The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
For us.
But if you don't think we can win against Everton, Westham, Sheff United or Bournemouth then I can understand why things look very bleak for you, I don't feel the same way they are all tough games but I do feel we can win them or be unbeaten in that run.

Why are you so sure? We lost to Brighton and drew at home to Watford very recently. What makes you think we will win the next four? We certainly won’t if he picks the wrong team and refuses to change things if it is not working out until 75 mins like he usually does

Why are you so sure? We lost to Brighton and drew at home to Watford very recently. What makes you think we will win the next four? We certainly won’t if he picks the wrong team and refuses to change things if it is not working out until 75 mins like he usually does
I never said we will win, I'm saying they are winnable games and I'm obviously hoping that we do win them or at least put an unbeaten run together. I think we have a side capable of doing that.

It's not one is a world class player with prem experience the other is not.
And being injured doesn’t make a difference due to talent
I am comparing their injury situations.
You saying Kane is world class has about as much relevance to saying Kane is a striker.

He's our best player though.
When fit and in form.
He was our worst player in the final so your point is shit.

He failed to get the best out of the players, Liverpool were there for the taking but we looked lacklustre. That was final we could and should have won.
So not the window then

So Moura is NOT better than Kane then?
A fit and in form Moura is a better option than an out of form injured Kane.
On Sunday, Kane was fit and in form.
Moura should have also played, just instead of Dele or Eriksen on Sunday.

You seem to think because both games were against Liverpool it means the circumstances were identical.

Laughable

Wasting your time, hes already claimed relegation is ok and he´d still back Poch

And being injured doesn’t make a difference due to talent
I am comparing their injury situations.
You saying Kane is world class has about as much relevance to saying Kane is a striker.
It has every relevance as I explained it's worth taking a risk with a world class player in the biggest game in the clubs history.
When fit and in form.
He was our worst player in the final so your point is shit.
The point is you agree that he is a better player than Moura. He past a fitness test, he's a guy that scores goal even when he isn't playing well.

So not the window then
Already covered that previously my view hasn't changed

A fit and in form Moura is a better option than an out of form injured Kane.
On Sunday, Kane was fit and in form.
Moura should have also played, just instead of Dele or Eriksen on Sunday.

You seem to think because both games were against Liverpool it means the circumstances were identical.

Laughable

A unfit and out of form Kane still has a better chance of scoring than an in form Moura in my view. I wouldn't have blamed him for playing Moura I would have supported it but I support the decision to play Kane as well.

For us.
But if you don't think we can win against Everton, Westham, Sheff United or Bournemouth then I can understand why things look very bleak for you, I don't feel the same way they are all tough games but I do feel we can win them or be unbeaten in that run.

I'm not trying to be snide, but could you please tell me why you think we'll go unbeaten through November?

Genuinely can't see where the next win is coming from, so I'm honestly interested to hear what your belief is based on.

I believe our players playing to the best of their abilities walk through all of the above. Unfortunately, this hasn't happened for quite some time. Curious as to what you've seen that makes you think we won't lose at all next month?

For us.

Genuine question - why do you think we’re looking good to win those?

Have you been watching us? We’re fucking awful. We haven’t won away since January...and you think we’re going to waltz into Goodison Park and the dickheads cup final, and take three points?

I get that the serial moaners are annoying but this sort of blind faith is just as ridiculous.

Backing the manager that takes from top 4 and a CL final to the championship in 9 months, is the same as saying its acceptable.
We're mid table and we're not even halfway through the season yet. I never said ANYTHING about relegation being ok.

It has every relevance as I explained it's worth taking a risk with a world class player in the biggest game in the clubs history.

The point is you agree that he is a better player than Moura. He past a fitness test, he's a guy that scores goal even when he isn't playing well.

Already covered that previously my view hasn't changed

A unfit and out of form Kane still has a better chance of scoring than an in form Moura in my view. I wouldn't have blamed him for playing Moura I would have supported it but I support the decision to play Kane as well.

Do you think Kane played well in the final?
Do you think Pochs decision was vindicated?
Do you think he should have been subbed off?

I'm not trying to be snide, but could you please tell me why you think we'll go unbeaten through November?

Genuinely can't see where the next win is coming from, so I'm honestly interested to hear what your belief is based on.

I believe our players playing to the best of their abilities walk through all of the above. Unfortunately, this hasn't happened for quite some time. Curious as to what you've seen that makes you think we won't lose at all next month?
It's based on the fact that this side has proved me wrong several times before. I didn't think we would get top 4 last season, we did.
I didn't think we would get top four the season before that, we did.
I didn't think we would beat City in the CL, we did.
I didn't think we would beat Ajax once we went 2-0 down, we did.

I saw enough fight against Liverpool on sunday to suggest they can turn things around.

We're mid table and we're not even halfway through the season yet. I never said ANYTHING about relegation being ok.
You said youd "stick with him and give him a chance" (exact words) if he took us down.
Just because say you dont think its ok, supporting him in situation makes it ok.

You said youd "stick with him and give him a chance" (exact words) if he took us down.
Just because say you dont think its ok, supporting him in situation makes it ok.
Right so you admitted I didn't say it was ok, I hope you stop saying I said it was ok.
I choose to keep supporting him because I believe in his ability if you want to criticise me for that then fine but stop saying I said relegation is ok because I haven't.

So Kane didnt play well, he wasnt subbed off when you think he should have been. but Poch was still right.

Goodnight son
I didnt say he should have been subbed I would have kept on simply because we needed a goal and like I said even a Kane not in form can get a goal.

Let's be honest. When he picked that cl team and dropped Moura after scoring a fucking hattrick in the cl semi final that was the beginning of the end. It is decisions like that which end careers. His team selections this season have become indefensible. This weekend was the last straw for me. How are alli, eriksen, rose, winks anywhere near the first team.

We broke our transfer record to sign ndombele, you've got lo celso who needs games and most shocking of all moura getting a maximum of 10mins per game.

I have given pochettino a lot of credit in the past but I want him out now before it becomes impossible for us to finish top 4.

Yes. We're going over old ground but the decision to select Kane for the European Cup Final was the end. I lost all faith in Pochettino after that. It wasn't even a gamble, it was a decision that was doomed to failure. Said it before that final, it was madness, Kane was always the type of player who needs a run of games under his belt to find form. We see it every time he comes back from injury or that old stat that was around for years, that he never scores in August. Certain players can hit the ground running, the minute they comeback from injury. Harry is not one of those. Seven weeks out and he's expected to hit the ground running against a beast like Van Dyjk. We had all the momentum going into that final, name on the Cup sort of run to get there, Bin Dippers on a downer after not winning the league with 97 points and we toss it all away with a selection blunder of that magnitude. Giving away a penalty inside a minute merely confirmed it.

I did have my doubts over the years after what transpired in a lot of big matches - selecting Vorm for the 2018 FA Cup semi final against Man U, selecting Son as a full back/wing back for Cup semi against Chelsea in 2017.

There's merit in all the comments about our net spend, the resources of our better funded big rivals, but sometimes you just got to focus on what you have, grab the bull by the horns and get it done. Leicester City managed to win a league and with the players we had, a back five of Hugo, Walker, Rose, Toby & Jan that for two seasons conceded fewest goals in the league & Dembele, Eriksen, Son, Dele & Harry in his pomp, we should have won plenty of trophies. I'm pretty sure a hard nosed elite manager like an Ancelotti, Conte, Mourinho or Simeone would have delivered. Pochettino is nowhere near that sort of company.

We're a rabble now. If Pochettino is left there much longer, its not an elite end manager we'll be looking for, it'll be Big Sam to keep us up.

Back
Top Bottom