Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finally finished reading through.

Didn't get home until after 11pm local time last night after going with the kids to the local women's team match. Got to see them win 5-0, saw some friends that support Woolwich, Utd and Dippers.

Woolwich supporter just hung his head.
Utd supporter congratulated me.
Dippers said they were glad because now they know they will win.

Even got a text from a Chelsea supporting friend to congratulate me.

There was a time when he couldn't pass the ball into an empty net from 10 yards. I think he deserves a lot or credit for improving so much. And the way he has dealt with all that racist bullshit.
Sure he has improved. But he already gets PLENTY of praise from all quarters out there, so I don't feel the need to suck his dick on a Spurs forum. I'm personally just sick of hearing about him in the media all the damn time, it feels like everyone's been obssessed with this guy ever since he showed up as a 16 year old at Liverpool; I don't care about all the fucking political agendas and social issues or whatever, I just want the fucking media wankfest around him to die down a bit.

Don't let anyone tell you that City were hard done by. How they couldn't overcome us over 2 legs with such an embarrassment of riches-they've only got themselves to blame.
This exactly!!!!

Its getting lost in all the noise but it should be remembered that City have spent 1.2billion on players since the oil money started running...... Whichever way you look at it, with the amount of resources they have they have failed massively here. This is Rocky versus Ivan Drago stuff.

We may have rode our luck but what choice do you have when facing a club with an entire country's worth of resources at their disposal.

Sure he has improved. But he already gets PLENTY of praise from all quarters out there, so I don't feel the need to suck his dick on a Spurs forum. I'm personally just sick of hearing about him in the media all the damn time, it feels like everyone's been obssessed with this guy ever since he showed up as a 16 year old at Liverpool; I don't care about all the fucking political agendas and social issues or whatever, I just want the fucking media wankfest around him to die down a bit.
Oh, right. I actually avoid a lot of media talk. And I'm not English, and normally take a break from football when international games come round, so that probably helps, too.

This exactly!!!!

Its getting lost in all the noise but it should be remembered that City have spent 1.2billion on players since the oil money started running...... Whichever way you look at it, with the amount of resources they have they have failed massively here. This is Rocky versus Ivan Drago stuff.

We may have rode our luck but what choice do you have when facing a club with an entire country's worth of resources at their disposal.
When you look at the options they've had on their bench over the two legs compared to ours, and all the fucking tinkering that Guardiola has done with personnel and systems, their tactics at NWHL, leaving Llorente unmarked at a set piece, etc, fuck them. Only themselves to blame.

When you look at the options they've had on their bench over the two legs compared to ours, and all the fucking tinkering that Guardiola has done with personnel and systems, their tactics at NWHL, leaving Llorente unmarked at a set piece, etc, fuck them. Only themselves to blame.

The quality of their bench alone is staggering..............

And they still cocked it up!! What a bunch of numpties!!

:dembelelol:

An interesting couple of points in the football365 mailbox...
Hand off
On the issue of the Llorente handball last night, you said in 16 Conclusions: ‘It was a goal that will surely not count when proposed rule changes are brought into action’. I disagree. Let’s look at that proposed rule change from the International FA Board:

‘For example, a goal scored directly from the hand/arm (even if accidental) and a player scoring or creating a goal-scoring opportunity after having gained possession/control of the ball from their hand/arm (even if accidental) will no longer be allowed.’

Llorente neither:
1. Scored directly from the hand/arm. It hit his hip and then possibly a City defender’s hand before going in.

2. Created a goal scoring opportunity after having gained possession/control of the ball from his hand/arm. Surely this provision cannot apply to him. He certainly didn’t control the ball with his arm. Can he have ever been in possession of the ball? It glanced off him, so no.

Apart from all of that, his arm was glued to his side at all times. There was no, even accidental, advantage gained, as if his arm hadn’t been there, the ball would’ve just hit his side.

The proposed new rule, as I see it, is aimed at those who accidentally gain an advantage by handling the ball, which advantage leads directly to a goal.

The proposed new rule still allows for accidental handball to go unpunished in some limited circumstances, and I believe last night’s goal was one of those circumstances.

What think ye?
Tim O’Keeffe, Roscommon, Ireland
There was something in the air last night,
The VAR was right,
Fernando
Even tho it came off his hand
The goal would stand
Fernando

Back
Top Bottom