Where are you watching the final?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well I have decided that if I win the euro millions I will hire a box at the stadium with a free bar and a private jet from London to Madrid for everyone who likes this post! :dude:
Your all very welcome by the way!

On the whole 'Dad thing' little anecdote, but long story short, I text my mum after the game to say that dad must be happy (mum has the mobile phone as my dad's sight is going really quickly and he can't really read anything anymore...:walkercry:).

A short while later, my mum called to give me a massive bollocking. Apparently my dad had gone to bed around half time, as he just couldn't bear to watch (getting old, heart getting worse etc so it was prob for the best). Anyway, my mum had read the text message in bed out loud to him, and he had "moved quicker than the fucker had moved in 30 years!!!" He literally leapt out of bed, sending my mum flying, and all I could hear on the phone in the background was my dad screaming for joy. My mum said he won't get a wink of sleep, will be knackered, and as a result, she won't sleep either. Called me a twat for disturbing him like that! :dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol:.

Sorry, the above is really badly written, but got a great big smile on my face just thinking about it.

My dad just surprised us with tickets to the final, got them from the club. Just posting to give a shoutout to the most selfless hardworking man I know - He is insisting he misses the game so me and my brother can go together instead. If you are reading this - I love you even though you bug me at times!!! We’re off to Madrid on Tuesday! #COYS

I looked into tickets, flights etc from Ireland.
5,500 euro each.
So I'll be watching it at home.
My best mate is a Dipper and he suggested watching it at the pub.
Fuck that, if we lose I'll probably chin the cunt.

Anyone seen any pics of the pitch screens yet? Must have been installed by now. The examples people showed of Real Madrid's they looked pretty tiny. How GIANT are we talking?
Coincidentally, my mate's installing them (hiding the wiring) and just sent me a pic. He says they're not bad and the first one went in quite easily. Levy's chuffed to bits, apparently.

otEqRGa.jpg

I would have been watching the game with my Dad, but he passed away in January. He was a big fan of Dundee FC - always ready to tell the story of his trip to an away game in Cologne when Dundee reached the European Cup Semis in the 60s, they lost in the semi to AC Milan - he always liked Spurs after Alan Gilzean went there from Dundee and I will of course think about him on the night. He had a massive stroke about a year ago and eventually passed away in January after a long struggle with it.
My Mum was ill also recently and had to go into a nursing home not long after he passed away - they were in rooms on the opposite side of a hospital ward when he died, so, although it's not going to wipe out the last few months, Spurs winning the CL would definitely cheer me up after all that has gone on recently.

Regardless of what happens next week, we are a beautiful, beautiful football club down to the very last one of us.

Go and win in next week boys. Win it for Nicholson, Tull, Blanchflower and Ardiles. Win it for Hoddle, Greavsie and Villa. Win it for Bobby Buckle, win it for us and most importantly win it for yourselves!

We fucking love you, you’ve given us an experience we never thought possible, it’s a fairytale but the job isn’t done. One weeks time it’s time for blood and thunder, for immortality, time for the shirt, the cockerel, next week is the making of 137 years. Win it and become what you’ve lived your whole lives trying to become. Next week is legacy, it’s folklore and you’re going to win it, murder them and become one of the most iconic sporting stories ever. Each one of you deserve it so with a crowing pride wipe the floor with them.

As Blanchflower said, the game really is about glory. Time to be glorious, to not be afraid, to stare the world in the eye and say this is who the fuck I am. We all believe and we are all so proud of you so now, go and do it!!

COYS :tobyarm::tobyarm::tobyarm:

Anyone contemplating whether to watch this with their old man, or not, do it. (Or any Spurs supporting family member for that matter)

31st May will mark 7 years since my dad died, and he’d have killed to have seen us in Champion’s League Final, and he’d have killed me if I stood him up.

Last edited:
Hi guys, is there anyone that could help me out that has an account with enough loyalty points for the final that isn't going. I can pay to use the account. Obviously it would be amazing to get a ticket.
Cheers, Blair. COYS
I absolutely can't see why any anyone with a spare wouldn't help you, I mean you've been a member for twelve minutes now, you've done your time.

(I appreciate I'm only a bleedin' newbie to this board meself but I'm not joining a board and asking for cup final tickets within minutes of joining). ;)

Bit of a long shot but does anyone have a spare for the stadium as my brother is looking for 2 he has a membership but his mate doesnt. Probably a waste of time but worth a try.
Sell it to you for £3,000. I’ve booked a hotel in Enfield too, which I’ll sell for £1,000.

I’ve got a hen do to go to in Madrid, so cant go. You won’t find it cheaper anywhere else, m8. Inbox me.

:troll:

Hi guys, is there anyone that could help me out that has an account with enough loyalty points for the final that isn't going. I can pay to use the account. Obviously it would be amazing to get a ticket.
Cheers, Blair. COYS

I’d put money on them having something.

I was thinking this morning, will folk still sing? 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think the atmosphere at white heart lane will be better than Madrid! How silly do all those who sent £1000’s getting to Madrid feel now??
As I’m in a generous mood happy to swap my ticket for the NWHL for one in Madrid :levyeyes:

BBQ at my Dad’s. Sister and a few other close friends who are spurs.

Been something pretty special about watching CL away games in that house the last few months after my mum died. Just feels like something is pushing Spurs along.

Destiny ....... call it what you want. Who knows?

Hoping that 1 more game will be ours to remember her.

Back
Top Bottom