Match thread: Tottenham vs Swansea (Home)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

no respect , urge to kill rising rising

People that do not respect the Moose should die , or at least get Syphilis from a heroin hooker

Even if i had the same discussion with Spurs fans and TFC celebs before he came , most of them have admitted that seeing Dembele play is a thing of beauty. He needs to develop his game true but the assesment is very harsh for a player that has already proven his class. I do like the fact that he goes against the Jenas bashing though

Your post
It was meant to be funny - right?
Like a piss take on football punditry...............

jesus, did you mean that stuff?

I see, you are moving on to other targets.

Well I apologise if you feel I have slighted you somehow.

Alternatively if you are just being a prick then go fuck yourself.

I see, you are moving on to other targets.

Well I apologise if you feel I have slighted you somehow.

Alternatively if you are just being a prick then go fuck yourself.
I'm sad, as I always thought you talked sense, then I saw that piece you wrote, as a response to someone else railing about someones footballing knowledge. Now, without knowing what I have to say - you have told me to go and fuck myself. That's hardly an impressive thing to do - is it?
Your piece was hogwash, and it makes you look like you don't understand how football matches are played - or understand how at any one time, in any given game, thousands of options open up and evolve to make tactical policies like the ones you described fall apart like a deck of cards. You might like to elevate the manager or players to ethereal levels, or create tactics to try to fit games that have been played, but reasonable thinking people don't.
Games are won and lost by talented players, playing at their best, as a team, created and led by inspirational leaders - either on the field or off. Most tactical notions of the fanciful variety that you came up with are rubbish.
Read this - you might then begin to understand what a real manager does and says.

and no - I won't go and fuck myself.

I don't have targets, I just don't see why people who post cobblers should get away with it unchallenged. Its called the spirit of debate

I'm sad, as I always thought you talked sense, then I saw that piece you wrote, as a response to someone else railing about someones footballing knowledge. Now, without knowing what I have to say - you have told me to go and fuck myself. That's hardly an impressive thing to do - is it?
Your piece was hogwash, and it makes you look like you don't understand how football matches are played - or understand how at any one time, in any given game, thousands of options open up and evolve to make tactical policies like the ones you described fall apart like a deck of cards. You might like to elevate the manager or players to ethereal levels, or create tactics to try to fit games that have been played, but reasonable thinking people don't.
Games are won and lost by talented players, playing at their best, as a team, created and led by inspirational leaders - either on the field or off. Most tactical notions of the fanciful variety that you came up with are rubbish.
Read this - you might then begin to understand what a real manager does and says.

I don't have targets, I just don't see why people who post cobblers should get away with it unchallenged. Its called the spirit of debate

To begin with your final point, the spirit of debate is not to simply mock someone, then mock them again dismissively when they ask for clarity. It is to actually debate.

Something you fail again at the third attempt despite making the effort of a more lengthly post.

I thank you for the link, its not something I have read before and is very interesting. Though I have no idea what you think it proves.

To run through your post in order.

My "comedy gold" was nothing to do with railing against another posters football knowledge. That was an entirely seperate post.

I told you to go fuck yourself if you were being a dick, otherwise I apologised if I had somehow offended you. I can assure you if I had it would have been inadvertant. As you instead choose to take up the "go fuck yourself" I can only assume it is an admission of you being a dick.

What is hardly impressive is simply mocking someone you disagree with and not even showing the courtesy of saying why.

Where exactly am I talking hogwash?
- Where I relay what AVB has stated as his philosophy?
- Where I offer the opinion that I like the sound of it?
- Where I state that I believe we are missing passing opportunities?
- Or where I offer my view of the differences between our RB options?

Feel free to counter any point made, it may be that I learn something, but please actually offer a point to talk about "in the spirit of debate".

Ranting on about how I am apparently "elevating the manager to etheral levels" or cannot appreciate the complexities of the game misses the meaning in my post completely and is simply you reaching for something that is not there.

I am well aware of just how much is going on at any given time. And I am certainly not elevating AVB anywhere for appreciating his ideals on the game. In any online debate I believe it is more productive to speak at a higher level than jumping straight into the minute details. If a debate leads there then fine, but to start? General concepts suffice to get things going, IMO. That does not mean I lack appreciation for the detail though.

Why dont you counter my post instead of mocking? Clearly you feel you have suprior knowledge of the game, perhaps you do, either way you should be able to articulate your thoughts and interact on the points at hand.

To begin with your final point, the spirit of debate is not to simply mock someone, then mock them again dismissively when they ask for clarity. It is to actually debate.

Something you fail again at the third attempt despite making the effort of a more lengthly post.

I thank you for the link, its not something I have read before and is very interesting. Though I have no idea what you think it proves.

To run through your post in order.

My "comedy gold" was nothing to do with railing against another posters football knowledge. That was an entirely seperate post.

I told you to go fuck yourself if you were being a dick, otherwise I apologised if I had somehow offended you. I can assure you if I had it would have been inadvertant. As you instead choose to take up the "go fuck yourself" I can only assume it is an admission of you being a dick.

What is hardly impressive is simply mocking someone you disagree with and not even showing the courtesy of saying why.

Where exactly am I talking hogwash?
- Where I relay what AVB has stated as his philosophy?
- Where I offer the opinion that I like the sound of it?
- Where I state that I believe we are missing passing opportunities?
- Or where I offer my view of the differences between our RB options?

Feel free to counter any point made, it may be that I learn something, but please actually offer a point to talk about "in the spirit of debate".

Ranting on about how I am apparently "elevating the manager to etheral levels" or cannot appreciate the complexities of the game misses the meaning in my post completely and is simply you reaching for something that is not there.

I am well aware of just how much is going on at any given time. And I am certainly not elevating AVB anywhere for appreciating his ideals on the game. In any online debate I believe it is more productive to speak at a higher level than jumping straight into the minute details. If a debate leads there then fine, but to start? General concepts suffice to get things going, IMO. That does not mean I lack appreciation for the detail though.

Why dont you counter my post instead of mocking? Clearly you feel you have suprior knowledge of the game, perhaps you do, either way you should be able to articulate your thoughts and interact on the points at hand.
If you weren't so personally offensive, I'd make an effort, but you're just another ignorant arse who cannot deal with having their understanding challenged, without assuming its some sort assault on your manhood - so out comes the testosterone based aggressiveness.

Its a poor world when people are too precious to have the mickey taken out of them.

The answer to your question has already been provided for you. Its a simple game, its not a science, KISS.
The Ferguson piece exemplifies most of the points I raised, if you can't work it out for yourself, I will think even less of you.
I have work to do, and it doesn't involve writing a dissertation on why more bollocks is spoken about football than pretty much anything other than politics and religion.

If you weren't so personally offensive, I'd make an effort, but you're just another ignorant arse who cannot deal with having their understanding challenged, without assuming its some sort assault on your manhood - so out comes the testosterone based aggressiveness.

Its a poor world when people are too precious to have the mickey taken out of them.

The answer to your question has already been provided for you. Its a simple game, its not a science, KISS.
The Ferguson piece exemplifies most of the points I raised, if you can't work it out for yourself, I will think even less of you.
I have work to do, and it doesn't involve writing a dissertation on why more bollocks is spoken about football than pretty much anything other than politics and religion.

Im personally offensive!? :roflmao:

Lets have a look at what effort you have made so far

comedy gold mate
love it.

Your post
It was meant to be funny - right?
Like a piss take on football punditry...............

jesus, did you mean that stuff?

Your piece was hogwash, and it makes you look like you don't understand how football matches are played - or understand how blah blah... at any one time, in any given game, thousands of options open up and evolve to make tactical policies like the ones you described fall apart like a deck of cards. You might like to elevate the manager or players to ethereal levels, or create tactics to try to fit games that have been played, but reasonable thinking people don't.

If this is your idea of "the spirit of debate" and not being an ignorant arse coming out with testosterone based aggressiveness then I dread to think what you are like when you go down to that level!

This is how you open dialogue with people normally is it? Mock them without offering your own view? an alternative perspective?

Also, quite obviously you arent even reading what is being said before replying.

Yes, my last response was a touch taking the piss but that was only due to the tone you took to me to begin. And even then, I meant every word - I broken down the "comedy gold" into points for you to reply. I would genuinely have liked to engage on the subject to find out what it is you think differently to me and why. I have tried, again, to engage.

But guess what? You prefer to be a dick, so go fuck yourself.

And that isnt testosteron fuelled rage at some percieved slight at my manhood, that is frustration at genuine attempts to engage being futile, and the hypocrisy you display.

"Spirit of debate" - hilarious.

OK Tommy, what exactly is AVB doing wrong in your eyes, amaze with your blinding insight into the inner workings of the tactical side of football.

I could do with a the entertainment in seeing how you react when somebody says you're talking bollocks.

Im personally offensive!? :roflmao:

But guess what? You prefer to be a dick, so go fuck yourself.

And that isnt testosteron fuelled rage at some percieved slight at my manhood, that is frustration at genuine attempts to engage being futile, and the hypocrisy you display.

"Spirit of debate" - hilarious.
Like I said, its a sad world when people are so precious that they cant take a bit of mickey taking.
If you think I'm going to explain myself or have a conversation with someone who can only punctuate the conversation with "you're a dick", and "go fuck yourself" then you have another think coming.

Would you
a. accept that from someone in a face to face discussion
b. Behave like that in a face to face discussion

I'm guessing no - to both.
Well neither do I - personally or on line.

You got caught out talking cock, and all you can come up with is insults to cover your tracks. Man up and grow a pair.

:dawsonwtf:

Back
Top Bottom