Olympiacos vs Tottenham Hotspur (18th September @ 17:55)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is absolutely incredible when we don’t win a game how hard the media go in. ‘Have Tottenham plateaued’ ‘does Kane/poch need to move on to win trophies’ etc I swear no other team gets this kinda scrutiny. So odd.

It is absolutely incredible when we don’t win a game how hard the media go in. ‘Have Tottenham plateaued’ ‘does Kane/poch need to move on to win trophies’ etc I swear no other team gets this kinda scrutiny. So odd.
True, but sadly we do look like we've hit our summit and started back downhill.

The football for the most part is barely recognisable to where we were 2 years ago with a manager who seems enthralled by trying something new in every game.

Poch needs to get things sorted, pronto.

Only managed to watch the 2nd half, but thought it was pretty much 'same old spurs'. We lack any threat from wide positions and have nobody in the squad who can cross the ball. We do well against teams who attack and leave gaps at the back, but when a team sits back and has an organised defense we are poor.

How many times did I see our players walking with the ball, taking 5 or 6 touches!! We move the ball so slowly and allow the other team to regain their shape.

Each of the long balls we played was way over hit.
Well there are people at the club who are paid a lot to prevent these things from occurring it seems that it's not happening

Most teams gets this treatment, Goons and Chelsea have certainly had it, I even heard somebody on the radio saying that Peps body language wasn't right after the Norwich game, trying to make it into a story that he's had enough there. The only team that seems to get away with it are Liverpool, and that's because they have so many ex players as pundits and they jump all over anybody criticising them.

After Palace the Guardian podcast focused it's short bit on us on "How good is Son Heung-min?". After a couple of comments from the pod members that indeed, Sonny is very good, the section concluded by asking whether that meant he should leave for another club (you won't be surprised to learn they all agreed he should). My polite comment below the line complaining about this was swiftly deleted.

As you say, no other club gets this. Not those above us or, perhaps more tellingly, those in the chasing pack. You don't hear discussion as to whether say Maddison or Rice should look beyond Leicester and West Ham.

Zidane is under fire here, before long Marca will run a poll on who fans want to succeed him. Pochettino's name will be in the frame but I guarantee that Klopp will be favoured by many more. Guess who David Hytner will be bigging up for the job?

Only because of greed Eriksen is still there. Sanchez is not a right back, selling Tripps without having a replacement is biting us back in the arse. Dele is a total waste of space Davies is another clogger. Their is more going on at the club that we know about. By the end of the season MP will go to Madrid. I've said for years that pounds not points Levy will ruin the club. Football is a passion and he has none.

After Palace the Guardian podcast focused it's short bit on us on "How good is Son Heung-min?". After a couple of comments from the pod members that indeed, Sonny is very good, the section concluded by asking whether that meant he should leave for another club (you won't be surprised to learn they all agreed he should). My polite comment below the line complaining about this was swiftly deleted.

As you say, no other club gets this. Not those above us or, perhaps more tellingly, those in the chasing pack. You don't hear discussion as to whether say Maddison or Rice should look beyond Leicester and West Ham.

Zidane is under fire here, before long Marca will run a poll on who fans want to succeed him. Pochettino's name will be in the frame but I guarantee that Klopp will be favoured by many more. Guess who David Hytner will be bigging up for the job?
Last year I said on here winning trophies was more important than earning money. People disagreed, said money made you a big club.

The simple fact is, you can earn all the money in the world and become the richest team in the World, that means jack shit, people remember the most successful. They are the great teams.

Poch's star shone bright, but for the first time it is coming under a big of questioning. Madrid will go after Klopp, he sadly has proven himself. Poch is a bit like Paul McStay of Celtic fame. Even after being a professional player for 15 years he was still full of "potential". Poch despite being a manager for the best part of a decade is still more about potential than success. Madrid won't tolerate that.

exp19.jpg

Most teams gets this treatment, Goons and Chelsea have certainly had it, I even heard somebody on the radio saying that Peps body language wasn't right after the Norwich game, trying to make it into a story that he's had enough there. The only team that seems to get away with it are Liverpool, and that's because they have so many ex players as pundits and they jump all over anybody criticising them.

Very fair and very true! Rio Ferdinand was talking BEFORE the game about how Kane should move on... lee Sharpe on talksport this morning said ‘united should of bought Kane in the summer , 200 Million’

The sheer fucking arrogance as if Kane would jump at the chance to play with ole’s Merry men on Thursday nights in Baku! Fuck off.

Neil Warnock of all people defended us and said the grass isn’t always greener as he’s got chances to win things at Tottenham in fairness to Neil. I suppose Neil comes from a place of being with ‘smaller’ clubs so he had our corner.

The narrative is generally shaped to paint Liverpool and united in the most positive light, even city get criticism that Liverpool would never get,

Also there’s just no accountability on these guys when they literally make up shit. ‘I’ve got a feeling things aren’t right behind the scenes!’ This kinda thing from some nobody with no connection to the club.

I agree Woolwich get the same shit we do, maybe Chelsea to a lesser extent, it’s insane.

We can’t win though, either we’re playing well and winning in which case all our players should be in Madrid or we’re Playing poorly and it’s not good enough for Kane/poch etc and they should move on to Madrid.

Tell you what else, winning the league cup won’t change a fucking thing in the narrative.

I didn't even need to sleep on it. I was sanguine after the match

A point in our first away game in the champs league this year. One better than last year. Lets hope we go one better in the competition.
No new injury worries that I've heard of.
Almost perfect squad management from Poch. The whole squad should be fresh for Saturday as everyone except Winks followed the match plan of not putting in a shift.
Also masterful tactics from Poch to not let the fan base get carried away. Can you imagine if we'd smashed this lot 4-0. We'd all be off in "we're gonna win the world cup" territory.

Let's just hope that we play the Palace game again on Saturday.

The two main men having a go at the team for the first time ever I can remember, Poch and Kane, both fed up. Alarming! What would be consequences?!

TBH Poch has no right to have a go, he should look in the mirror and question his team selection, this was not a carabao match. This what you expect playing away in a CL match, no mugs.
How many players did Pep rest last night!

I hate to say this but is Kane immune to being subbed off?
Yes, while being under pressure playing sh!te he single-handedly won the pen and scored the 1st goal which opened the path for the second, he was quiet in the second half because all energy gone in the first and no single chance created for him to score.

The two main men having a go at the team for the first time ever I can remember, Poch and Kane, both fed up. Alarming! What would be consequences?!

TBH Poch has no right to have a go, he should look in the mirror and question his team selection, this was not a carabao match. This what you expect playing away in a CL match, no mugs.
How many players did Pep rest last night!
In fairness.

We had our top choice keeper and centre backs, first choice midfielders and I'd imagine Eriksen, Kane and Dele would be in Poch's first choice 11. Moura has proven himself time and time again in the CL that just leaves our full backs and to be fair Davies has played that position many times and against top class opponents. Realistically we were one player away from a fully coherent team. The problem last night wasn't personnel. It was lack of application, lack of focus and possibly the notion that once we got 2-0 up, the job was done.

The fact our defence was so shit last season and has started this season the same way, yet Poch didn't deem it a priority to strengthen is something which baffles me considerably.

In fairness.

We had our top choice keeper and centre backs, first choice midfielders and I'd imagine Eriksen, Kane and Dele would be in Poch's first choice 11. Moura has proven himself time and time again in the CL that just leaves our full backs and to be fair Davies has played that position many times and against top class opponents. Realistically we were one player away from a fully coherent team. The problem last night wasn't personnel. It was lack of application, lack of focus and possibly the notion that once we got 2-0 up, the job was done.

The fact our defence was so shit last season and has started this season the same way, yet Poch didn't deem it a priority to strengthen is something which baffles me considerably.
OL were the better team in the first half, we were lucky to have Kane won the pen and scored then a magical moment form Maura. We were poor.
The issue is Eriksen, Dele and the RB. Eriksen is not committed on the pitch and of the pitch since last season, he lost the ball to the opposition 22 time last night, more than any player. Dele is been injured and out of form. Poch played Sanchez as RB. I would rather had KWP, Son and Skippe/Dier.
It's CL away match, play your best team. It's only 5 weeks to the season and already resting players.

Back
Top Bottom