Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
I do not like the idea of poch leaving at all..but something needs to be done.
You all know my feelings, I have been moaning about this for too long. For the majority of the time I have just been getting dogs abuse, but right now as much as this whole collapse make me feel sick I have to say I knew things were going to end badly......imo levy is a fucking parasite who has destroyed the unbelievable chance we have had and now wasted.
We were above liverpool and laying with fantastic style and togetherness, all it needed was to be run like anh other big club would to strengthen that position.....levy did his usual bullshit, but liverpool did the big club thing and invested properly and look out they leapfrogged us and then rubbed our fucking noses in it in madrid.. .............

Tottenham need time to rebuild squad harmony - Mauricio Pochettino - Tottenham need time to rebuild squad harmony - Mauricio Pochettino

His match analysis and interviews are now becoming tediously repetitive. If you read his comments and didn't know who we had played you'd believe it was a narrow defeat to someone like Liverpool, not Colchester.
There is an aura of negativity about his words and general demeanour and I sense he is no longer fully committed to the task that lies ahead.
I trust him to do what he thinks is the right thing for the club and if that means handing in a letter of resignation in a few weeks time then so be it. The final whistle at Anfield and a glance at the league table will be sufficient for me to make my decision about his suitability to continue as manager.

E
To ask for another two transfer windows to sort things out with the squad we already have is taking the piss. It also does nothing to motivate the current players if they feel Poch wants such a massive rebuild. Losing last night and watching his team selection (Wanyama particularly) and response to how the match was going in relation to subs was both gutting and baffling.
Exactly how is he expecting the players to perform and bail him out if he is basically saying i want to replace 80% of you in the next 2 transfer windows
Also who does he think is coming in January? Does he think the likes of dybala is going to come to a team in mid table, out the cups with a manager on the brink

Just more rubbish from him he will be gone within 3 games

we don't press high now, so what is Poches tactics ?
keep the ball by passing sidewards and backwards ?
hope someone does something on the pitch

Tottenham need time to rebuild squad harmony - Mauricio Pochettino - Tottenham need time to rebuild squad harmony - Mauricio Pochettino

His match analysis and interviews are now becoming tediously repetitive. If you read his comments and didn't know who we had played you'd believe it was a narrow defeat to someone like Liverpool, not Colchester.
There is an aura of negativity about his words and general demeanour and I sense he is no longer fully committed to the task that lies ahead.
I trust him to do what he thinks is the right thing for the club and if that means handing in a letter of resignation in a few weeks time then so be it. The final whistle at Anfield and a glance at the league table will be sufficient for me to make my decision about his suitability to continue as manager.
Well he's not wrong in some aspects and I've said it in a different thread. Players like Eriksen, Toby, Jan, Dier, Aurier all expressed they want/wanted to leave, but they continue to be part of our first team. We can't do with them, but we can't do without them either because we don't have good enough replacements. We're fucking stuck in this situation that will probably continue even if a new manager is hired. It's similar to what it was back in 2014.

Sadly I agree. This same manager who has previously dismissed the January transfer window.

I do not like the idea of poch leaving at all..but something needs to be done.
You all know my feelings, I have been moaning about this for too long. For the majority of the time I have just been getting dogs abuse, but right now as much as this whole collapse make me feel sick I have to say I knew things were going to end badly......imo levy is a fucking parasite who has destroyed the unbelievable chance we have had and now wasted.
We were above liverpool and laying with fantastic style and togetherness, all it needed was to be run like anh other big club would to strengthen that position.....levy did his usual bullshit, but liverpool did the big club thing and invested properly and look out they leapfrogged us and then rubbed our fucking noses in it in madrid.. .............

Agree about Levy. Yes the stadium and training ground are fantastic but every manager who has worked for him has had problems in trying to take Spurs up a level by spending a bit more than Levy is prepared to, and with how he conducts deals with players who want to leave and with players who want to come. It's all fucking drawn out and laboured. That's the usual pattern of negotiations with the odd exceptions. Always has been and I guess always will be. Good luck to whoever is next in line to take over the manager job

You mean like the other 8 managers employed by Levy before him?
Gotcha

AVB was a shit manager and a massive mistake that set us back 5 years. We should have stuck with Harry and that’s been Levys biggest mistake.
I’ve always said that. Redknapp didn’t lose the dressing room, he was forced out for the next level manager and people like you lauded the fuck out of it. Haha.

No one is talking about next level right now. Just someone to come in and stop the rot within the squad that Pochettino has non stop talked about for the last two months.

If you expected titles from Harry, Ramos, Jol, Santini, Pleat and Hoddle then I feel sorry for you.
Relegation battles to CL finals in 15 years and you think that every single sacking was a mistake? Oh please John.....you talk about the one constant in our lack of silverware but avoid the massive improvement which has given people like you the reason to demand titles in the first place.

One minute you’re disgusted that Levy is happy with 4th, the next you’re sucking off the manager for his disregard of the cups we can actually win, and laud losing a CL final due to his cowardly tactics.

Last edited:
Poch has more then proved himself. It's the most of the players that need changing.

Name them and their replacements then.

This is going to be so interesting.
When I said replace Eriksen everyone told me he was irreplaceable. Drop Dele “for who??!!”

So let’s go. Those of you who want to keep Poch and replace half the squad, name those you want out, and tell me who we can get in to keep us challenging top 4.

You must be taking about at least 8 players right?
Away you go.

The irony is that the media (and some ans to an extent) are obsessed with Poch WINNING something... yet when he treats a competition he actually HAS a chance of winning with such blase disdain, it irks.

Maybe HE doesn't want to win a pot

When you lose against a team of lower category (or categories) the problem is not technical but mental. Either some important player is rowing against or Pochettino himself is tired ...
sun25.jpg

The irony is that the media (and some ans to an extent) are obsessed with Poch WINNING something... yet when he treats a competition he actually HAS a chance of winning with such blase disdain, it irks.

He’s already slagged off the domestics and although he said this was different, last night was the worst

The English media (I say this as an Italian) put Tottenham on the front page only when he loses.

Can someone show where Pochettino is talking of a squad overhaul? If it's the case first of all it is abundantly clear that is what we need. I have said that along with others for a year.

Pochettino must know the lifespan in football terms of many of the players he inherited is done and also has to accept that only a Champions League win last season would have maintained belief in the philosophy.

What we do not yet know us how much Levy is part of this squad transformation or whether he is casting an expressly concerned eye.

Again it depends on the ambition for this season and thr expectation but it's hard to see how a conplete collapse in form and results will buy Pochettino as much time as he needs.

And then the other huge question is the confidence Levy and co would have that Pochettino can identify, develop and mould a new squad to beinh even better.

This squad is capable of top 4, looking like mid-table but could slip dangerously if it all goes t!ts up.

Back
Top Bottom