Tottenham v Newcastle (Sunday 25 August 16.30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can’t believe our fans still underrate our players “he’s fast so he’s good if he got space to run into”.
They can dribble with the ball so they can take on players, that creates space if a dribble is successful in a dangerous area because other opposition player will have to leave his position to cover the area and so on.

Muh speed ain’t all about space behind. Look at Liverpool’s front 3.

Ah right. Sorry, I thought the general consensus on here was that "We CaNnOt PlAy AgAiNsT tEaMs WhO dEfEnD" - I mean I see it in every single OMT when we come across teams who sit back. I guess all we needed to do was play Lucas and Son. If only we had a decent manager?

It isn't all about space in behind. But when Lucas has pretty much shown us that he's absolutely useless against teams that defend and Son is only good for long distance shots in the exact same circumstance, you can compare us to Liverpool all you want. Mane and Salah are streets ahead of Lucas and have much better close control in tight spaces than Son.

Liverpool also have a completely different coaching system and style of play to us for a start.

There's probably a reason Poch hasn't gone for it often, if at all.

Side surely picks itself with a few assumptions :

- Lo Celso not fit enough to start
- Jan still out of favour so on bench
- Its either Son or Lucas with probing from Eriksen and Lamela to find the way through massed ranks of Newcastle
- No change in the injured 3 - Foyth, Sessegnon and Dele atm, otherwise Dele might start in place of Lamela as he's good at getting behind defences late with a goal or assist.
- Wanyama and Aurier contemplating possible exits so not in squad
- Dier draws short straw and is 19th man.
- Too early in season to have youth on bench other than Skipp

Lloris
KWP, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Rose
Winks, Ndombele
Son, Lamela, Eriksen
Kane​

Subs : Gazzaniga, Davies Vertonghen, Skipp, Sissoko, Lo Celso Lucas

Assume - Foyth, Sessegnon, Dele still injured

Potential Transfers so excluded - Wanyama, Aurier

19th man - Dier

Not really. Try tasting them one by one.
wine is such a personal thing and merlot is just a type of grape. Chilean merlot tastes nothing like French , Australian or American Merlot for a host of reasons, but soil and climate apparently are the main ones. Condemning a grape for its ubiquity seems odd to me. Particularly when you are lauding Chav Sav.
:):):)

3-2-3-2 lol

Lloris

Alderweireld Sanchez Vertonghen

Winks Dombele

Lamela —------------------— Eriksen
Celso

Kane Dele
Gazzaniga, Rose, Aurier, Dier, Sissoko, Son, Moura

I mean it looks dodgy but then, if they're doing a pulis, why not?

I actually quite like that setup, but I'd play Lo Celso and Ndombele instead of those two guys you've put in that I've never heard of! :eriksenlol:

Just go with Sissoko-Winks midfield 2 then please.

Lloris
KWP - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Rose
Sissoko - Winks
Lucas - Lamela - Eriksen
Kane​

FFS. Why does Poch run these players into the ground ?

Its one of the downsides - Poch trains them very hard so they should be fit all season (in theory)

However all new players to Poch methods are going to find it tough. Worrying that N'dombele is already feeling that its to much which means N'dombele needs longer to get up to Poch's desired level of training.

Hope Poch realises that when Lo Celso and Sessegnon are in full training.......

Ah right. Sorry, I thought the general consensus on here was that "We CaNnOt PlAy AgAiNsT tEaMs WhO dEfEnD" - I mean I see it in every single OMT when we come across teams who sit back. I guess all we needed to do was play Lucas and Son. If only we had a decent manager?

It isn't all about space in behind. But when Lucas has pretty much shown us that he's absolutely useless against teams that defend and Son is only good for long distance shots in the exact same circumstance, you can compare us to Liverpool all you want. Mane and Salah are streets ahead of Lucas and have much better close control in tight spaces than Son.

Liverpool also have a completely different coaching system and style of play to us for a start.

There's probably a reason Poch hasn't gone for it often, if at all.
I agree with a lot of this but harsh on Son there, he has a dribble / control when he is on form at least comparable to Sane and close to Salah. Obviously this is when he is on form which is the question.

Ndombele being out is not a big deal, though I didn't really want Sissoko to start this game he will probably have to now. I think Rose has been awful in the first two games and if Davies is ready he should come in, Eriksen also needs to ride the bench until the window is closed.

Lloris
KWP Toby Sanchez Davies
Winks Sissoko
Lucas Lamela Son
Kane

Lo Celso and Skipp can hopefully play 20-30 minutes if we've wrapped up the game.

Back
Top Bottom