Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd take Chris Hughton as a caretaker while the successor is found.
At least the man has a great passion for the club. It's very possible he could help revitalize the team's spirit and belief. I don't even think he has a job right now, which is incredibly surprising to me.

I take it you were saying this when he was running midfield's v. Madrid, Dortmund and Barca.

I do remember Mason doing the exact smae thing.
Yeah mate it was all Winks

He's zbeing treated like Wilshere nowadays with that Madrid game... At least Jack had legitimate talent before turning shit at 21 after which the gooners kept talking about that one Barca game! //! -!!

Funny because Sessegnon isn't even Fulham level as a left back and was bought to play rotational at left wing. It's a fantasy that switching out our best defenders for headless chicken youth players will be some sort of genius move that solidifies us. It will only make us even worse. Foyth? Yeah if we want to give up 19 pens a season....

Andrew Robertson got relegated at Hull, a couple of seasons later people are demanding he make FIFAs team of the year ahead of Marcelo.

The new world record transfer for a CB - Maguire... you guessed it, relegation fodder as well.

Andrew Robertson got relegated at Hull, a couple of seasons later people are demanding he make FIFAs team of the year ahead of Marcelo.

The new world record transfer for a CB - Maguire... you guessed it, relegation fodder as well.
Robertson and Maguire weren't bad for their team though. Sessegnon had a horrific season and looked totally out of his depth for Fulham.

It will take many many years of coaching if he is ever going to play defence for a Pl club

Fantastic? Wow that's a low bar.

He's a totally average water carrier and today he was shocking when he played on even terms against far superior players in Kimmich and Tolisso, who are actually fantastic. Not to mention Thiago.

He is serviceable but never in a million years someone who should be the spine of a team. He's a Fletcher, a Mason, a Kuyt at best.
Calling Winks 'fantastic' is a joke.

So, Rafa can make a silk purse from a sow's ear? Like at the toon?
I think he can get the best out of the players and I don't think Poch can do that any more...so that has to be an improvement which will hopefully be reflected on the pitch. I'm not saying it has to be Rafa but a fresh face is drastically required to halt this slide until a new permanent appointment can be made.

On XG there isn't that much between the team's - the difference was partly superb finishing by Bayern plus some of the most inept defending ever seen by Mr Aurier in particular who was responsible for 3 or 4 of those goals.

The first 30 or ,40 minutes was a much more even affair and had Son taken his early chances we could have been a couple of goals up by the end of those 30 or 40 minutes.

With a slightly different starting X1 we would have got a different result.
1. Any body but Aurier at RB - someone with a bit of pride in the club and team mates. Either KWP or Sissoko and the game changes a lot
2. This was a match to play a ,3 man midfield with Dier as zDM alongside Ndombele and Winks, thus protecting our aging CBs and fullbacks. Playing a 2 man CM showed up in first Ndombele and Winks being taken off simply because of tiredness, yet Ndombele was one of our best players in the first half. Taking off Ndombele and Winks opened the final cascade of goals ,- but as I say if Dier had been the 3rd CM to share the work their substitution would not have been needed.

Points can be made individually about many of our players tonight, but a change in the starting X1 and maybe Son scoring from the early chances and it's a different match.

Interesting to hear that our XG was better than theirs. They were extremely clinical, I doubt they’ll ever score as many great goals in a game again .

Saying that, this alongside how we were outclassed ( but not beaten) by City this season ( and Ajax to a certain extent last season ) is pretty damning evidence that we’ve fallen way off the top. This was coming.

Hate to say it, but Poch is no longer seeming the cutting edge coach he did a few years ago. We’re playing a very unfashionable system sported by Brendan Rodgers’s Liverpool years ago and seem to be buying players in positions we don’t need ?

I love him, but his constant talk of “determination” and “bravery” is giving off seriously outdated British dinosaur manager vibes.

He needs to do his homework and find a system to get this team running again.

Run forward and put both your hands up if you think football's shit tonight

giphy.gif

I Concur. Fuck you October.

Robertson and Maguire weren't bad for their team though. Sessegnon had a horrific season and looked totally out of his depth for Fulham.

It will take many many years of coaching if he is ever going to play defence for a Pl club

Did you watch much of Fulham last season then? Equally did you watch a lot of Hull the season where they had Robertson & Maguire?

I don't suppose you know who got the most assists for Fulham last season as well do you whilst we are at it mate? He's a 19 year old kid playing with 10 teammates far inferior to us as a team, one chasing shadows for much of the campaign.

It's not fair to write the kid off yet, he literally hasn't played a second of football for us yet comes under attack when we hit bad form? I don't think it's on personally

I dunno, I still remember the season where he sat Gerrard out against Real Madrid, lost 6-1 to Stoke, and played Markovic at RB. Absolute trainwreck that got him sacked. No thanks
God forbid that we play someone out of position at right back. But the bin men are doing OK and playing Tottenham football. Yeah I called it Tottenham football.

We are a club in crisis and can't see a quick fix.
3 players Eriksen, Vert and Toby out of contract this summer and no sign of staying, that's well over £100m worth of players, how are they going to be replaced?
Can't remember last time Poch smiled, he is not happy and looking for way out IMHO.
First choice right back not replaced, no second striker Llorente replacement.

Back
Top Bottom