The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Poch realised he couldn't keep turning water into wine.

It’s funny because even when we was “wine” we had a manager who capitulated a 13pt lead on Woolwich and finished behind them, lost at home to Leicester in a title decider, threw every single domestic cup chance that came his way, and couldn’t instill one ounce of big club mentality in our team when the likes of Eriksen, Dele, Kane, Wanyama, Dembele, Rose, Jan, Toby, Lloris and Walker were all at world class levels.

The manager didn’t turn these players into wine, he slowly turned the core of a team he mainly inherited into piss, while throwing every bit of back up signed for him onto the bonfire.

You wanted Martial in 2018. You said we should back him and sign Grealish. And the 18yr old De Ligt.

You think things would be different right now?
That he’d use them any more than he does Moura, Foyth, Lamela etc?

You think Eriksen would have signed a new contract and played well had we signed those players?
You think we’d have won the CL?
You think he’d have abandoned the diamond?

I think what’s become blatantly obvious, confirmed by your own admission that Levy never hires a top manager, that Pochettino just isn’t really that good a manager.

Just look at Pep, team is 3-0 down and he's up on his feet clapping and trying to urge his players on.

Compare that to Poch - fed up of seeing him slumped in his chair with a scorned look on his face, the whole fucking thing is rotten and it stems from the manager.

That was 2010 and they went on to lose to Chelsea.

they won the cup in 08 and didn't play us
Ah, shitbags... you're right. My point is redundant as we NEVER would've beaten Chelsea in a 2008 Cup Final!!

To be honest, the period between 2008-2010 were all a bit of a blur...
As they say, if you remember 2008-2010, you weren't reallly there!

Wonder what Poch's 'perception' is of this weekend ? All I know is that 'reality' shows we are 14th and our next game is away from home to West Ham.

"we should stay positive. Situation is tricky but this is football. It happens. Important thing is to stay together. Yes, we are disappointed with results, but we played well. Now we have to think about next game and stay together as a group and have to stay positive."

:pocheyes::pocheyes::pocheyes:

"we should stay positive. Situation is tricky but this is football. It happens. Important thing is to stay together. Yes, we are disappointed with results, but we played well. Now we have to think about next game and stay together as a group and have to stay positive."

:pocheyes::pocheyes::pocheyes:
You missed out the word 'dynamic'....shame on you !

Just look at Pep, team is 3-0 down and he's up on his feet clapping and trying to urge his players on.

Compare that to Poch - fed up of seeing him slumped in his chair with a scorned look on his face, the whole fucking thing is rotten and it stems from the manager.
Maybe we should film him when he's eating, he might be doing that wrong too...we owe it to the guy to find out...

I think what’s become blatantly obvious, confirmed by your own admission that Levy never hires a top manager, that Pochettino just isn’t really that good a manager.
Your'e right. We both agree Levy never hires a top manager. Hoorahhh!!!!

Sammy and I finally agree!!!!?

giphy.gif

Of course, when he was hired, Pochettino was an up and coming who'd learned his trade at Espanyol and Southampton. So of course, true to form, Levy hadn't hired a top drawer manager.

The problem was, having exceeeded all his expectations ahead of schedule and even with the upheaval of Wembley, Levy chose to deny him his chance of becoming the top manager by becoming the first chairman in the top 5 European leagues to not sign a single player in a summer transfer window.

And look where we are today😔

Your'e right. We both agree Levy never hires a top manager. Hoorahhh!!!!

Sammy and I finally agree!!!!?

giphy.gif

Of course, when he was hired, Pochettino was an up and coming who'd learned his trade at Espanyol and Southampton. So of course, true to form, Levy hadn't hired a top drawer manager.

The problem was, having exceeeded all his expectations ahead of schedule and even with the upheaval of Wembley, Levy chose to deny him his chance of becoming the top manager by becoming the first chairman in the top 5 European leagues to not sign a single player in a summer transfer window.

And look where we are today😔
He did, however make him the 5th highest paid manager in Europe at that time though.

You didn’t answer the other bit.
Do you think signing Martial, Grealish and DeLigt would have us in a different place right now?
Be honest.

I think history shows they wouldn’t have made an impact last season and would have still been down the pecking order behind the untouchables

Ummm...When did I say our players were shit? 🤥

I think it's yourself that's forever slandering our players and our manager.

You said Levy only buys shit.

“Our players”? Dele, Eriksen on a regular basis.
Absolutely

But when I made this thread

You were nowhere to be seen

Our issue is energy and intensity. The thing that breathed life into us under Poch was a high defensive line, high press, intense football not letting the other team breathe. Sadly at the moment I see a team too nonchalant and too civilised. I don't know what the reason for it is but there must be a reason and I get the feeling that it's down to a lack of genuine bravery from top to bottom at the club.

We seem to play within ourselves, our minds seem sluggish and our feet heavy. We definitely need a few gargantuans defensively and some sprightly attacking nous injected into things. The easiest solution to this? Shit hot full backs it covers both areas that require some love.

It would cost us roughly £35m-£40m to replace Pochettino and his backroom staff I'm guessing.....why don't we just stick with the guy and use that £40m to sign Atal so it at least gives us something we need very much, which is a bit of up and down rejuvenation (ooooh eerrrr)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom