Southampton (A) 9th March - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are a schizophrenic team in the extreme - with a very high ceiling when the players actually keep their goddamn focus. You never know...

But it's a different type of challenge, isn't it? Obviously Dortmund are a much better team than So'ton but they are a footballing side that leave you a lot of space, which suits us. We tend to play better in those games. We couldn't handle So'ton's use of space and width after the formation change.

I think Kane coming back and our bad form are just coincidence, we played perfectly fine when he was in the team before.

Unless the players are secretly thinking he needs to earn his way back into the team which is a ludicrous proposition, he is the best striker in world football, Ronaldo and Messi wouldn’t be fucking benched.

It’s either that or the team are subconsciously trying to find Kane at every opportunity to get him goals and by doing so it’s affecting the way we play overall.

But I don’t think it’s any of that personally because in that first half today we were outstanding, only thing lacking was the goals.

The problem we have is all upstairs, we turn up for one half of a game, we don’t fight hard enough and we are complacent and then on top of that, we panic and bottle it.

It’s down to Poch to fix the problem but apparently that isn’t working because the players aren’t responding to him.

If poch doesn't make top 4 he should be sacked end of. Pissed away best squad we have had in prem league history

Or alternatively, has kept us competing with the richest teams in the world with minimal spending - and looking forward to our CL quarter final.

We're not playing well at the moment, but sacking Poch is just fucking ridiculous.

He keeps saying this but isn’t it his job to make sure the players have the right mentality going into games?

Only so many times I can hear him say this before I start thinking that the players actually couldn’t give a toss what Poch thinks anymore because if this is how he truly thinks then why aren’t they listening to him?
I think this talk of sacking him is madness but I do get the impression that Poch is not doing a great job of motivating them right now. We are sleepwalking through a lot of games.

The only thing I’m clinging onto this season is Liverpool not winning the league .

Nooo..I don't think I could take them cunts down the road finishing above us let alone getting an ecl spot..much prefer a man u win than anything tomorrow..
There's one cunt I will personally stab in the eyes if they do finish above us and I find the cunt.

Whatever way you look at it, I think the bottom line has always been to get top 4 this season, even if that only happens in the final game this season. That might not sit well with a lot of fans but that's the way it is.

Next season though i really feel Poch and Levy will be out....
Fixed!

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino tells MOTD: "It is so difficult to understand why we changed so much from the first half to the second. I am very disappointing, we were better in everything and then we lose the game. It is about competing better for the first goal if you want to be a contender for big things. The second half we did not take it seriously, I don't want to criticise too much but when you lose a game that was under control after 45 minutes, should be 3-0, 4-0 and finishes in 2-1 defeat, it is difficult to accept.

"We started to take some risks that were unnecessary and that was the main problem. It gave them belief and they started to build their game. When you lose the momentum after 45 minutes, that is about mentality, that is about begin strong and keeping the right. For us, we lost the momentum and gave them relief.

"Their first goal was a cross in front of the goal where four players can put the ball out of the stadium. We were not capable of doing it and it is a tough moment and a tough result.

"This is our reality. People talk about perceptions but we need to realise if you do not fight with intensity for the Champions League, you will struggle. The reality is you cannot only play for 45 minutes, we are a Champions League team, into the quarter-finals. The team does not have the experience of competing in these circumstance, it is good to learn but we have to fight every single opponent.

"We are fighting against big sides (for the top four). We had a big gap, welcome to the reality, we are under pressure to win games. It is a massive challenge for us."

ok mick, we get it! you are the bestest spurs fan ever. Attacking other spurs forum users & trying to get in a cunt off with them is clearly a true sign of a committed & dedicated spurs fan.
I'm not interested in fighting with anyone on here
neither do I think I'm the best Spurs supporter - the people that lay their money down, home and away get that accolade.

I go as often as I can, and I have been doing so for over 50 years, so I am comfortable with the quality and level of support that I give, both vocally at matches and in a forum of this nature.

We both know that you fit in to mindless's frame of supporter, so you will obviously take his side, and I have given you a hard time for doing so in the past. So I expect little else from a "supporter" of your calibre and mindset

I have said it before, and to be honest, see no reason why I can't say it again - anyone who cares about the club is hurting after a result like that - and there is absolutely no benefit, whatsoever, in coming onto a Spurs fans forum, and poking at an open wound with a sharp, shit covered , burning stick.

People that do that do NOT prove (to me) that they are committed supporters at all. They just come across as whining cocks. When you have been a supporter as long as I have, endured relegation and heartache of watching the team you love, play as badly as we have done in the past , then you can come on here and justifiably take a pop at me for being short with that kind of support.

Until then - well, - you can work out what I'd like you to do.

Poch on whether Spurs are now in a battle for the top four: "Maybe it's good, people will realise our real level."

WTF? Why does he keep saying this stuff. How can the players expect to be motivated if Poch keeps saying things like "we're shit" and "we're not gonna win any trophies in the coming 5 years"

If you really believe it has no impact on performance and mentality, you're delusional.

So Poch just said that it’s good we’re in a battle for top 4, as people will realise our level.

Getting really fucking bored of him talking us down. Every time we crash out of something, it’s ‘good’. I don’t think he likes the pressure either.

I think this talk of sacking him is madness but I do get the impression that Poch is not doing a great job of motivating them right now. We are sleepwalking through a lot of games.

I think if we continue to play like this for the remainder of the season and we miss out on top 4 then I think it might be a reasonable question to ask.

There is no point keeping a manager that can’t motivate the players to give everything in every game.

It’s either we move on or we have a complete squad overhaul.

Or you know, the players actually do their fucking jobs so Poch doesn’t get the sack.

I don’t want Poch gone but ultimately, as we have seen at clubs like Chelsea, the players have the power these days unless the chairman completely backs his man and tells the players to get on with it or they will get sold.

I can’t understand what’s going on with us right now, one minute we are fantastic the next we are having games like today.

We haven’t signed a single player in two windows, we have sold players and not replaced them (Dembele) writing it off as a non-factor is ridiculous mate, sorry but it has had an impact.

Levy is not blameless here, he might be a fantastic businessman that has kept this club stable but he has no fucking idea about the football side of things.
Few chairmen is having an idea of how to run the footballing side of things. That's why they hire managers and football executives to do the job for them.
Just look at Ed Woodward for christ sake. He got saved by Fergie's tip to hire Solskjær, or else that club would be in shatters now.
What I mean is, that Levy really have got much out of little means, and that we can solely thank him for being where we are today. The mans got a vision and strategy. What do Woolwich have?

Back
Top Bottom