Where are you watching the final?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just found out my son has a baseball "extravaganza" that day. I know, you lot don't give an F about baseball, but my oldest has Aspergers, and he plays on an team of kids with special needs, and this is the first time he's felt like part of a team. He absolutely loves it. His brother and cousins all play multiple sports and he feels left out. This is the only sport he can really play (might try golf when he's a bit older) so this is kind of a big deal for him.

Of course the league has scheduled their day to host the similar teams in the area all at one complex for 2-3 games on......JUNE EFFING 1ST.

3PM local time for the Final. No way we'll be done with baseball. I can either 1) watch on my phone while i'm there and piss off my wife, 2) stay home to watch with my other son (huge Spurs fan like me), REALLY piss off my wife AND terribly disappoint my son, or 3) I can shut my phone off, and DVR it.

Option 3 it is. FML.
It's the only option, put yourself on media lockdown.
I am not sure BT sport will allow it to be shown in our stadium (and Pool) as probably hoping that they will gain new customers taking up their sport package.
I think I read BT are showing it for free anyway so it's academic.

Just found out my son has a baseball "extravaganza" that day. I know, you lot don't give an F about baseball, but my oldest has Aspergers, and he plays on an team of kids with special needs, and this is the first time he's felt like part of a team. He absolutely loves it. His brother and cousins all play multiple sports and he feels left out. This is the only sport he can really play (might try golf when he's a bit older) so this is kind of a big deal for him.

Of course the league has scheduled their day to host the similar teams in the area all at one complex for 2-3 games on......JUNE EFFING 1ST.

3PM local time for the Final. No way we'll be done with baseball. I can either 1) watch on my phone while i'm there and piss off my wife, 2) stay home to watch with my other son (huge Spurs fan like me), REALLY piss off my wife AND terribly disappoint my son, or 3) I can shut my phone off, and DVR it.

Option 3 it is. FML.
Option 4. Sell your wife n kids

My OH was telling me I had to drive to Madrid pick her up at half 8 and miss the first half of the final then watch it at home ! I told her I'm going out and she'll have to get a cab she said that will cost €100 i said thems the breaks sweet tits and now she's frothing!

Option 3 it is. FML.
Release the constipation gas into the baseball field, game cancels, profit.

Aren’t airlines all over that these days? I didn’t think you could change flight details over or if so they charge you the difference of the ticket bought before and the price of it the day you wanna change it

Otherwise we’d all be flights futures traders on euro football nights

I've checked and the details can be changed, no idea what the costs are yet, was more interested in if anyone wanted them first. If it had been Barcelona going through i'd have gone myself but no chance i'm going out there with that lot, you guys are bad enough...................:sonlol:

Option 3 it is. FML.
DVR - you should easily be able to avoid the result over there.

My OH was telling me I had to drive to Madrid pick her up at half 8 and miss the first half of the final then watch it at home ! I told her I'm going out and she'll have to get a cab she said that will cost €100 i said thems the breaks sweet tits and now she's frothing!
That's fantastic. I have to buy my other half pressies, and be all sweet and nice to get her frothing.

If your a ST holder I reckon about 180 and your be alright

It will all depend on how many tickets the club give to corporates, and how deep are your pockets - given about a quarter of the tickets are £385+

My analysis was that 200+ should definitely guarantee you a ticket, but depending on how many Spurs give to corporates and depending how much you can afford, about 185pts is probably good enough.

Option 3 it is. FML.
Naaaah. It HAS TO BE option 2, for the sake of your other son, or he'll think you don't love him. Wife can go to the baseball ffs.

Hope you're on Crib Goch when we score. Video the descent for us?

:harrylol:

If I was on Crib Goch then, I'd fucking fall off and die.

Fuck crib goch, I'm not an idiot. Going up the Pyg track, and down the Miners. Having thought about it though, we're going up early morning though, so should be hopefully back at our weekend cottage.

Holy fucking shit, might watch the game from the hot tub whilst chugging back the prosecco! That would be nice...

No not a tout and bought them before we even drew you as hoped we'd get there and not have to pay extortionate prices to fly out with his son, who now doesn't want to be in Madrid with thousands of fucking scouse pricks....
...and on the dippers forum I suppose he doesn't want to be surrounded by thousands of southern buffties.

I have a ferry booked and plan to drive down on Friday and Sat AM. I think it can be done comfortably with an overnight and two drivers. However, I have 165 points, and am v worried that wont be enough !

I am not sure on the 165 points, there was around 6066 people in the 150-199 points bracket at end of April.

All the brackets above that add up to around 12,000 so from the 16613 allocation the balance of 4000 across corporate etc - don’t know. I think you might be lucky, from those above you maybe 70/80 percent buy tickets ?

Driving down is an interesting one. I was looking to fly to Valencia but even that is ridiculous price wise, there is going to be two of us travelling so driving might be an idea, especially as we can leave on Friday like your plan. Good luck with it all mate.

Back
Top Bottom