Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a shower, and I'm not just referring to the weather.
You know that things are terribly wrong, when even I can see that tactically, we were on a hiding to nothing in the second half.
I would make the whole team - players and coaching staff - sit down and watch that game at least three times, they then might not put us through any thing like that again!
Shameful display, and if that doesn't give them a kick up the backside, bin the lot of them and play the youth team!

My observations:

Positives- better energy, better desire for 80 minutes of the game. We didn't wait for stuff to happen we tried to make stuff happen. That for me was the kind of attitude I want to see and expect to see 75% of the time, not 5% of the time like we have seen in 2019. Astongishly im going to say, after a 7-2 loss that I want to see more of that please Spurs.

Positives - Sissoko, Ndombele, Son (apart from his finishing being completely shown up by Gnabry, sadly the game was won and lost between the differences in both but I think he looked sprightly in the first 45 minutes.

Negatives - Aurier. He lacks heart, he lacks head.... that is never a good place to be when you're a footballer. He's as silly as arseholes defensively, lunges in too much, doesn't track back enough and the only fight he showed tonight was giving someone back chat after he felt physical pain in a challenge. He needs to be made an example of, he isn't fit to wear the shirt he ain't my cup to tea AT ALL. SELL, he's like a bird your mate is with who isn't even fit who takes the right piss out of him. Shift him back to France.

Dele - the lad needs a long spell out of the team. He lacks confidence and what's worse he doesn't seem to care like he did. Got his teeth done, got his hair dyed and got a new fashion line deal out of being a footballer. Sadly I feel he might have gone a little bit Rocky in Rocky 3 on us. The kid lacks fight and it completely shoots his ability to pieces. Something's up but that fight and flair ain't there. No more minutes until he resolves it please, he cannot be trusted at present.

Lucas - deserves more minutes.. he has the right attitude and attitude is what we need right now. I feel for him and I hope he sticks it out but he deserves better at the moment, it ain't on.

Eriksen - the bloke has class but he has the mentality of a pussy. Maybe I dig him out tonight knowing where his minds at with looking to leave but show some fucking balls man. The first time hit in the 2nd half when he had plenty of time to take a touch and knock it a few yards closer fucked me right off. Away with the fairies and I've quickly lost all respect for him. Once Lo Celso is fit I don't really want to see Christian play for us again. We pay his wages, we deserve a little more from him at the moment and I don't put it down to form, I put it down to arrogance and self centered reasons. Long him off as soon as we can.

7-2 hugely flattered Bayern, I still think I saw green shoots of promise tonight but mental, lax defending and football from a couple of individuals at key times, as we'll as a final ten minutes that resembles something similar to when we lost 5-1 away to Newcastle on that famour final day of the season completely tore the positive signs up before we could truly reflect on them.

I feel for half the lads tonight, the other half I don't even want to support as men any more. Biggest winner of the night Ndombele, biggest loser as always Aurier but Dele pushed him hard for that accolade.

When a talent like Dele lets a player like Sissoko surpass him for importance to the team he should be absolutely ashamed of himself. Props to Mousa for his continued growth, he impressed me immensely tonight and I'm delighted to see him get a well earned assist but Dele really let's me down far too often these days. Not a single goal in 16 games? That kid we signed from MK Dons seems long gone. Big time Charlie who thinks he's made it without realising there's many people who backed him that he's completely mugging off by focusing more on Fortnite than his given gift. He could end up becoming my biggest football let down if he doesn't shift his mind and ways soon. How sad that would be.

Last edited:
Shackling Thiago is going to be a huge challenge.

You called?

lamela-500058.jpg

2-7 it isn’t a football match: it is a clear signal of an un-concentrated environment, of internal struggles, of a coach who has lost control of the team. You do not deserve this situation after suffering for the stadium, the market without buying etc. Someone has to take responsibility.

Dele starting ahead of Lamela.
Eriksen coming on instead of Lamela.

Tonight is the night I lost complete faith in Poch.

I've been against those that say he plays favourites to the detriment of the side...

,..but quite frankly, it's undeniable.

Back home. Still in a state of depressed shock. The ridiculous thing is that we played most of the first half with pressing, energy and dynamism. Dele, Son and Kane looked good and Moussa was a beast.

The stadium looked absolutely stunning and set for an exciting night. The atmosphere was impressive. It all felt so good being back in the midst of another promising CL campaign.

Until...

Bayern were so clinical. Goals were avoidable but we lost concentration too many times, made mistakes, gave them time and space and then totally lost our heads. Normally they might only have scored 3-4 of those chances but their finishing was class.

What a fucking downer. That’s some way to eradicate the ghost of Madrid: give us something far worse to give us all nightmares.

Should add that the fans were backing the team and singing even at 1-3 and 2-4 when the game was gone. I know it ended badly - but what could you expect?

Thanks Spurs.. Just what I needed, getting soaked and then having to watch that shit show and then getting soaked even more. Thanks, thanks a lot.
Hope you are all proud this morning, hope you all spend your well earned thousands wisely. Hope you all have a lovely lie in this morning as you all deserve it, unlike us supporters who get home extremely late and have to get up at 05-30 for another day of work after spending more of our justified wages supporting you.

THANKS A FUCKING LOT..!!!

Lads, can you remember the early noughties, we couldn't have dreamed of being a fixture in CL football. These are the nights we could only dream of. I think we win 3-1 tonight. Sonny with a brace, kane penalty. Aurier OG :lamelaaghh:

Back
Top Bottom