Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

firstteam_lucasmoura_newcontract_1.jpg
I didn't mean it in a sarcastic way, was genuinely asking when we last signed a player in January lol.

Choosing Dele who just got back from an injury over Lucas sums it up. Poch clearly has his favorites

Poch needs to get that out of his head . Lucas can be a huge impact player , Dele , before injury was poor . Lucas’s pace when breaking is vital at the end of a game

Xhaka got first yellow in 90th minute. Remember the tackle for pen? Or the one on Sissoko? Or the one on Lo Celso immidiatelly after that. Absolute cunt Atkinson.

As hard a watch as that was, and as shambolic as it was, the lads showed some guts and turned up so cant fault that. But we need to be and can be so much better

Lucas had to come on and Sanchez needed to be subbed or shifted to cb.

No. But the outcome is the same. 1 point away at a top 6 rival.
As I keep saying, far too much negativity. Take some joy from wherever you can.

Please come and join us in the REAL world. They are not a top sixth rival because we are currently 9th. I swore I wouldn't do this so I'm signing off . If you seriously think Poch made the right tactical decisions today then I despair. Maybe a Guinness or two will calm me down.
You keep trying to take positives mate....I'll take reality every time.
Night all :thumbup:

Woolwich are two decent defenders away from a title challenging team, we may not like to hear it or even think it, but it’s not far off the truth!

3rd is a given for them this season and we need to hope Ollie stays at the wheel up in Manc land, and Frank Lampards Chelsea don’t click......
Lol wtf. 3rd a given for Woolwich.

"We're not going to get anything there"

"We're going to get spanked, we're an embarassment"

We get a hard fought point away against a decent team who improved considerably in the second half

"Pochettino has lost the plot, he can go"

"We're an embarassment"

:pochfacepalm:

Thought you'd gone to the pub? That's where I'm going now. Couple of pints of Guinness to take the bad taste out of my mouth
I was really slagged off by a load of people on the forum when I appeared to be a melter after the Newcastle game when I had the temerity to criticise Poch. I feel vindicated by the clusterfuck today. We should have taken 3 points. Poch's refusal to see what is actually happening on the field and his little boy stubbornness in refusing to accept he might have made a mistake is the only reason we didn't win. Sanchez and Rose should have been subbed at halftime. Davies and Aurier brought on. No. Not doing that. Then he takes off Son who is playing really well and looks like the only player likely to score. Criminal...
I'm afraid that if he doesn't learn from these 1st 4 games, we are not going to be within sniffing distance of the top 6 let alone the top 4.

In the taxi, on my mobile.....just arriving. 😎. that will take more than a couple of pints my friend.

Woolwich might be 2 decent defenders away from something, but you have to remember all we need is a right back and Ndombele back, and we will be a completely different animal too ...
We need a proper DM, it's the most critical position in the game and our best bet is a kid. Hopefully Sessegnon turns out to be a good winger because we could use more width too

Whoever was complicit in selling Trippier without a replacement is guilty for the current situation

If Walker started ahead of Sanchez today we would 100% have won the game.
NO BECAUSE LEVY DIDNT MAKE POCH PLAY A BACK 4.

What the fuck are you talking about? It’s pretty fucking clear that Poch did not want Trippier or Rose. How the fuck is that Levy’s fault.

I don’t think we bottled this match by any stretch. This is just what happens when you look at Winks and Sissoko and think “Yep, that’s my midfield” and look at Sanchez and say “Let’s play the guy struggling with CB positioning at RB!”

Seriously a draw here is great. If we’d have beaten Newcastle no one would have complained.
In some ways I agree but with a couple of intelligent substitutions, these glitches could have been rectified.

2-2 before kick off would have been a good result, but after going 2-0 up it’s a little disappointing. Still a good result though, we were holding on a bit. Think if we didn’t concede before half time we’d have gone on to win it.

I thought everyone played well today, no real passengers. But why in 2 big matches vs Woolwich and Liverpool does the chance to win it in the last minute have to fall to Sissoko?!

Back
Top Bottom