The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
We started an injured striker in his first game back from a 10 week injury.
That’s the managers fault.
Kane is a world class striker, if he had left him out he would have got shit for that too.
It’s quite absurd that you think losing to Liverpool means the window was poor, even though the bavkcame through and much sterner test in the 4 games against City and Ajax.
Then the manager drops the back up, and plays the injured first choice striker and our first shot on target comes in the 86th minute at 2-0 down.

You’re talking shit pal. You know it, I know it.
That's another lie.

Kane is a world class striker, if he had left him out he would have got shit for that too.
He was injured. So no

That's another lie.
Yet up until today, you havent once blamed Poch for losing the CL final.
You said it was a miracle and an acheivement we got there.

You never wanted to talke about the actual final. Only "getting there".....avoiding talking about the game and its in game managment like herpes

How can you say that Poch is a good manager NOW??

He is abysmal
I can say that very easily, 10 prem games is not proof as far as I'm concerned that he is a abysmal manager.
When did he become abysmal in your eyes?

A lot worse than this.
I'm a realist I don't expect us to qualify for the CL every single year, there will be times when we miss out
He chose to keep things tight rather than go for it, I can see the thinking behind that it's not my preference.

This is not about us not reaching the CL - as you said, realistically speaking, we shouldn't expect to make it there every year. And it's not about our horrible start in the league... it's about all the things that have gotten us into this position. The fact that we're in this situation mainly because of Poch is condemning. The fact that he shows no signs that he can address these issues, yet alone address his failings over the years (that arguably led to us not winning some big games)... these are good enough reasons why he should get the sack.

I can say that very easily, 10 prem games is not proof as far as I'm concerned that he is a abysmal manager.
With due respect it's not ten games we are looking at, it's ten months since we won away. This slide didn't begin start of this season but at the end of last.

He was injured. So no
He was fit enough to play and Poc took a chance
Yet up until today, you havent once blamed Poch for losing the CL final.
You said it was a miracle and an acheivement we got there.

You never wanted to talke about the actual final. Only "getting there".....avoiding talking about the game and its in game managment like herpes
That doesn't have anything to do with the lie you told in your previous post. It's obvious that Poch must take some blame for losing, I wouldn't have thought it needs explaining really.

With due respect it's not ten games we are looking at, it's ten months since we won away. This slide didn't begin start of this season but at the end of last.
But even with that the results were still good enough to get us top 4 nobody that im aware called for his sacking before the CL final.

He was fit enough to play and Poc took a chance
Poch took the cowardly choice, it back fired, and he still bottled subbing of Kane when it was apparent he was nowhere near match fit.

Funny how Lo Celso still isn’t ready but Kane was ready.

That doesn't have anything to do with the lie you told in your previous post. It's obvious that Poch must take some blame for losing, I wouldn't have thought it needs explaining really.
It’s got everything to do with it, because before about an hour ago, you never held Poch responsible for the defeat.

This is not about us not reaching the CL - as you said, realistically speaking, we shouldn't expect to make it there every year. And it's not about our horrible start in the league... it's about all the things that have gotten us into this position. The fact that we're in this situation mainly because of Poch is condemning. The fact that he shows no signs that he can address these issues, yet alone address his failings over the years (that arguably led to us not winning some big games)... these are good enough reasons why he should get the sack.
Our position is 11th after 10 games and still in with a shot of going through the CL group stages. The games in November are very winnable.

Our last decent convincing performance imv was away to Everton last December

If course I loved our run up to the CL final but like a few others I thought it papered over the cracks

I defended his decision to start Kane in that final as it’s easy with hindsight but it was wrong and he can’t get it right every game but I’m fed up with the same shit and the same excuses

I was hoping that he would reflect over the Summer and things would change this season but they haven’t

There’s been too many piss poor performances and poor tactics and poor team selections and that’s solely down to Poch
Blame Levy all you like and he hasn’t helped tbf but imv the sooner Poch goes the better

Poch took the cowardly choice, it back fired, and he still bottled subbing of Kane when it was apparent he was nowhere near match fit.

Funny how Lo Celso still isn’t ready but Kane was ready.
Kane is world class with prem experience Lo Celso is not.

It’s got everything to do with it, because before about an hour ago, you never held Poch responsible for the defeat.
More lies.
I said this earlier this month.

Some people say let's bring in a new manager then we'll see what Levy's ambition is.

ONE league cup in NINETEEN years, that tells it's own story. The era where we could have won trophies is over.

The players have failed.

Poch has failed

Levy and ENIC have failed.

Get in a new manager, might have a little spike before he realises he can't make copper into gold, gets sacked and the circle continues.

We are a successful business, with a good training ground and a good stadium. We won't go bankrupt but we won't win the league or even be a cup side like we were in the past.
There it is, I have blamed in for a lack of trophies including obviously the CL. Never did I once say he WASN'T responsible.

Our last decent convincing performance imv was away to Everton last December

If course I loved our run up to the CL final but like a few others I thought it papered over the cracks

I defended his decision to start Kane in that final as it’s easy with hindsight but it was wrong and he can’t get it right every game but I’m fed up with the same shit and the same excuses

I was hoping that he would reflect over the Summer and things would change this season but they haven’t

There’s been too many piss poor performances and poor tactics and poor team selections and that’s solely down to Poch
Blame Levy all you like and he hasn’t helped tbf but imv the sooner Poch goes the better
But did you think he was a abysmal manager on the day of the final?

You may want him out, like I do, but calling him a fraud and things on that line after all these years of quality is nothing short of absurd. The time is up but please respect what he did. Way more good than bad.

Kane is world class with prem experience Lo Celso is not.
And he was injured so it makes no difference
It was a bad call.

There it is, I have blamed in for a lack of trophies including obviously the CL. Never did I once say he WASN'T responsible.
Yet you are here in this very same post condoning his use of an injured player and dropping the hat trick hero from the semi

And like I said, you have never mention his part in the CL final before today, other than lauding it

Our position is 11th after 10 games and still in with a shot of going through the CL group stages. The games in November are very winnable.

And I agree there's no reason to panic solely based on our position in the league. As I mentioned, it's about what led us into this position that is worrying... the game against Watford was also winnable, but we put on a shitshow... and there are no signs to point out that we can get things sorted out at the moment.

I don't believe in Poch anymore because he showed that he doesn't have the answers. I doubt he will. If by any chance he performs a miracle and makes us play quality football again, while also showing that he was able to learn from his mistakes and adapt, I will have no problem in admitting I was wrong about him. At the moment though, he's not doing himself any favors.

Back
Top Bottom