January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think that its fair to judge Negredo on his performances with Spain. He doesn't fit the type of system they play in anyway. He's a big guy and a great finisher. One thing that can be said about him is that he's great in the air and he works really hard to get on the end of every ball that comes his way. He would be the type of play to nod home all of Bale and Lennon's great crosses. Sure he isn't the quickest, but I do not think that that is such a big deal. Ade isn't the fastest player either, and Negredo's movement is great and makes up for his lack of speed somewhat.

I don't think that its fair to judge Negredo on his performances with Spain. He doesn't fit the type of system they play in anyway. He's a big guy and a great finisher. One thing that can be said about him is that he's great in the air and he works really hard to get on the end of every ball that comes his way. He would be the type of play to nod home all of Bale and Lennon's great crosses. Sure he isn't the quickest, but I do not think that that is such a big deal. Ade isn't the fastest player either, and Negredo's movement is great and makes up for his lack of speed somewhat.

You realise you just described Andy Carroll don't you.

I'm not disputing Negredo is an excellent finisher, and if we can get him cheap we should go for him. He's just a bit too similar to Adebayor IMO (and I really want Damiao after all this talk)

CaptainKirkChair-thumb-450x298.png

This is all getting very Star Trek isn't it.

You realise you just described Andy Carroll don't you.
Have you ever watched him play? He's pretty good with the ball dribbling wise and a solid passer, nothing like Andy Carroll. I would actually say he's closer to Damiao then Adebayor also.

Have you ever watched him play? He's pretty good with the ball dribbling wise and a solid passer, nothing like Andy Carroll. I would actually say he's closer to Damiao then Adebayor also.

Only once or twice, but your description before was basically a target man akin to Carroll, Heskey, etc.

I don't like the idea of spending huge money on players unproven in big leagues, i.e. 25 million for Moutinho and 20 million for Damiao. At least someone like Sessegnon is a guaranteed EPL-quality player

Back
Top Bottom