Brighton (A) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Given the lack of movement today (and a lot of days) that's hardly a hanging offense.

He's a good defender...
I agree that today he wasn't at fault for his lack of creative passes but let's be honest - his offensive game is beyond abysmal and he provides nothing.

He's an OK defender who usually gives a 6/10 performance and he doesn't have as many fatal accidents as our PTDS-stricken depression victim Danny at left back so I guess he should play sometimes.

Decent back up, no more. Weak defending for their 2nd though, certainly.

Bollox to this.. I have a hedge that needs cutting.. Have a great rest of the weekend.

Well.... That didnt go well.. Thought I would have a go at the Laurel tree as well... Chainsaw chain kept coming off, then a branch cut my arm - Helmet / face guard fell off, so I booted it in rage.. Now got to buy a new helmet and faceguard protector... Grrrr

On a positive point though, the way the helmet flew across the garden before breaking as it hit the fence, was a superb strike and something sorely missing from our performance today!

Last edited:
I must say though, if you were one of our supporters at this game, you're my MOTM. Unreal support, could hear the singing even after we were down 3-0. Our squad didn't deserve you today.

Getting rid of Tripps and Llorente, buying Sess, Locelso and Ndombele. Genius. Give a medal whoever sanctioned it.
I would have thought that they would have really helped this season but Sessignon aside who was already recovering from an injury who would have thought that LoCelso would get injured and Ndombele would get injured and therefore be further behind where he should be fitness wise.

And they made some great noise as well!
Even at 3:0 I heard "Tottenham till I die" loud and clear through telly!

Clearly my MoM award goes to travelling fans.

Though would have been fair to give a strong "boo" and whistle after the whistle because the players and management did not deseve this support today.
fabulous support, so proud to be part of it,certainly not fair weather fans ,like some. They need us more now than ever. Everything happens for a reason, things will come good, stick with them. Poch is working with some difficult constraints and we really don't know the half of it. Love that man for the experiences he has brought us

Kane was the captain today for 88 mins, I didn't see him have a word with any of the players or any encouraging gesture of any sort, I noticed a round belly, has he given up too?!

Agreed but with this level of performance today if 11 professional players on the pitch can't get themselves up for it then I don't know who can.
I worry how weak they are mentally if they can't play at least half decent unless they have a manager to motivate them to play at least half decent. They aren't capable of motivating themselves. Even the thought of a life time dream of lifting the CL trophy wasn't enough to motivate them. They still are that weak mentally they need a manager motivating them for a CL winners medal.

Why? He's wanted out for ages now... Some would argue he was the first to turn toxic.

It seems like most of our squad has talked about leaving tbh.

Dier wanted United.
Rose wanted out.
Aurier wanted to leave in the summer.
Eriksen, Toby and Jan won't sign a contract and some of them have spoken of leaving.
Dele was talking of leaving once and has 0 loyalty to us

Most of the squad doesn't care about Tottenham.

I agree that today he wasn't at fault for his lack of creative passes but let's be honest - his offensive game is beyond abysmal and he provides nothing.

He's an OK defender who usually gives a 6/10 performance and he doesn't have as many fatal accidents as our PTDS-stricken depression victim Danny at left back so I guess he should play sometimes.

Decent back up, no more.

Yet half the people that moan about lack of depth/backup would have him sold in a hearbeat.... That's my deeper point. People also forget that he was actually a damn capable 1st teamer when he stood in for Rose for more than a whole season.... A time we nearly won the league and had the tightest defense in the league t'boot.

If none of our MF or attackers can serve up some creativity and chances then I see little reason to hold a FB responsible.

I like my defenders to be able to defend foremost; which is why I shed no tears over losing the crossing ability of Trippier... He was awful defensively.

Weak defending for their 2nd though, certainly.

Ridiculous claim.

Half decent save from gazza; led to a bounce that could have gone anywhere.... It's out of the ordinary that a LB would even be in the position to make that challenge; to be able to slide in from the right hand side.

Last edited:
The way you're stating it all.... Yes you are.

Did I debate the time frame? Nope.

Even now, you're too caught up in the drama to respond to what I actually said and how it applys to your previous comments.

Someone says something you don't like doesn't make them a drama queen does it. And I don't even know what your point was? Just see you attacking everyone who's not blowing bubbles up anyone's arse.

I just don't see what's dramatic about me saying the sides a mess we need 6-8 players in ASAP (next window) to replace those not even trying. Then we have another 6-8 who the jury's out on ability wise but seem to at least care, so that gets us time to scout proper replacements. And that the only players who seem to have the right ability and attitude are Kane, Son and Moura. This obviously doesn't include the new boys who haven't had time to bed in yet.

So again how is that dramatic?

Just when I thought today couldn't get any worse, I've got lumbered taking my mum out with her geriatric friends to a dance, and not one where I can join in - it's all waltzes and foxtrot. Serves me right for moaning that I was missing Strictly.

Literally the only positive today was Sissoko being up to it at RB. And why did Poch pull out Ndombele at HT instead of Dier ? Down 2-0 and Dier was struggling with simple touches let alone doing anything of a positive nature. That sub by Poch made absolutely no sense considering things.

Back
Top Bottom