keep me balanced, don't think she was best pleased.

Preferred Maribor as we were closer together and for the Coventry game we can't do it over 3 blocks we've got to try and be together in one block maybe 2 if the demand is there otherwise it won't sound as good.

There was someone in front of me who got on his chair a few time after we scored tried to get a few songs going it worked on the second or third attempt. I would have assisted more on that but I'm a bit pathetic when I haven't had at least 3 beers. My row was a little quiet plus the guy I brought along wasn't getting involved to much, think he usually "sits" he told me when he does go :avbfacepalm:

It was a good night but I need to up my game next time, more Alcohol I think.

Finally home! Had a great night, and finally got to see an 1882 goal in the flesh! Was brilliant getting to meet more of the lads on here, here's to meeting again the next time I'm over for a match!

It caught on (kinda) more than I'd ever hoped... I thought Brad was LONG overdue a song, and I guess Dempsey's never gonna 'earn' one of his own, so may as well lump him in too, anyway, the words fit... and it's geographically accurate, so what's not to sing?

La-La-La la la la, YIDS, La-la-la la la laaaa!
I liked the 'Captain America' chant you started for Brad that didn't take off and the indignation in the explanation that followed! "Well he's the captain and he's American..." :brad:

was my first senior game this season I had been to and I walked in and I hated the fact that I wasn't in block 32 so I could sing, jump and be hammered without being looked at weirdly by people stuffing their faces with prawn sandwiches. However I was surprised by the amount of people singing in block 1, so it was cool. Loved it when we went 2-1 up, all of a sudden I felt like a giant tormenting 1500 greek midgets.

Having said that we were taught a lesson on how to support a team last night, they were great. I say we should go in that direction, just start off with scarfs and gradually build up from there.

On the tube a panathinaikos fan said to 2 young spurs fans 'no matter if your team wins or loses, always chant their name, no matter.' I nearly cried with happiness, I hope those kids never forget those words

Funny thing was that it was her kid jumping up and down singing "Yid Army" all night long, i just about managed to avoid puking all over her old man which would have gone down like a lead ballon, must have been that dodgy burger at the brickes!, serves me right for trying to sober up. nice to meet everyone at DD pre match

was it?!?! I didn't even realise that! What a cow

Friedel -Why?!.....Please just let him go to Blackburn. Everything he does is inferior to Lloris.

Dempsey - shite again, play forwards you dick.....it's what you're good at.

Carroll - sorry, he's not going to make it. I'd loved to be proved wrong but in the 2nd half he was getting schooled by greek part-timers.

1882 - not nearly as load as Maribor, maybe because their fans were more in numbers but I couldn't hear you at all from the east upper.

Overall - without Dembele we look very poor.......I can't remember if we've won a game without him?

Woah!
Carroll and Sandro vs a two-man midfield... no wonder they were overrun.

Carroll is going to be such a good player (hopefully for us).

Not had the chance to get on here since Thursday but another top night.
I do think Maribor and the surprise element was better but still a top night with relentless singing for 90 minutes.

Could see the Greeks going mental but couldn't hear them in the far corner of block 32. Nice to see the banner the row in front of me, can't remember what it said now and it doesn't help I was behind it but think it was along the lines of "sing up for the shirt/Spurs" and 1882 somewhere else on it.

Heard Hava but didn't really kick off fully.
Good to hear the Kyle Walker song going properly, also enjoyed the "do do do, little Tommy Carroll".
Nice to hear some of the older songs again (Glory Glory, Can't Smile Without You) and less frequently sung songs (Bertie Mee, My Name is..)

"oh when the Spurs" seems to get quicker every week. Heard a few trying to get "one more time, again!" but didn't get the third round going really. I don't think there's anything wrong with just the two I just don't see why it has to be so quick.

Highlight for me though was the solid "AVB's blue and white army (YIDS)" for a good 5-10 minutes in the second half.

Bring on Coventry.

As for the game. Not a great performance but got the result which is the main thing. Looking at some of the sides we could have faced if we'd finished top I don't think we're that unfortunate really.
Roll on the 20th so we can find out who we've got :)

Did anyone see my banner?

A9c1NZzCUAAOwfJ.jpg:large

I liked the 'Captain America' chant you started for Brad that didn't take off and the indignation in the explanation that followed! "Well he's the captain and he's American..." :brad:

I was merely applying the Roy. Walker philosophy of 'say what you see'!

Back
Top Bottom