Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You are quite correct, sir.

I forgot Sonny was back. Thought he had one more.

Sonny for Lamela. Chris still sits though until we know for sure he's staying.

Its the perfect game to get Lo Celso dipped into the Prem. Big game away to the goons the week after and with Eriksen up in the air the sooner we can grove Gio 60 minutes the better.

Lloris
Walker-Peters
Alderweireld
Sanchez
Rose
Sissoko
Ndombele
Lamela
Lo Celso
Lucas
Kane

A bench with Vertonghen, Winks, Eriksen, Sonny is prime to fix anything at may go wrong withnthat starting XI. I'd go got Sissoko over Winks purely because he used to play for them, nothing to do with Winksy.

surprised that there are so many wine fans.. and not beer fans.. as this place can be so bitter.

ok sorry.

Kane Brace 2-0, okayish performance.. nothing major. Take the game to Woolwich next time and humiliate them at their place

There's probably a Mike Dean "You know what you are" chant floating around in the ether, waiting to be sung on Sunday.

Done it:
You know what you are,*
You know what you are,
You know what you are,
But we've got V. A. R.
You know what you are.
WE'VE GOT V. A. R.

*There is also the option to add a suitable obscenity at the end of each line. My own personal preference is for the C word.

...to the tune of Land of Hope & Glory.

Edited to add the 2 last lines :)

Think I may have a better chant for Mr. Dean. Better, because it's a bit more 'London'.

To the tune of 'Knees Up Mother Brown', and sung with fingers pointing at the offender, every time he comes close:

You know what you are,*
You know what you are,*
You know, you know,
You know, you know,
You know what you are.*

*There is the option to add a suitable obscenity at the end, or after each asterisk. My own personal preference is for the C word.

I like the idea of wing backs, but not sure who drops out up front and in midfield.

Well it puts Kane, Son and Moura up top. Fuck knows about the midfield 4.

Or play 4-2-3-1.

Kane up Top.
Drop Lo Celso into the 3 with son and moura either side and then choose from Winks Sissoko Eriksen and Ndombele for the holding midfield two.
Can always take off Lo Celso and move Eriksen further forward later in the game.

Lloris
KWP——TA——-Sanchez—-Rose

Sissoko——Skipp——Ndombele

Lamela———-Kane———Son

I want to see Skipp (instead of Winks) and Son involved please.

Eriksen dropped based on poor half hearted perfomaces.

Newcastle have been absolutely pathetic so far and Steve Bruce isn’t exactly what I would call inspiring so I imagine we will get the 3.
Newcastle are basically a mid-table Champo team fighting for a playoff spot in terms of quality. We should absolutely hammer them. I just want to see us be ruthless.

Back
Top Bottom