The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
To be fair mate, United were second in the table the season before he was sacked and they won the Europa League as well.

I actually think Mourinho was having United punch above their weight.
I agree. I was talking about once the dressing room went toxic he was powerless despite being a top manager.

The fact he won the EL with that side and finished second shows how good he is mate imo.

Think he could win the league with our side, I genuinely do, or at the very least a trophy and have us in the top four.
Now you are going too far. No manager will get this team finishing ahead of Liverpool & city. & if they did, you just know Leicester will peak again & win the title.
Also be careful saying that as you are saying we should be challenging for the title with mourinho or else what? Way too harsh to expect titles or even challenging for it.

Im not debating the points difference... it was a chasm by the end... but more because in the ONE year that the 'traditional PL winners' ALL faltered, WE couldn't take advantage, and Leicester could!

Bit like when Portsmouth won the Cup... WE had a perfect chance, but lost to them in the Semi...
And that was NOTHING to do with Poch!!
...but maybe more to do with mindset!

That was 2010 and they went on to lose to Chelsea.

they won the cup in 08 and didn't play us

I think the horse is dead.
Have you got any other points to make?

despite just a league cup in 18 years.
It's strange. Making fun of poch for no trophies whilst supporting enic for 1 league cup in 18 years.
18 years & wins us a league cup
1 league cup in 18 years under enic who pick the manager who you say has failed.
1 league cup in 18 years is awful
but 1 league cup in 18 seasons is good.
You think no trophies from poch in 6 seasons is bad but 1 league cup in 18 seasons is good.
Well if there priorities are winning things, 1 league cup in 18 seasons shows they are failing at it.
ENIC have a league cup in 18 years
18 years to take us a place lower. That deserves another bonus

Now you are going too far. No manager will get this team finishing ahead of Liverpool & city. & if they did, you just know Leicester will peak again & win the title.
Also be careful saying that as you are saying we should be challenging for the title with mourinho or else what? Way too harsh to expect titles or even challenging for it.

I was being hyperbolic but my point was that he would get us closer than Poch, I wouldn't expect it given the quality of City and Pool but I definitely think he would, at the bare minimum, win us a trophy.

Cheeky baz expecting managers to win stuff with Southampton & espanyol. Even pep & klopp wouldn't win anything with those teams.

It’s been a while since Soton beat Yanited in the FA cup final but thoroughly enjoyable as I recall

With all due respect then, who is responsible for the decline and where we are now ??. Those players you mentioned are all still here apart from Trippier. If Poch 'developed' them then what's happened, have they now regressed, and if so who is to blame for that ?
A combination of Levy and Poch.
Poch realised he couldn't keep turning water into wine. When he turned to Levy for support. Remember ( being brave: we cannot continue to challenge for the big trophies while spending small money, we need to move to the next level)
Unfortunately, Levy never shared the same ambition for the football team as Poch at that pivotal moment and gave him fuck all.

As a result we have a demotivated manager and a demotivated squad. Many of whom now see their best chance of silverware elsewhere.

If the chairman gives the impression he aint interested, it rubs off on his manager.
Which in turn trickles down to the players.
The shit starts at the top.

Your'e not putting our demise squarely on Poch's shoulders, surely!

A combination of Levy and Poch.
Poch realised he couldn't keep turning water into wine. When he turned to Levy for support. Remember ( being brave: we cannot continue to challenge for the big trophies while spending small money, we need to move to the next level)
Unfortunately, Levy never shared the same ambition for the football team as Poch at that pivotal moment and gave him fuck all.

As a result we have a demotivated manager and a demotivated squad. Many of whom now see their best chance of silverware elsewhere.

If the chairman gives the impression he aint interested, it rubs off on his manager.
Which in turn trickles down to the players.
The shit starts at the top.

Your'e not putting our demise squarely on Poch's shoulders, surely!
No I was just interested in how you explained our current plight. Cheers :thumbup:

Last edited:
Three trophies. One second place finish. Not bad at all. With a squad that was inferior to ours

Exactly mate, I voted a few months back that I wouldn't have him here but honestly my view were tainted by my loyalty to Pochettino and my loyalty to the style of play I like to see at our club.

I couldn't give a toss anymore, the only style of play I want to see here is winning, by any means nessecary.

It's official, we're 14th :(
Well we were 15th in the 90’s so what’s your fucking point here you pessimistic entitled cunt, god some people will just never be happy🙄

Joking of course!!

Anyone know a good stone mason? Us West stand boys are thinking of having a statue made of our most successful manager to date, we are just wondering should we do the black suit or the slim fit training top🤔

A donkey would win the bundesliga. The same with Juventus in italy and Paris in France, well emery did it but :harrylol:
If that were true, Kovac would still be in a job. Pep did three years in the job. Hitzfeld around six years around the turn of the century. But everyone else lasts a year or two.

And in the last decade, they’ve won the CL once, been to the final two more and the semis four times further. So they aren’t just successful domestically against other strong German sides.

All successful teams change their managers regularly.

The more I have thought about the more I think he has to go but he has to go with a big thank you for seeing us through a period of low spending and massive upheaval with with no less than 4 CL qualifications, a CL final and a genuine league challenge.

The reason is that this squad is not suited anymore to Poch. He works with young, mailable players who work their arses off, we have a mature squad of experienced players unsuited to the pressing game. To fix this we’d need to buy half a new team and Levy ain’t going to do that. This is a squad suited not to Poch or even Klopp or Pep (we don’t even have runnings DM’s or full backs) but to Benetiz or Mourinho.

When we came 2nd in the league that was the point we need big investment but didn’t get it. Poch should be replaced but Levy needs to sack himself from the football side, we need a director of football who can sort out transfers without making an arse of himself, clear out deadwood and manage the scouting which is quite frankly not good enough. Our managers need better support.

Poch should go with a big thank you, Levy needs to hire a good director of football or he himself should go, again with a big thank you. We have a world class stadium and regular CL football, we should be thankful but the football side of things needs renewal and the structure is not workable to what we need.

Will Pep be added to the long list of managers struggling this season? Liverpool winning the title & city seem to struggle in CL knock out. So domestic cups at best for city. & if city get Liverpool in the CL then you would expect Liverpool to knock then out.

Back
Top Bottom