Have we signed Paulo Dybala yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair, Lukaku has 28 goals in 66 games with a very disjointed ManUre. His stats with a better team (Belgium are even better).

If Dybala chooses a Europa level team with a transient manager who won't progress his career then I think perhaps we dodged a bullet.

Unless he signs for us then I'll change my tune quick as you like. :D

I still have a sneaky feeling that Juve will come in for eriksen, with out offering Dybala in return, and Levy will go for it.

Right at the death as well when the Dybala Lukaku swap is already done.

Last edited:
Worst part about it is I feel we are genuinely interested and that he would want to come here - we just are nowhere near proactive enough and like to wait around for shit to happen for some reason

No one of note other than Man United seems interested in Dybala, not City, Barca, Real, PSG, and even United are not interested enough to put in a cash bid, they're just getting rid of a player they no longer want. A pair of busted flushes are being exchanged. Dybala will compete to be United's main striker there. He'd have to compete most directly with Kane here, a battle he'd lose.

A few months of watching Dybala struggle at United and you'll realise it was a bullet dodged. Juventus are getting the best out of this deal. Lukaku is a long way from perfect, but, fit and on form, he's a better no. 9 than Dybala.

Sad to say, but even though United are an absolute shower of **** with a manager who is absolutely nailed on to be sacked before the end of the season, I can still see them pulling this one off.

They may be a shadow of their former selves, but they have more money than god to throw at it. It's as simple as that. And, even though they have averaged 6th in the league since Fergie (finally) left, they have won and FA Cup and a Europa League in that period, whilst we've "come close"
Those might not be big cups, but it just about keeps them relevant.

My general hope is that they blow £80m on Mcquire and another £80m on Dybala, and maybe another £80m on some middle of the road player and all of them turn out to be duds and united finish 7th
The more money they throw away without success the better. Eventually the cash will dry up. Sponsors aren't going to pay hundreds of millions for a team out of Europe and playing dismal football.
All the African and Asian fans on facebook will change teams.

It'll be GLORIOUS.

I'd want double that to leave Turin for Manchester, especially if it's United.
I don't know how Manchester is, but Turin is definetely the ugliest city I've ever seen in my life, and I'm a well-traveled person. He'd be mental to swap Juve and Ronaldo for United and Lingard though...

Back
Top Bottom