Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On the plus side, they're not exactly packing the defence. On the minus side, we're not making anything of it. I try to give Llorente the benefit of the doubt, but he always lets me down.

Hope JV's alright - but he's clearly not.

The second half can't possibly be as bad as the first. We're worse than we were against West Spam.

Sissoko changed the game. Allowed alli to play where he should be. He just cannot play cm. Sounds shit but I genuinely wouldn't be too devastated if we go to ajax at 1 nil down with Son coming back. For all their possession they look dodgy at the back

I’m expecting him to be positive - not slumped in his chair at one point then looking depressed on the line the other - and others posters agreed . That’s not an opinion those are the facts .

He has got it wrong with the shape and selection but we’re allowed to say positive things. It’s beyond a joke with some of you
Can you at least accept that the talk when Vertonghen was injured changed something in us? Be positive once please...

One nil diwn and Hugo made one real save and yet the melts are out like yoghurt on a thrush infection! Have some faith and stop being defeatist Woolwich-a-like entitled prick...

COYS!

Bit disappointed we've gone with 3cb's and Llorente. Going with 3cb's means it's an 8v7 offensive match-up, the fact that one of those 7 for us is Llorente makes it a 8 v 6.5.

Could end up chasing the ball.

I said this before it started, and was pretty much how it panned out.

What really, really worries me is how Poch, who's watched the same Ajax that the rest of us have watched, thought that going with the selections and format he went with would actually produce a different outcome?

Amazing really as Mick Cooper Mick Cooper was telling me only earlier that:

The tactical part of it is more often than not pseudo science bullshit that mugs like you swallow whole.

Yet the minute we swapped out a CB and put an extra body into midfield, we suddenly had the ability to compete better without the ball and one more option with it. Who's have thought football science could be so fucking simple eh?

Dele non-existent in the first half.

Sissoko a beast.

This team has got to get a result here tonight. A draw after that first half at least wouldn't be a bad result. Would take 1-1 after that half.

Attacking the south will hopefully give us something.

Poch please work some magic.

Genuinely wasn't able to concentrate fully on the game after Jan's injury. Honestly in shock at the state he was in.
Whichever fucking imbecile on our medical staff let him back on the pitch needs sacking immediately after the match.

Ajax are one of the best sides I have seen all season, but I have REAL FAITH that we can get a goal or two in the second half. We have had chances!!

Back
Top Bottom