Southampton (A) 9th March - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In the long term Levy and Poch are the ones to blame. Levy mainly for the business end of things. But ultimately in the short term it is on Poch to instill a winning mentality in the players that makes them deliver no matter the opponent. And on the players for not realizing this themselves.

As someone else wrote. It seems like the entire club has grown complacent.

This summer will be very interesting. As I see it Levy will have to take action in the player market. We know it, Poch knows it, Levy knows it.

If we miss out on CL I think Levy will sack Poch, I think the bare minimum as far as Levy is concerned is us getting into the CL for the new stadium, Poch has even said so himself when he signed his new contract.

Even though Levy is as much to blame if we do fail but the truth is, this team is good enough to finish in the top 4 and we shouldn’t be missing out, lack of signings or not, we shouldn’t be dropping out of the top 4.

We are now in a situation where, by tomorrow, United could be level on points with us and the chavs could be 2 points behind us and our next game is Liverpool away.

Basically, by the time we play our next game we could be out of the top 4 completely.

From “Title contenders” to playing in the Europa League in our £1B stadium.

And people say we aren’t bottlers, well today proved something to me, we are and I don’t know how anybody can dispute it.

We should have been essentially home and dry for top 4 before this Liverpool game.

Pathetic.
This is definitely Poch’s first
walker Peters should not have played a minute longer than his abortion against Barca. Cunt is division 1 fodder. Not even championship
Both goals were on him for sure. He’s nowhere near good enough for a top4 side.

Both agree and disagree. He's the only one that's scored at all. But what he needed was to be taken off in second half of all the games. Nando should have come on with son earlier and we just play the long ball game. Why we didn't revert to the same kind of performance as Dortmund is odd. Pack the midfield and defence and just see it just play on the counter cautiously. Just kept trying to go all out for another goal. Just needed points on the board and fuck the performance. We could all see it coming. So why didn't poch!!

Maybe.... Just maybe..... Having a few world class players helps managers look good....

Redknapp /Bale anyone?

lord above - people are actually disagreeing with me over this

where in his post (or posting history) is evidence of someone who is a committed and dedicated Spurs fan?

he's a serial moaner, complainer and critic of pretty much every aspect of anything the club does, that isn't a convincing win.
ok mick, we get it! you are the bestest spurs fan ever. Attacking other spurs forum users & trying to get in a cunt off with them is clearly a true sign of a committed & dedicated spurs fan.

We have generally played poorly for most of the season but have managed to pick up wins. Good trait to win when playing badly but at some point the tide will turn and that is what has happened and is happening.

Gonna be tough now to qualify for the top 4. A couple of rivals are piling on the pressure and hitting form at the right time
Which ones? Only Utd have hit form and they've still got City, Woolwich and Chelsea to play. So even if they do win all their remaining games at least 2 other rivals will drop points. Mind - if we play like second half today can't see us getting enough points anyway. On the other hand if we play like we did in the first half .... (my glass is still kind of half full, but I think there must be a hole in it)

The team is screaming for investment and some restructuring. Why Poch is persisting with these odd formations and shuffling the back line beats me. If you think we've lost nine league matches this season because of 'intensity' or 'passion' you need to have a word, frankly. The problems are structural, and deeper lying.

Still struggling to get my head around how we contrived to so royally fuck this up. And now we're seriously in jeopardy of fucking up a top 4 place completely.

Had such a little boost too after the Dortmund result and stadium news. Fuck me, this club will be the death of me!

It's unbelievable to even think that Kane coming back would have led to this run of results. I mean, he's one of the best strikers in the world. I can only think our mentality without him meant that individuals worked harder to cover for him. Collectively, we looked a better team without him during that spell. I'm not suggesting we drop him or anything, just can't work out why we've been so poor with him in the side again.

Let’s not pretend we weren’t absolutely scraping results when he was injured. Our football was mostly horrid, defensively shocking stuff where we somehow got a few wins at the end. Against Fulham, Newcastle, Leicester and Watford we were crap and somehow won the games. Now Kane is back and we are still crap but he has scored in 4 out of the 5 games he’s played.

The rest of the team are not doing their jobs properly, how can we concede 7 goals in 4 games? Kane is not the problem. This stage of the season it’s about doing the basics right and keeping clean sheets. Liverpool and City are keeping clean sheets while we are letting any old rubbish score against us.

Trippier has offered sweet fuck all up top this season. That's the point.

Its a fake point because every single game he puts balls into the box....hes not been his best, but crosses from a wing back is better than no crosses from a wing back

He's done fuck all in the final third and he's even worse defensively. If anything, Trippier has PROVEN this season he isn't good enough for a team wanting to compete in the top four, regardless of whatever he's shown in the past.
He's off form, and still better than Aurier. You judge a players ability in his worst form and carrying two injuries this season. Why not judge Eriksen as a player on this season too? Or Sanchez?
I judge players on what they have done over the years at their best, and Aurier and KWP have never come close to Trippier last season or at the end of Kyles last season.
Simple facts, and you know this.

Back
Top Bottom