Colchester United v Tottenham Hotspur (24-09-19) (7.45pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After just appearing in a CL final? Nope. I mean, SOME might. Woolwich certainly wouldn’t. It’s also not particularly fair to compare us to teams like City or Man U that have much higher turnover than we do.

I like that you have high expectations. But it’s also important to recognize where we are on the money side of things, since money buys the players.
It's not an excuse anymore after shattering out transfer record twice this summer.

Ya but that’s not the same as the state of the club. Squad, facilities, champions league...were miles better than 2014.
Mate I don't give a flying fuck about facilities I will never personally see and a shiny new stadium, it's about the team available and the performances that are put on for the fans who put their hands in their pockets and pay some of the highest prices in world football

On a purely performance based point are you really saying that our performances over the last year or so are not even a tiny bit comparable to the shit show under avb and Sherwood ?

Let’s be honest.. any other top 6 manager wins 4 out of 16, including 8 losses, would be sacked.
OGS is trying to match Poch at this rate.

And I just compared Poch to OGS....

giphy.gif

I think what’s so painful is that we’ve just surrendered at the first hurdle in our best chance this season of winning a trophy. We’re at that stage in our development where we *need* some silverware, need to win something. And we do this.

This shit ain't gonna fill the new palace they just built, especially not at the prices they're gonna charge. And we're miles off top 4, we'll be lucky to collect Europa League scraps the way we're playing.

It won't fill the stadium with fans, but it'll carry on filling up as the tourist attraction it seems to have been designed as and for the NFL.
We're also not miles off top 4, we're 3 points behind Leicester in 3rd so if we can find form that's completely fixable. The key is finding the form though as there's clearly something not working.
Again it all goes back to the money. If the board were serious about making a winning club they wouldn't have let us go transfer windows without any investment whilst at the same time letting players get into the last year of their contracts.

Tonight's performance was a disgrace, but it's not just down to Poch. It's whole club problem starting at the very top with Levy as well as the players and coaching staff. I'm not convinced that losing Poch at this stage will do us any good.

People defend the owners & chairman who pick this awful manager. So why not

I don’t especially like my boss nor his boss nor the organisation, but I am paid to do my job so I do it as well as I can, putting as much into it as I can so my team feel that I at least care and maybe they will do a better job for it.

I don’t down tools, moan about shit and put up with Piss poor performance, if I don’t tolerate it on my minuscule wage, why does Poch on his mega money ?

I surprises me that there's a question over this, the owners have only ever wanted a profitable business and that's been clear for years.
They don't care about trophies or being proven winners, they just want whatever brings in the most money. They're probably not bothered about this result because a mickey mouse cup run has very little financial gain and playing in one less competition makes it easier to focus on getting top 4 and CL football.
Whilst Poch is probably disappointed about the result on a personal level it may not do any damage on a professional one as I wouldn't be surprised if his only target from Levy is top 4. The fans are baying for his blood, but I reckon things are probably different behind the scenes.
Poch is becoming a laughingstock and a liability. If you don't think the past few months and especially today are going to affect him on a professional level, then we must be living in different dimensions. It's finished. He's run his course and it's time for all of us to move on. He's getting 8 mil. a year for making us a joke.

I'm not going through them (I was at a lot too) - but chelsea account for about 10 alone.
Nah..im on about being shamed properly being beaten by lower league clubs mate like this evening
as far as my coma goes even when i was in it hitler youth where alwsys in the same division when they beat us..im on about teams like port vale and grimsby and nottingham forest when they where shitter than shit and drawing with non league altringham!..

He's not an awful manager he's on a shocking run. Show him some respect
I was making fun of the levy can't do any wrong brigade who are ripping in to poch. By saying if poch is as awful as they say, then it's levy's mistake for choosing him.
If you see my other posts I am very defensive of poch & I hope he stays. He has done a great job with what he has at his disposal.

Don't worry boys and girls I am BACK AT THE LANE Saturday for first time since ironically seeing Southampton one of the last games at the old lane

Can't wait the atmosphere will be BUZZING!!!!!!!!!!

source.gif

Time to restart everything. Passengers like Wanyama, Eriksen, Dele, and Dier. Move them on. Will always be fond of Poch but his time is sadly up.

Poch out!

Levy OUT!

LEWIS OUT!!!!!
If poch goes then levy & the owners should too.

Mate I don't give a flying fuck about facilities I will never personally see and a shiny new stadium, it's about the team available and the performances that are put on for the fans who put their hands in their pockets and pay some of the highest prices in world football

On a purely performance based point are you really saying that our performances over the last year or so are not even a tiny bit comparable to the shit show under avb and Sherwood ?
No, they’re not. We were getting OBLITERATED by teams under Sherwood. 4-1, 5-0, 6-0 against any half decent team.

Since March 1-0, 3-4, 0-1, 2-2 against City; 1-1, 2-2 against Woolwich; 0-2, 1-2 against Liverpool. These are not comparable results to 2013/14. Also beat Dortmund and Ajax in that time frame.

Poch had to completely tear the club down to the studs in 2014. We have the pieces something just isn’t clicking. It’s not comparable at all.

Back
Top Bottom