Now is not the time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But's that what you suggested though is it...you were asking for supporters to apply pressure to the club to get trophies...I'm asking how you're supposed to do that without looking like a cunt...

In the same way it is displayed when we play unattractive football it’s made known to the club that it’s unacceptable. AVB has one of the best win ratios as a Tottenham manager and yet the supporter base riled against it across a range of mediums ( and Levy even acknowledged this in his end of season notes at this time).

Tell why is the supporter unwilling to accept unattractive football and make it know but comfortable with the club entering its longest silverware drought since the ‘30s?

But's that what you suggested though is it...you were asking for supporters to apply pressure to the club to get trophies...I'm asking how you're supposed to do that without looking like a cunt...

He asked me what I’m expecting next season and I said silverware because with the team we have we should be expecting that.

As I said before there is no hiding place left for Pochettino - the stadium excuses is gone, the spend excuse is no longer there. If he fails again next season I suspect manager more are going to start to wake up to this.

Hood, re this post.

Would you have taken a LC or FA cup trophy over what we have achieved since Poch arrived? Im not being a smartass mate, I simply want to know.

As your your second paragraph, sorry it makes no sense. " Poch has nowhere to hide" ?

He was hunted by some of the biggest clubs in the world, was he not ? How is Poch ( as you later refer to ), related to the stadia project? Yet is was Poch that with a limited or no budget got this squad to a CL final, succeeded against great odds to secure again a top 4 finish, and has proven time and again that he gets it right more often than not.

I want silverware. I want trophies, we all do.

The Manager has delivered more than the occasional trophy. His decisions have led to where we are as at today, being able to sign quality talent, as a result of a combination of Poch's man management / and the clubs investment in facilities and a top level stadium.

Its a new era. It's been long coming. Yes, its been frustrating playing away from home, not signing players for 2 windows, not having the depth to go that extra mile when injuries hit, however, if anything since the CL final, Spurs are now perceived, as a major force.

Im sure you are a Spurs tragic, as we all are. Enjoy this period of growth and I am confident silverware will be delivered.

These are the facts - we have had one of the best teams in the league over the last five seasons and yet we are only the club in the top 6 on that time to have not won anything despite have the second highest cumulative points total in that period. When inferior sides have won multiple trophies and we have not questions should be asked.

As for Pochettino being hunted by the top clubs - which one? Where the official moves? And if you are taking about the likes of United and Madrid when given their standard of their managerial appointments in recent seasons that is hardly and accolade.

And can we please stop with this little Tottenham battling against the odds narrative please. We deserve to be in this position because of the players we have - many of which where here before Pochettino. We are largely in our current position due to the board and it’s strategy. As with Redknapp Pochettino is being massively overstated in truth he is the actual week link in the chain.

Why is the Hoods opinion so I'm palatable for some of you guys ?

I don't share his opinion at all but I can see how such opinions can be formed , as far as I can tell he's not abusive or particularly condescending.

I don't share his opinion at all but I can see how such opinions can be formed , as far as I can tell he's not abusive or particularly condescending.

I find some of his views a bit condescending and probably concern myself too much with the notion that Pochettino has 'nowhere to hide' as it's just hyperbolic. That doesn't mean he should be shut down, I'm open to debate even if I can't see myself agreeing any time soon.

Any club with more than 3 fans is going to have varying opinions, even if they're terribly misinformed and deeply misguided.

There, I can be magnanimous...

:llorishowudoin:

These are the facts - we have had one of the best teams in the league over the last five seasons and yet we are only the club in the top 6 on that time to have not won anything despite have the second highest cumulative points total in that period. When inferior sides have won multiple trophies and we have not questions should be asked.

As for Pochettino being hunted by the top clubs - which one? Where the official moves? And if you are taking about the likes of United and Madrid when given their standard of their managerial appointments in recent seasons that is hardly and accolade.

And can we please stop with this little Tottenham battling against the odds narrative please. We deserve to be in this position because of the players we have - many of which where here before Pochettino. We are largely in our current position due to the board and it’s strategy. As with Redknapp Pochettino is being massively overstated in truth he is the actual week link in the chain.

Thanks for the reply, and I will not be able to provide links tonight so bare with me.

Paragraph 1.. Correct we have not delivered silverware in the period that Poch has been with us, however he himself has made it clear the League and FA Cups are not his priority. He has made this known publicly. Not that he disgards them , but rather his focus on on the PL title or the CL. Thus, his rotation/ selection of players etc in such efforts.

As it relates to Poch being hunted by bigger clubs, again I can only refer to his own comments. If I recall correctly, he did dismiss RM, saying words the effect that " whilst its an honour, he has unfinished business having signed a new contract".

The battling the odds narrative is a result of not having a home ground for 2 seasons, having a massive injury toll season past, building a state of the art stadia, not having invested in the player market for depth for 2 windows, and so on. Now, the spending issue isn't on Poch. Is it ? Having said that, as it stands today, it appears for the first time in many years, we are attracting first choice options and building nicely.

Poch being a weak link? Sorry cant agree.

#COYS

In the same way it is displayed when we play unattractive football it’s made known to the club that it’s unacceptable. AVB has one of the best win ratios as a Tottenham manager and yet the supporter base riled against it across a range of mediums ( and Levy even acknowledged this in his end of season notes at this time).

Tell why is the supporter unwilling to accept unattractive football and make it know but comfortable with the club entering its longest silverware drought since the ‘30s?
I think the 6-0 and 5-0 hammerings had more to do with it...

It’s crossed my mind but more of the Champions League and the falsehoods around it. The level of delusion that tournament elicits across supporter bases ( not just ours)

Honestly, you should, it will spark debate.

What falsehoods do you think the Champions League elicits?

Nothing wrong with it....but when it's beaten over your head for the nth time it can get a tad wearying...

Nothing wrong with it....but when it's beaten over your head for the nth time it can get a tad wearying...

THIS... Plus, his refusal to enjoy/praise the upside to the Poch era..... Even the undeniable positives are framed (and only ackowledged when it suits him) in a way as to underline his negative viewpoint.

I take you also complain about the endless accolades levelled at Pochettino as well then? Im a drop in the ocean compared to that - you must take huge issue with that level of repetition.

THIS... Plus, his refusal to enjoy/praise the upside to the Poch era..... Even the undeniable positives are framed (and only ackowledged when it suits him) in a way as to underline his negative viewpoint.
Yeah, within minutes of us breaking our transfer record, he was using it to put pressure on Pochettino...wasn't the first thing I thought about, I know that much...

I take you also complain about the endless accolades levelled at Pochettino as well then? Im a drop in the ocean compared to that - you must take huge issue with that level of repetition.
Yeah, I fucking hate reading about how people like our manager...makes me wish we had Neil Warnock instead...

Back
Top Bottom