The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
You are supporting Levy right now.
You are easily appeased...despite your whining on about trophies.
It suits Levy, having morons like you in the fan base because it means when Poch finishes 12th, and you still want the manager to stay,
So you're saying Levy actually likes me?

tenor.gif
q

It looks more and more likely that the nucleus of the next generation of Spurs team will look similar to:

[FORMATION=4231,Gazzaniga,Walker-Peters,Foyth,Sanchez,Sessegnon,Winks,Ndombele,Lo Celso,Dele,Son,Kane][/FORMATION]

Obviously we add a few players here and there when required but as the season goes on I'd like to think this starting XI will get trusted more and more. The real question is can and will it ever be trusted and will Poch still be the man that breaks this XI or one very similar looking in?

I think that's more over worrying than genuine belief. I've offered it up before, anyone want a bet on us going down? No one will take it because I think deep down they don't think it will happen. Or they are against gambling!
I think we have to hope that whoever plays has enough pride to play well enough to stay in the PL.

His people skills are serverly lacking. Always ends up falling out with whoever he chooses to manage us.
Because they want financial backing and no interference. That's the nature of the beast. As I've said before, the profits are more important than any pride in the team. He is a horrible little dictator. Sort Jewish Hitler ironically.

It looks more and more likely that the nucleus of the next generation of Spurs team will look similar to:

[FORMATION=4231,Gazzaniga,Walker-Peters,Foyth,Sanchez,Sessegnon,Winks,Ndombele,Lo Celso,Dele,Son,Kane][/FORMATION]

Obviously we add a few players here and there when required but as the season goes on I'd like to think this starting XI will get trusted more and more. The real question is can and will it ever be trusted and will Poch still be the man that breaks this XI or one very similar looking in?

What about Clarke?

It's based on the fact that this side has proved me wrong several times before. I didn't think we would get top 4 last season, we did.
I didn't think we would get top four the season before that, we did.
I didn't think we would beat City in the CL, we did.
I didn't think we would beat Ajax once we went 2-0 down, we did.

I saw enough fight against Liverpool on sunday to suggest they can turn things around.

So you're belief we'll go unbeaten in November is based on fuck all.

Nice one.

:adethumbup:

It's based on the fact that this side has proved me wrong several times before. I didn't think we would get top 4 last season, we did.
I didn't think we would get top four the season before that, we did.
I didn't think we would beat City in the CL, we did.
I didn't think we would beat Ajax once we went 2-0 down, we did.

I saw enough fight against Liverpool on sunday to suggest they can turn things around.

We are heading for 10 months without an away win. We have never been this bad under Poch and I've never seen a manager turn things around when they've reached this point. We could be 1 point above the relegation zone if we lose the next game.

If we need at least 70 points to reach top 4 then we need at least another 58 points, which means about 19 wins from 28. We have won 3 out of 10 so far. Our form shows no sign of improving, absolutely none. We couldn't even win a home game against the team bottom of the league. We cannot keep clean sheets and struggle to score more than one goal in a game. Most games, especially at home, we have only 2 or 3 shots on target.

We have good players, no doubt, but that is not enough reason to believe we can hit top 4. Chelsea had good players in Mourinho's second spell, but they still finished 10th in his last season before going on to win the league under a new manager. This team needs a fresh voice and some tough love from someone they don't know. It's the only way to turn it around.

Maybe the plan all along is just to keep spurs ticking over as a PL club and concentrate on making the NWHL a regular home for a NFL team

I doubt we’d have paid Poch 9M a year to do that and tried for three years to get Eriksen to commit, and pay Dele 100k a week and Kane 200k a week.

If that was the plan, we’d have just cashed in.
The only senior player we’ve lost in his prime in 5 years and 10 transfer windows is Walker.

The club went out of its way to keep the squad together and add quality when possible.
Poch pushed that mantra for years, right up until five weeks ago when he said he wanted two windows.
Which he then completely contradicted a week later and said “If it’s up to me I won’t sign anyone in January”

Total lack of clarity from the manager, about targets, squad, future of players, style of play, transfers.

No wonder the team is playing like headless chickens

And he’s been a decent caretaker manager with the Chavs

We just need someone to take over for the rest of the season imo
And then review it
But what would you expect Benitez to achieve as caretaker manager? When you say review it, would Benitez be considered for the permanent job?

Why do you think Poch’s decision to not sub Kane was vindicated?

I understand that he could have scored but more likely it would have come from a fit in form Lucas
Lucas came on, he was lively but didnt score. Kane is to us, what Ronaldo used to be to Brazil. What if he had subbed him and we managed to get penalties and he's not there to take one and we lose, he would have got shit. Whatever Poch's decision with Kane and Moura he was on a hiding to nothing.

We are heading for 10 months without an away win. We have never been this bad under Poch and I've never seen a manager turn things around when they've reached this point. We could be 1 point above the relegation zone if we lose the next game.

If we need at least 70 points to reach top 4 then we need at least another 58 points, which means about 19 wins from 28. We have won 3 out of 10 so far. Our form shows no sign of improving, absolutely none. We couldn't even win a home game against the team bottom of the league. We cannot keep clean sheets and struggle to score more than one goal in a game. Most games, especially at home, we have only 2 or 3 shots on target.

We have good players, no doubt, but that is not enough reason to believe we can hit top 4. Chelsea had good players in Mourinho's second spell, but they still finished 10th in his last season before going on to win the league under a new manager. This team needs a fresh voice and some tough love from someone they don't know. It's the only way to turn it around.
But I'm not expecting top 4, I'm just looking for us to improve our form and get the best out of this season.
Who do you think can come in and turn things around right now?

But I'm not expecting top 4, I'm just looking for us to improve our form and get the best out of this season.
Who do you think can come in and turn things around right now?

I think almost any manager could turn it around.

The manager we have now is just going through the motions, a lot of people deluded themselves into thinking that the Belgrade game was him being ruthless and dropping Rose, Toby and Eriksen for their shit form and desire to leave but it was just his typical squad rotation.

He's managing the team as if we are racking up points and his pecking order reflect results, well it doesn't. Our results have been shit with those 3 in the team and it's time to put our trust in other, hungrier players. If Poch had started the same XI against Liverpool as the Belgrade game, it would have restored some of my confidence in him, no matter the result. Instead he went straight back to his old favourites and we lost once again.

Why is he still picking those 3 players? The only defense would be if we were winning games but we aren't, so why are they still playing? Most managers do not reward players for playing badly, not when the squad is as strong as ours and the players in question have been so clear that they no longer wish to play for Tottenham. Is there another manager in the world who would have started Eriksen in that game?

Back
Top Bottom