Tottenham Hotspur v Man City [UCL QF] - Tuesday, April 9th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where's Bus Conducter with his ratings thread?

Some really gritty performances out there last night but I'd have to go for Sissoko as MotM. Nothing fancy and not really an attacking threat but massive in breaking up their play and stopping their momentum. A real thorn in their side.
Top man, Moussa
What a snip at 30million.

Just seen on a local Spurs FB page I am on, a few people were ejected from the North Stand for "standing". I was hoping they would be sensible about this, but seems they are getting tough :( . I don't think it has helped how the season tickets were allocated, have now heard non-standers in the south stand and standers in the North etc. Why not allow people to swap if this is such an issue. Cannot be too hard to implement.

Still really buzzing, despite the thick head from necking a bottle of wine on top of the beers before.

I missed the two key parts of the game as well, stream froze after the joke of a penalty decision, then my wife's friend called at one of the various parts where I was going proper mental. She told me to STFU so I went outside for a snout to calm the nerves. Come back and see the score, started doing a silly dance. The look of complete contempt on her face was a picture

Just seen on a local Spurs FB page I am on, a few people were ejected from the North Stand for "standing". I was hoping they would be sensible about this, but seems they are getting tough :( . I don't think it has helped how the season tickets were allocated, have now heard non-standers in the south stand and standers in the North etc. Why not allow people to swap if this is such an issue. Cannot be too hard to implement.
Whilst I've every sympathy with anyone who gets chucked out for standing, if it was up to me safe standing seats (yes I know about the law) would be installed all the way around the entire lower tier, but anyone not in the South Stand thinking that they can stand and not be expected to be at least asked to sit down is completely and utterly nieve.

Last edited:
I said we would win 1 of the 3 matches and we have. I said we were due an outstanding performance and we got it. Is it enough? No idea but at the moment I am happy despite loss of Kane.

this post from Bluemoon sums up city fans:

"Actually think it is set up for a great 2nd leg and good game of football , if we had won 3-0 , it would have been a dead squib game with a three quarter full crowd , now we have a finely balanced game a full house and what will be a great atmosphere , and we do not have to be scared of these games now , because we invariably win the big games , can't wait for the return match and the potential heart attack , its the City way"

They were by far the worst set of supporters I have seen for a while. No passion or energy. Bit embarrassing to be honest. Palace were far far louder.

this post from Bluemoon sums up city fans:

"Actually think it is set up for a great 2nd leg and good game of football , if we had won 3-0 , it would have been a dead squib game with a three quarter full crowd , now we have a finely balanced game a full house and what will be a great atmosphere , and we do not have to be scared of these games now , because we invariably win the big games , can't wait for the return match and the potential heart attack , its the City way"

They were by far the worst set of supporters I have seen for a while. No passion or energy. Bit embarrassing to be honest. Palace were far far louder.
The only "fans" of the big clubs across Europe who can't be bothered to turn up for a Champions League Quarter Final if their team had won the first leg. Say what you want about PSG (taking them as an example since they're the other Human Rights abuser club), but at least their core fanbase is miles ahead of City.

The only "fans" of the big clubs across Europe who can't be bothered to turn up for a Champions League Quarter Final if their team had won the first leg. Say what you want about PSG (taking them as an example since they're the other Human Rights abuser club), but at least their core fanbase is miles ahead of City.

This Club has a more passionate fanbase than City, just look at that Dogs passion.

dog+watching+the+football.jpg

Back
Top Bottom