Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From their perspective.

In the summer it looked like they where getting billionaire Middle Eastern owners backing Rafa, instead they have Bruce with little money.

Picture our fan base going from thinking we will have billions to spend with Poch to having Poch leave and be replaced with Allardyce without money.

But yes the mentality will hurt them, sometimes when you are on the up the momentum carries you and likewise when you are on the way down.

Does that count for the players too?

My friend wine is my wonderful hobby and there are merlots and there are merlots. I like a nice Shiraz and I agree about Sauvignon but not a Zinfandel lover.
My ultimate passion is vintage claret and vintage port. Give me a decanted bottle of Dows 20 year old vintage port and a stinky stilton with some Carr's water biscuits and I'm a very happy soldier.
We certainly should be friends. I'm a collector. Some time this season we should meet up. I'd love to show you my cellar. No double entendre meant. I've got some '85 Quinta do Noval to die for. Especially with a really gooey Epoisse.

Give or take Jan; what ya thinking?
I'm a Jan Fan. I'm still a little worried still about KWP and Sanchez. Hopefully they will develop over the season. I was impressed by Baldock this weekend. If we're still problematic at the back at xmas, he might be worth a look.

From their perspective.

In the summer it looked like they where getting billionaire Middle Eastern owners backing Rafa, instead they have Bruce with little money.

Picture our fan base going from thinking we will have billions to spend with Poch to having Poch leave and be replaced with Allardyce without money.

But yes the mentality will hurt them, sometimes when you are on the up the momentum carries you and likewise when you are on the way down.
I'm afraid they're a real candidate for relegation this season.

I'm a Jan Fan. I'm still a little worried still about KWP and Sanchez. Hopefully they will develop over the season. I was impressed by Baldock this weekend. If we're still problematic at the back at xmas, he might be worth a look.

I'm a huge Jan fan too.... Obv something preventing his selection tho'.

The others are as good as it gets for the foreseeable. Unless Poch decides to put Jan back in, I simply posted what's essentially our current back four.

I don't have any insight on Baldock as a player, but suffice to say it's unlikley any PL teams will be selling their first choice CB off mid-season. I think Sanchez will prove his doubters wrong over time; however, one would hope that, with Jan & Toby's contracts being what they are, we have a serious list of CBs to shoot for over the next year or 2.....

:dier:
We certainly should be friends. I'm a collector. Some time this season we should meet up. I'd love to show you my cellar. No double entendre meant. I've got some '85 Quinta do Noval to die for. Especially with a really gooey Epoisse.

Beautiful, I once celebrated a birthday party of mine in Coventry many (oh ok then..many,many) years ago and we opened a couple of bottles. The wine waiter asked when I was born and when I replied 1955 he offered me a bottle of '55 Quinta do Noval at a reduced "birthday" price of £150.00.
Today's going rate must be at least double that. :thumbup:

Please no fucking red cards. With that ref appointment I would seriously put lamela on the bench.

He’s a master at shit hosiery and never seems to get caught, but if there is a fixture where his luck will run out, it will be this one.
I thought you were talking about Mike Dean for a moment

Last edited:
:dier:

Beautiful, I once celebrated a birthday party of mine in Coventry many (oh ok then..many,many) years ago and we opened a couple of bottles. The wine waiter asked when I was born and when I replied 1955 he offered me a bottle of '55 Quinta do Noval at a reduced "birthday" price of £150.00.
Today's going rate must be at least double that. :thumbup:
When did this fuckin thread turn into Floyd on Wine?? :pochfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom