The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
You’d have a point but all Poch did last night was prove all the criticism right by abandoning his dog shit diamond and playing the players to their strengths.

Isnt it funny that some people are all celebrating and lauding the performance (rightly) but not making the connection that had the manager not been such a naive and stubborn fool for the last 10 games, we’d have a lot more games like last night under our belts.

Did you see any new players last night?
Did you see a new squad?
Did you see new owners and new investment?

No me neither.

What I saw was the players that I knew full well could play that well in the right system perform.

I would not be even slightly surprised to see a return to the diamond on Sunday though.
And a subsequent cluster fuck and heavy defeat will simply confirm all the criticism of Poch.

A top manager learns from mistakes.
It remains to be seen if Poch will, and I remember all the same crap after Palace about how the “blip” was over.

We will see. I’ll be here praising him, win lose or draw at Anfield IF we plays as well as we can in our best system with our strongest match day squad.

But will you be here cristicising him if he reverts to norm, the sideways football returns, and we get hammered?
Or will you be calling for 21 new players?
Completely respect your opinion but,
for me, Poch has done an incredible job growing and developing the squad he inherited, evolving the side, and mixing it with the big boys with consistent CL football despite United, Chavs, Victims, City and Goons having a financial clout that is on an another stratosphere to us in financial terms. That will slowly change and we’ve got some promising new talent that needs time to embed. We also need time to rework a system that is being fundamentally rebuilt. Like when Modric left, we need to transition through the post-Eriksen period.

We’re close to exhausting the current bunch and a number of players need to be moved on and out. We clearly need new investment and the club are working very hard to do this. Dybala was a very close one and we have a scouting and recruitment team that is heavily focused on continuing to bring in what we need.

Personally, I think Poch has done enough in his tenure to deserve backing through this period, however tricky the rebuild proves to be this season.

Last edited:
I'm hopeful we can turn things round under Poch as he has done an incredible job up to this and has earned some goddamn respect and gratitude from us.

However, things have certainly changed and this current team (or at least some members of it) has come to its close and a new(ish) team needs to be built.

Is Poch the man to do this? Does he even want to be?

I'm on the fence about this, which is different from my position a month or so back when I was very much Poch In.

I hope I'm never 100% Poch Out though, don't think he deserves that.

That win last night was much needed, still not totally convinced we are fine yet, but we dominated last night and deserved a 5-0 tbh.

I can’t recall many performances like that in our history when we had a manager going through a tail spin before they were sacked. Feel like the team can turn this around from here. Important to remember we are 7th and only 5 points off 4th, and after Sunday we will already have played 4 of the top 5 away from home, and we are in a good spot to qualify from our CL group now after yesterday. Basically don’t lose to Red Star away and beat Olympiakos at home, and we’re through.

I understand being unsure about Pochettino moving forward, but I don’t understand being stubbornly Poch out. There’s not a single manager we are going to get to fix our current squad issues without investment from Levy/ENIC. There’s no obvious upgrade on Pochettino available at the minute either. I say give him a chance to get us out of this and back him very well in January and next summer.

I know we won last night so my mood is slightly elevated but as a season ticket holder of 14 years, I feel I'm in a pretty good position to make this comment...

The general consensus around those who actually "follow" Spurs is for Pochettino to remain at the club but it appears that those who follow spurs through social media and online appears to be "Poch Out".

Speaks volumes.

I'm not saying that not going to games etc. makes you a lesser fan but I do believe it breeds a certain type of mentality when it comes to expectations and what you physically get from the experience of following a football club.

Football has changed whether we like it or not. It's a business. Plain and simple. The club is currently in the best position on and off the field, the latter a slight exception with our current form, then we have been in my entire lifetime and Mauricio it the best manager we've had in the last 30 years. That is a simple fact.

For that reason, Poch in for me.

The Poch out clan, you're fully entitled to that opinion and who knows, you may well be right, but chopping and changing manager at every moment of adversity isn't going to help the long term future of the club. See spurs through the '90s and early '00s and currently a huge club from the north-west of the country.

I'm sure after our inevitable spanking on Sunday I won't be so chipper, but collectively we need to get behind our club and do what we do best as Spurs fans. Not become those self-entitled fickle cunts down Seven Sisters road and get behind what we all love most.

Or could it be that being in the ground, you won’t get thousands of people chanting
We Want Pochy Out Say We Want Pochy Out

I’d sing He’s Magic if I was there last night too.
I’d sing for Eriksen

Its got nothing to do with fans that go vs online fans. There’s tens of 1000s of “Twitter fans” that go to games.

When the whole end stands up and applauds a Dier tackle, does it mean that none of them want him replaced or they would be shouting abuse at him?

Simply, the internet is a place to vent.
You’d have to be a cunt to go to WHL and scream abuse at Poch.

Completely respect your opinion but,
for me, Poch has done an incredible job growing and developing the squad he inherited, evolving the side, and mixing it with the big boys with consistent CL football despite United, Chavs, Victims, City and Goons having a financial clout that is on an another stratosphere to us in financial terms. That will slowly change and we’ve got some promising new talent that needs time to embed. We also need time to rework a system that is being fundamentally rebuilt. Like when Modric left, we need to transition through the post-Eriksen period.

We’re close to exhausting the current bunch and a number of players need to be moved on and out. We clearly need new investment and the club are working very hard to do this. Dybala was a very close one and we have a scouting and recruitment team that is heavily focused on continuing to bring in what we need.

Personally, I think Poch has done enough in his tenure to deserve backing through this period, however tricky the rebuild proves to be this season.

No one has said Poch hasn’t done a great job though.

Far from last night exonerating him, it’s just leaves me furious that:
1) He ditched this style of play for so long
2) He will ditch it again

The players were not knackered and old last night. The simple fact is, they played a formation that they can play well in.

No magic, no genius tactic.....just the exact same thing that us nobody’s on a forum have been saying he should do for ten months.

Back
Top Bottom