The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Just look at Pep, team is 3-0 down and he's up on his feet clapping and trying to urge his players on.

Compare that to Poch - fed up of seeing him slumped in his chair with a scorned look on his face, the whole fucking thing is rotten and it stems from the manager.

I know we won last night so my mood is slightly elevated but as a season ticket holder of 14 years, I feel I'm in a pretty good position to make this comment...

The general consensus around those who actually "follow" Spurs is for Pochettino to remain at the club but it appears that those who follow spurs through social media and online appears to be "Poch Out".

Speaks volumes.

I'm not saying that not going to games etc. makes you a lesser fan but I do believe it breeds a certain type of mentality when it comes to expectations and what you physically get from the experience of following a football club.

Football has changed whether we like it or not. It's a business. Plain and simple. The club is currently in the best position on and off the field, the latter a slight exception with our current form, then we have been in my entire lifetime and Mauricio it the best manager we've had in the last 30 years. That is a simple fact.

For that reason, Poch in for me.

The Poch out clan, you're fully entitled to that opinion and who knows, you may well be right, but chopping and changing manager at every moment of adversity isn't going to help the long term future of the club. See spurs through the '90s and early '00s and currently a huge club from the north-west of the country.

I'm sure after our inevitable spanking on Sunday I won't be so chipper, but collectively we need to get behind our club and do what we do best as Spurs fans. Not become those self-entitled fickle cunts down Seven Sisters road and get behind what we all love most.

1. We've won 2 of our past 9 games.
  2. No consistent lineups.
  3. No tactics or plan
  4. Almost the entire team is out of form
  5. Players who aren't committed are waltzing into the team every week. Eriksen should never wear our shirt again.
  6. The same mistakes being made week in week out
  7. No plan B, doesn't know how to use subs, in game management is useless.
  8. Plan A, which was publically stated to be Foyth and KWP as RB, isn't happening. Aurier is a disaster yet keeps getting played.
  9. Constantly going back on himself. "We will buy/sell in Jan" "No, we won't change anything in Jan"
  10. Habitually taking the lead only to crumble in game after game.
  11. Players hit peak form only to be dropped the very next game, such as Ndombele today, Lucas in the CL final.
  12. Players barely seem arsed half the time
  13. The same old excuses every press conference. "I am happy, I am proud, we controlled the game, can't blame the players, this is football".
  14. He's a fitness snob. He won't play Foyth because he isn't fit, yet Foyth plays for Argentina. Same for Celso. He doesn't play people and claims "Oh, they're not fit yet" when half the team looks dead on their feet. It makes no sense. We need players fit for games, not fit for running marathons or training sessions.
I hope the man resigns so that we can finally move on and see some sensible starting 11's. Who the fuck expects a really difficult and challenging game and picks Dele and Eriksen over Lamela? Rose, who can't defend, over Davies? Winks over an incredible talent finding form in Ndombele? I'm honestly so done with this season and this manager.

You shouldn’t be judging Poch on getting a result at Goodison regardless.

The same people who are screaming loudest for him to be gone are the same ones who hated the thought of us letting go of the players he wanted out, the same players who are either in decline or not fully committed. A new manager may get a temporary bounce out of them, but long term the same issues are still there.

Also the Klopp comparisons are sickening me - how many of you were saying Klopp was clear of Poch when he was losing final after final, BEFORE he got to spend world record fees on a goalkeeper AND centre back, plus buying the most sort after DM on the market?!

On raw ability only 2 Spurs players are getting into that Liverpool team.

AFC Hindsight Rovers smh - as far as I’m concerned Poch is now a victim of his own massive overachievement, for me he has enough credit in the bank to be able to now spend (now the club is able sort of compete financially) and refresh this squad.
Massive overachievement?

Losing the title to Leicester and finishing 3rd after capitulating a 13pt lead to arse when Kane, Eriksen, Dele, Walker, Rose, Dembele, Toby and Jan were all considered world class?

Losing five semi finals and 2 finals and constantly experimenting in these games and playing unfit players etc

What fucking achievement?
Top 4 trophy is not a trophy for us anymore than it was for Wenger....we’ve won NOTHING, and have barely played 10 excellent 90 minute games in 3 years.

He’s done the bare minimum if you look at it without the soppy emotional “I love him” bollocks.

You’ve been had proper, like the rest of them.....it’s become blatantly obvious that the squad was carrying Poch and not the other way around.
He was the one punching above his weight, not that we were lucky to have him.

It all clicked, but when his credentials were truly tested when the team started getting found out, his new way failed massively and he has fuck all idea how to fix it.

Throwing players up front like it his name was Fat Sam.....
more attackers = more goals!!!!

:freundgoal:

Benching the new breed and playing the same players that still aren’t performing.....taking off the RB and chucking in AMs with minutes left like coins into a wishing well.
That’s his only “plan b”.....hoping the players he DOESNT RATE are suddenly good enough to change a game in 2 minutes.

The man has been managing since 2009, and being top 4 four times is a fucking miracle?
450M spent on 27 players in five years and the 5th highest paid manager in Europe and cunts crying like he’s Oliver Twist.

Jog the fuck on, the man is taking the piss out of you, and you want to give him 22 new players and another 5 years to fuck that up too?

Mugs

What legacy?
tottenham-bayern-310719zf.jpg

He's not the same manager. This is the man who could make a midfield of Ryan Mason and Nabil Bentaleb work, and who now struggles with £60 mil stars in those positions.

He's definitely lost something, burnt out, on a downer after the CL final and what he sees as lack of backing from Levy. And no doubt he's had some tasty offers from other big clubs to turn his head.

Whatever the reasons, he doesn't seem to have the answers any more. We are genuinely bad, no two ways about it. Feels like we're in the final days of Poch.

You shouldn’t be judging Poch on getting a result at Goodison regardless.

The same people who are screaming loudest for him to be gone are the same ones who hated the thought of us letting go of the players he wanted out, the same players who are either in decline or not fully committed. A new manager may get a temporary bounce out of them, but long term the same issues are still there.

Also the Klopp comparisons are sickening me - how many of you were saying Klopp was clear of Poch when he was losing final after final, BEFORE he got to spend world record fees on a goalkeeper AND centre back, plus buying the most sort after DM on the market?!

On raw ability only 2 Spurs players are getting into that Liverpool team.

AFC Hindsight Rovers smh - as far as I’m concerned Poch is now a victim of his own massive overachievement, for me he has enough credit in the bank to be able to now spend (now the club is able sort of compete financially) and refresh this squad.

Poch doesn't have enough credit in the bank to spend at all, we have spent this window and he isn't even playing the players we have purchased, instead he is sticking with players like Eriksen who want out and couldn't play their way out of a paper bag.

He has failed on numerous occasions to get us over the line, despite having a squad more than capable of winning trophies, he has dismissed cups because he, for some reason, thinks we are too big for them and he makes continuous decisions that can only be described as completely ignorant and stupid at best and downright egomaniacal at worst.

Levy and more importantly, our owners, are as much at fault as Poch is for this fucking shambles but the reality is simple, this manager should be doing better with the team at his disposal.

Just look at the start of the Poch thread, people saying we should keep Sherwood, same thing happened with AVB and now it's happening with Poch, some people simply cannot seperate their love for certain players/managers from what is best for the club, that is what you're doing right now, placing a manager over the best interests of the club.

Poch is done, our form has been terrible since January, it's not going to get better, we aren't going to improve because he is a stubborn bastard that, after all his plaudits, thinks he is better than he actually is.

Mourinho without the trophies to back the arrogance up, people don't want to admit it and face the reality but that's what it is, you only have to see his comments before and after the game yesterday to see just how much the bloke is sniffing his own farts.

I love spurs, managers and players and chairman all come and go and NONE of them are more important than the club, I don't give a toss how many times someone on here wanks themselves off over the stadium and spreadsheets for net spend, it doesn't mean fuck all other than ENIC getting money, I don't support ENIC, I support Spurs, the football club, not the brand.

I also don't care how many times people delude themselves into thinking Levy spending £200m will fix our problems either because it's clear as day now that it won't, not under this manager and that's coming from someone who used to champion that position and say the manager hasn't been backed and whilst I still think that's the case in previous windows and that has led to the direction contribution of this situation I still think Poch has enough talent in this squad to be doing better!

And let's not forget, he was backed this window and he isn't playing the fucking players we signed, instead he is sticking with players like Eriksen who couldn't give a shit.

So no, he hasn't earned backing, he has earned the sack and he should be gone already and anybody who truly loves the club would know that, it shouldn't even be a debate at this point given his repeated mistakes and inability to learn from them.

Last edited:
I have traditionally been adverse to sacking Managers and generally been prepared to give them a little longer. The exceptions were Graham and Sherwood who I was against even appointing them. I was 100% behind Poch in the summer but it is his increasingly weird Press conferences and the fact I heard the players are finding him difficult to deal with that convinces me it is time for a change. Yes he deserves longer based on his record but I cannot explain the decline in performances to any other person but him. If we were say 6th then Levy not spending could explain it but we are 14th behind much less spending clubs. we did spend in the summer. The players are not performing and there are various reasons for that but it is difficult to get away from Poch's responsibility and if I was in charge he would now go.

This poll and thread are pathetic. It’s just embarrassing.

We have a top manager.

Every team, organisation, family, whatever goes through bad patches. You don’t just start slagging everything off and melting like spoilt children: you step up and back your group.

Man City have plenty of spaces available for keen keyboard melts.

It's based on the fact that this side has proved me wrong several times before. I didn't think we would get top 4 last season, we did.
I didn't think we would get top four the season before that, we did.
I didn't think we would beat City in the CL, we did.
I didn't think we would beat Ajax once we went 2-0 down, we did.

I saw enough fight against Liverpool on sunday to suggest they can turn things around.

We are heading for 10 months without an away win. We have never been this bad under Poch and I've never seen a manager turn things around when they've reached this point. We could be 1 point above the relegation zone if we lose the next game.

If we need at least 70 points to reach top 4 then we need at least another 58 points, which means about 19 wins from 28. We have won 3 out of 10 so far. Our form shows no sign of improving, absolutely none. We couldn't even win a home game against the team bottom of the league. We cannot keep clean sheets and struggle to score more than one goal in a game. Most games, especially at home, we have only 2 or 3 shots on target.

We have good players, no doubt, but that is not enough reason to believe we can hit top 4. Chelsea had good players in Mourinho's second spell, but they still finished 10th in his last season before going on to win the league under a new manager. This team needs a fresh voice and some tough love from someone they don't know. It's the only way to turn it around.

Isn't this the fourth or fifth thread asking the same question?

Anyway I have always had time for the guy but he needs to realise he doesn't have a lot of time. He gives off the vibe that if something goes wrong, that there is always next week, month or season. Truth be told this is what our club is dealing with at the moment:

Last edited:
We have to stay loyal to Poch for two reasons. Even if it means relegation!

1. He has won nothing and you can't just throw away a manager who has had such amazing success. Since he has been here, we have won nothing. Think about that. Do you want to just throw that away? Is there another manager out there who could win us nothing for 6 years??? Think carefully.

2. Gerry Francis was shit in the 90s.

If you don't agree with this assessment, you is obviously a plastic gooner innit who should get out of this Club!!!

Daniel. Sort it out.
Sack Poch. 30m.
Missing champions league will cost much more. And although you’d hope that we won’t go down, you have to consider the possibility. Which would be far worse.
Pull the plug. It’s time.

Keeping Eriksen on for 100+ minutes when he did absolutely FUCK ALL is disgraceful.

Back
Top Bottom