Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Juventus-Manchester-United-1-2-Champions-League-2018-Jose-Mourinho-GIF-Reaction-After-Win-The-Match.gif

the clock is ticking

Did you watch much of Fulham last season then? Equally did you watch a lot of Hull the season where they had Robertson & Maguire?

I don't suppose you know who got the most assists for Fulham last season as well do you whilst we are at it mate? He's a 19 year old kid playing with 10 teammates far inferior to us as a team, one chasing shadows for much of the campaign.

It's not fair to write the kid off yet, he literally hasn't played a second of football for us yet comes under attack when we hit bad form? I don't think it's on personally
Where did I write him off??? I just said he won't be playing left back for us any time soon.

He will be given a chance further up field where he had actually performed well for the senior teams. I think he is an excellent prospect but nowhere near capable of displacing any of our options in defence

Plus Alli looks like he's never going to be that player he once was , son is hot and cold we don’t know who are right back should be .we keep playing sissoko who doesn’t really do a lot other the cover the right back and Kane must be thinking about moving on soon it’s really not looking good right now .

Heard we played the diamond again and exposed our FB 1v1 to the best two wide players in European football. Good thinking. Caught the aftermatch analysis and Rio was adamant it was a tactical disaster by poch

Went to the irish centre afterwards to drown our sorrows and in a real sense it felt like pochs wake. I dont want to let go but god it was awful tonight. And then like a laughing god of fate the guinness ran out.

We are a club in crisis and can't see a quick fix.
3 players Eriksen, Vert and Toby out of contract this summer and no sign of staying, that's well over £100m worth of players, how are they going to be replaced?
Can't remember last time Poch smiled, he is not happy and looking for way out IMHO.
First choice right back not replaced, no second striker Llorente replacement.
OH don't worry mate we only have to replace our starting LB RB LCB RCB GK AM and backup ST DM CM in the next 2 windows.. It'll be fine! Plenty of fish in the sea... How's the youth looking?

Where did I write him off??? I just said he won't be playing left back for us any time soon.

He will be given a chance further up field where he had actually performed well for the senior teams. I think he is an excellent prospect but nowhere near capable of displacing any of our options in defence

My apologies, I thought you were one of the guys that has been jumping on Sess recently, my bad :dierpochhug:

Anyone laugh when Aurier was playing AM centre and Sissoko was left covering ?

Actually, I never laughed either. Just shouted cunt as loud as I could.

Back home. Still in a state of depressed shock. The ridiculous thing is that we played most of the first half with pressing, energy and dynamism. Dele, Son and Kane looked good and Moussa was a beast.

The stadium looked absolutely stunning and set for an exciting night. The atmosphere was impressive. It all felt so good being back in the midst of another promising CL campaign.

Until...

Bayern were so clinical. Goals were avoidable but we lost concentration too many times, made mistakes, gave them time and space and then totally lost our heads. Normally they might only have scored 3-4 of those chances but their finishing was class.

What a fucking downer. That’s some way to eradicate the ghost of Madrid: give us something far worse to give us all nightmares.

Should add that the fans were backing the team and singing even at 1-3 and 2-4 when the game was gone. I know it ended badly - but what could you expect?

Silly question in between all this positivity- how do I upload a photo to here as I have one that I think needs sharing from tonight ( no boobs sadly )

Negatives: Too numerous to list. There’s not enough room on the internet.

Positives: thanks to the gradual emptying of the stadium from about 65 minutes I made record time home. Left on the final whistle and walked through the door at 5 past midnight. Northbound train arrived at Northumberland park just as we managed to get onto the platform. Always look on the bright side of the silver lining as they say.

One thought I’d like to get out of my head and “verbalise”: I never want to see Aurier in a spurs shirt again.

Heard we played the diamond again and exposed our FB 1v1 to the best two wide players in European football. Good thinking. Caught the aftermatch analysis and Rio was adamant it was a tactical disaster by poch

Yeah the signs were there early that full back was an issue.... we started second half flatter - 4411 - but gave the ball away twice in 3mins and went 4-1 down.

Then we sort of played the Ossie 5 up top formation..... which at 4-2 on 83mins could have got us something.....

But once it went 5-2.... my only surprise was it wasn’t 8-2 when they actually had a shot that didn’t go in the corner with the last kick of the game....

I know a lot will blame this nightmare on Poch (and he must carry some of the can, as it’s him who picks the team, tactics etc) but I put the majority of the blame on the players, a bunch of pampered multi millionaires who cross that white wash every game and the majority (not all!!) don’t seem to give a fuck. Look at the Toby/jan/Chris contract situation...on current form who in the name of fuck would want to take those 3 on free transfers, like where is the professional pride?!! Not exactly great shop window material is it. And Rose...Jesus Christ Danny Rose!! What has happened to you!!!

I’ve always hated it over the years when I hear that players won’t play anymore for a certain manager (usually at Chelsea), maybe I am being naive here but does professional pride not exist in football! No heart or fight...or even just not wanting to be humiliated in front of your home supporters

Ah well, rant over! We go again on Saturday morning, in which I fully fucking expect to at least see these players trying to play for the shirt!

Silly question in between all this positivity- how do I upload a photo to here as I have one that I think needs sharing from tonight ( no boobs sadly )
You have to upload it to an image sharing site like imgur then use the share link from that site on here using the image icon.

Back
Top Bottom