The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Ledley was managing a knee injury, which he actually goy on his debut.
And? He was still match fit every time he played. When he wasnt fit, he didnt play.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Moura starts we still lose what then?

Then we lost playing our strongets team at the time

Liverpool fear Moura more than Kane? er yeah right.
When Kane was injured and woeful yes.

Would you like to disagree with that?
You said hindsight was wonderful. You said Poch ciost us the game.

But you are defending Kanes inclusion over Moura still. Hollow, meaningless critique

Excellent post mate. Perfectly sums up how I feel too. I hope this doesn’t become too toxic now and our fan base start behaving like that lot down the road..

With CL football looking more of a distant prospect with every passing week Levy’s finger must be hovering on the trigger.

It’s not that Levy or the players (snide, snivelling cowards that some of them are) aren’t in some way culpable BUT the manager is responsible for team selection, squad harmony, tactics and style, motivation, in-game decisions - & this, from the outside looking in, has all been sorely lacking for well over a year now. Add to this our recent failures to win when it matters most, his blatant flirting with RM/ManU and increasingly barmy press conferences then I’m afraid this narrative writes itself..
Agreed. But sadly, Levy's finger is only hovering because he's worried about losing revenue. Not because he's worried about the team per se. And that's what upsets me the most.

And? He was still match fit every time he played. When he wasnt fit, he didnt play.
And he didn't play all the time because of his knee injury. Even when he played he did so with an injury.

Then we lost playing our strongets team at the time
Strongest team in your eyes.
When Kane was injured and woeful yes.

Would you like to disagree with that?
You said hindsight was wonderful. You said Poch ciost us the game.

But you are defending Kanes inclusion over Moura still. Hollow, meaningless critique
I'd like to disagree that Liverpool fear Moura more than Kane.
Yes because I understand the decision, it wasn't easy to make.

What can we do with players won't renew their contracts? Freeze them out?
As I said in my post Eriksen was a definite exception but I have no idea just how seriously we took the threat of the others leaving when trying to negotiate new contracts. I'm sure Daniel would have played hardball and perhaps that has now come back to haunt him.
With regard to November you may well be right, time will tell, but Poch needs to be a little more flexible regarding players and proactive substitutions if this ship is to turn around.

Our position is 11th after 10 games and still in with a shot of going through the CL group stages. The games in November are very winnable.
I think you've make a lot of valid points over time, I really do and I certainly don't want to come between you and Sammy, BUT, I can't believe someone who usually shows good judgment can possibly think we are capable of reaching the top 4 in our present state.

Allegri is not realistic Benitez is, Benitez got hammered by many Liverpool fans at times for his brand of football, I also can't see him working well with Levy. Rodgers is not a step up in my view or on Poch's level. At least with Benetiz he's won the CL so he knows how to win.
Can't see anyone working well with Levy.

I think you've make a lot of valid points over time, I really do and I certainly don't want to come between you and Sammy, BUT, I can't believe someone who usually shows good judgment can possibly think we are capable of reaching the top 4 in our present state.
I think we will miss out on top 4 this season, I never said we would make it, even though it's mathematically possible.

Massive overachievement?

Losing the title to Leicester and finishing 3rd after capitulating a 13pt lead to arse when Kane, Eriksen, Dele, Walker, Rose, Dembele, Toby and Jan were all considered world class?

Losing five semi finals and 2 finals and constantly experimenting in these games and playing unfit players etc

What fucking achievement?
Top 4 trophy is not a trophy for us anymore than it was for Wenger....we’ve won NOTHING, and have barely played 10 excellent 90 minute games in 3 years.

He’s done the bare minimum if you look at it without the soppy emotional “I love him” bollocks.

You’ve been had proper, like the rest of them.....it’s become blatantly obvious that the squad was carrying Poch and not the other way around.
He was the one punching above his weight, not that we were lucky to have him.

It all clicked, but when his credentials were truly tested when the team started getting found out, his new way failed massively and he has fuck all idea how to fix it.

Throwing players up front like it his name was Fat Sam.....
more attackers = more goals!!!!

:freundgoal:

Benching the new breed and playing the same players that still aren’t performing.....taking off the RB and chucking in AMs with minutes left like coins into a wishing well.
That’s his only “plan b”.....hoping the players he DOESNT RATE are suddenly good enough to change a game in 2 minutes.

The man has been managing since 2009, and being top 4 four times is a fucking miracle?
450M spent on 27 players in five years and the 5th highest paid manager in Europe and cunts crying like he’s Oliver Twist.

Jog the fuck on, the man is taking the piss out of you, and you want to give him 22 new players and another 5 years to fuck that up too?

Mugs

Post of the Year

And he didn't play all the time because of his knee injury. Even when he played he did so with an injury.
Stop being a dick.
Let’s compare something that’s actually comparably shall we.

Like Lo Celso not being fit but Kane being considered being fit in the final.

Being world class doesn’t make you fit.
Strongest team in your eyes.
Based on how we beat City and Ajax over 4 games scoring seven goals without Kane.

It’s fucking hilarious to see people like you crying about the 18 window, then lauding not using the squad.

'd like to disagree that Liverpool fear Moura more than Kane.
Yes because I understand the decision, it wasn't easy to make.

An injured and woeful Kane, against an in form Moura who had just destroyed Ajax three weeks ago?
Would you like to disagree with that exact statement. Word for word, and not cut it off.

Would they fear Kane more if he had one leg too? You think a name scares them?

Wasn’t their squad vastly superior?
World class CBs?
World class Full Backs?

But they shit their pants because an injured player was starting his first game in 10 weeks?
And after 45 minutes he hadn’t touched the ball and they were still shitting their pants right up until the final whistle went and he had made 1 shot in 90 minutes.
Moura managed 2 in 20 minutes by the way.

Last edited:
Let's be honest. When he picked that cl team and dropped Moura after scoring a fucking hattrick in the cl semi final that was the beginning of the end. It is decisions like that which end careers. His team selections this season have become indefensible. This weekend was the last straw for me. How are alli, eriksen, rose, winks anywhere near the first team.

We broke our transfer record to sign ndombele, you've got lo celso who needs games and most shocking of all moura getting a maximum of 10mins per game.

I have given pochettino a lot of credit in the past but I want him out now before it becomes impossible for us to finish top 4.

Stop being a dick.
Let’s compare something that’s actually comparably shall we.

Like Lo Celso not being fit but Kane being considered being fit in the final.

Being world class doesn’t make you fit.

They aren't comparable one is world class and one isnt. A half fit Kane is still better than a lot of players
Based on how we beat City and Ajax over 4 games scoring seven goals without Kane.

It’s fucking hilarious to see people like you crying about the 18 window, then lauding not using the squad.
So we should have used Moura and not Kane on Sunday against Liverpool?

Any injured and woeful Kane, against an in form Moura who had just destroyed Ajax three weeks ago?
Would you like to disagree with that exact statement. Word for word, and not cut it off.

Would they fear Kane more if he had one leg too? You think a name scares them?

Wasn’t their squad vastly superior?
World class CBs?
World class Full Backs?

But they shut their pants because an injured player was starting his first game in 10 weeks?
And after 45 minutes he hadn’t touched the ball and they were still shitting their pants right up until the final whistle went and he had made 1 shot in 90 minutes.
Moura managed 2 in 20 minutes by the way.
I think Kane's world class ability scares them. I think his 129 goals in 187 appearances scares them a lot.lot more than Moura.

Let's be honest. When he picked that cl team and dropped Moura after scoring a fucking hattrick in the cl semi final that was the beginning of the end. It is decisions like that which end careers. His team selections this season have become indefensible. This weekend was the last straw for me. How are alli, eriksen, rose, winks anywhere near the first team.

We broke our transfer record to sign ndombele, you've got lo celso who needs games and most shocking of all moura getting a maximum of 10mins per game.

I have given pochettino a lot of credit in the past but I want him out now before it becomes impossible for us to finish top 4.
To be replaced by whom?

They aren't comparable one is world class and one isnt. A half fit Kane is still better than a lot of players
The situation is comparable.
Kane was absolutely woeful in the final, yet wasnt subbed. Even if you condone starting him, you cant condone him getrting 90 minutes.

He was not better than Moura even in just 20 minutes when he came on, or Moura in the semi, or Llorente in the semi or quarters.
Your "point" is a load of shit, because Kane didnt play well.

What exactly is it you think Poch got worng in the final?

So we should have used Moura and not Kane on Sunday against Liverpool?
Kane is fit now, and he´s also match fit and has been playing games for three straigh minths.
So he should have started on Sunday

I think Kane's world class ability scares them. I think his 129 goals in 187 appearances scares them a lot.lot more than Moura.
But it DIDNT

Our position is 11th after 10 games and still in with a shot of going through the CL group stages. The games in November are very winnable.

The games in November are very winnable? For who?

Have you watched us play football in the last 9 months?

Everton & West Ham away are not what I'd call 'very winnable' at the best of times, and I wouldn't put a penny on us against Sheff United or Bournemouth in our current state.

Carry on like this, and the league table will look a lot more fucking bleak come 1st December, with United away on the 4th Dec.

The situation is comparable.
It's not one is a world class player with prem experience the other is not.
Kane was absolutely woeful in the final, yet wasnt subbed. Even if you condone starting him, you cant condone him getrting 90 minutes.
Yes I can, we behind early on and need to get goals
He was not better than Moura even in just 20 minutes when he came on, or Moura in the semi, or Llorente in the semi or quarters.
Your "point" is a load of shit, because Kane didnt play well.
He's our best player though.
What exactly is it you think Poch got worng in the final?
He failed to get the best out of the players, Liverpool were there for the taking but we looked lacklustre. That was final we could and should have won.
Kane is fit now, and he´s also match fit and has been playing games for three straigh minths.
So he should have started on Sunday

But it DIDNT
So Moura is NOT better than Kane then?

The games in November are very winnable? For who?

Have you watched us play football in the last 9 months?

Everton & West Ham away are not what I'd call 'very winnable' at the best of times, and I wouldn't put a penny on us against Sheff United or Bournemouth in our current state.

Carry on like this, and the league table will look a lot more fucking bleak come 1st December, with United away on the 4th Dec.
For us.
But if you don't think we can win against Everton, Westham, Sheff United or Bournemouth then I can understand why things look very bleak for you, I don't feel the same way they are all tough games but I do feel we can win them or be unbeaten in that run.

Back
Top Bottom