The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
And he was injured so it makes no difference
It was a bad call.
It makes a big difference when it comes to world class quality players you take the risk, hell Ledley would have played a lot less games if we only looked to play him when he was fully fit.

Yet you are here in this very same post condoning his use of an injured player and dropping the hat trick hero from the semi
Yep because I explained Kane is world class. It was a hard decision either way if it didnt work out he would have got shit.

But did you think he was a abysmal manager on the day of the final?

Yes for leaving Kane on when it was clear after 30 mins that he wasn’t fit

Im assuming you mean during and after the game because before I didn’t agree with the decision to play Kane over Lucas but hoped for the best

Yes for leaving Kane on when it was clear after 30 mins that he wasn’t fit

Im assuming you mean during and after the game because before I didn’t agree with the decision to play Kane over Lucas but hoped for the best
I mean before the final started did you think he was abysmal manager?

And I agree there's no reason to panic solely based on our position in the league. As I mentioned, it's about what led us into this position that is worrying... the game against Watford was also winnable, but we put on a shitshow... and there are no signs to point out that we can get things sorted out at the moment.

I don't believe in Poch anymore because he showed that he doesn't have the answers. I doubt he will. If by any chance he performs a miracle and makes us play quality football again, while also showing that he was able to learn from his mistakes and adapt, I will have no problem in admitting I was wrong about him. At the moment though, he's not doing himself any favors.
Who would you like to see take his place?

It makes a big difference when it comes to world class quality players you take the risk, hell Ledley would have played a lot less games if we only looked to play him when he was fully fit.

Ledley was managing a disibility, and was match fit.
Kane was out of form before the injury, out for ten weeks, not match fit, and woeful.

At the very least he should have been subbed after half an hour.

A game of this magnitude, and Poch does what he always does. Sit on his hands, waiting to lose, like a bottle job.

Yep because I explained Kane is world class. It was a hard decision either way if it didnt work out he would have got shit.
It wasnt a hard decision. He wasnt fit, so the game plan should have evolved around his use later on.
Poch didnt have the nouse to think outside of "Harry Kane, Dele, Eriksen must play every game"

Piss poor....Liverpool were nervy, but couldnt believe their luck Moura wasnt on

I mean before the final started did you think he was abysmal manager?

Perhaps not but I was extremely concerned with defeats at Southampton, Burnley and losing at home to the Spam etc
Going out of the FA Cup to Palace without so much as a whimper

Who would you like to see take his place?

First of all, if he's to be sacked during the season (which seems very likely), we wouldn't have too many options. Of course, some would say that in this case we should just give him time until the end of the season, but I believe we're reaching a point where a caretaker would be a better option. Regardless, we have Mourinho and Allegri still available at this time, but I wouldn't want Mourinho. I'd take Allegri in a heartbeat if we could get him though.

If we'd have to wait until the summer, Benitez would be a very good option in my opinion and to a certain extent Rodgers, although the way he left Celtic showed just how disloyal he can be.

So in short, my first choice would be Allegri, followed by Benitez. This is the direct answer to your question. It's not up to me to pick the coach and there's no guarantee who we'll end up with.

How can you say that Poch is a good manager NOW??

He is abysmal
I think Poch has proved he is a good manager. And he'll prove it again in his next job.

However, I think most would agree he's performing poorly now, and has been since February.
But the reason he's lost his motivation and his magic is not because he's a shite manager, its because his trust and confidence in his chairman was broken and shattered beyond repair.
When Poch wanted to seize the moment, wanted the club to be brave and grasp the opportunity before it, Levy did the exact opposite and did absolutely nothing.

I blame Levy for failing to support our most promising manager in a generation, depite him exceeding all his goals and expectations ahead of schedule.

I blame Pochettino for digging his heals in to the to the long term detriment of the team.
For his own career he should have resigned after the CL final.

Whatever the outcome, it'll take years to get back to the position we were in 18 months ago.
And however you look at it, the reason for that starts at the top

Ledley was managing a disibility, and was match fit.
Kane was out of form before the injury, out for ten weeks, not match fit, and woeful.

At the very leats he should have been subbed after half an hour.

A game of this magnitude, and Poch does what he always does. Sit on his hands, waiting to lose, like a botlle job.
Ledley was managing a knee injury, which he actually goy on his debut.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Moura starts we still lose what then?

Sits on his hands like he did against Ajax?
It wasnt a hard decision. He wasnt fit, so the game plan should have evolved around his use later on.
Poch didnt have the nouse to think outside of "Harry Kane, Dele, Eriksen must play every game"

Piss poor....Liverpool were nervy, but couldnt believe their luck Moura wasnt on

Liverpool fear Moura more than Kane? er yeah right.

I think Poch has proved he is a good manager. And he'll prove it again in his next job.

However, I think most would agree he's performing poorly now, and has been since February.
But the reason he's lost his motivation and his magic is not because he's a shite manager, its because his trust and confidence in his chairman was broken and shattered beyond repair.
When Poch wanted to seize the moment, wanted the club to be brave and grasp the opportunity before it, Levy did the exact opposite and did absolutely nothing.

I blame Levy for failing to support our most promising manager in a generation, depite him exceeding all his goals and expectations ahead of schedule.

I blame Pochettino for digging his heals in to the to the long term detriment of the team.

Whatever the outcome, it'll take years to get back to the position we were in 18 months ago.

I agree with your first paragraph but we’ve all heard the rest before and I’ve conceded that Levy hasn’t helped but that doesn’t explain Poch making bizarre team selections, tactics and substitutions
That’s down to him

Agreed and yes it will take years to have any chance of getting back amongst it not sure Kane will stick around that long for only a sniff of hope, real opportunity missed again (should be the club motto ) but with the owners we have nothing is going to get fast tracked.

Ledley was managing a knee injury, which he actually goy on his debut.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Moura starts we still lose what then?

Sits on his hands like he did against Ajax?

Liverpool fear Moura more than Kane? er yeah right.

Perhaps a bit significant that we had gone on a good run with Sonny up top while Kane was injured only to lose to Burnley on his return despite him scoring a good goal
My point being that Kane hadn’t fully recovered from his injury and was rushed back by Poch too soon similar to Dele

First of all, if he's to be sacked during the season (which seems very likely), we wouldn't have too many options. Of course, some would say that in this case we should just give him time until the end of the season, but I believe we're reaching a point where a caretaker would be a better option. Regardless, we have Mourinho and Allegri still available at this time, but I wouldn't want Mourinho. I'd take Allegri in a heartbeat if we could get him though.

If we'd have to wait until the summer, Benitez would be a very good option in my opinion and to a certain extent Rodgers, although the way he left Celtic showed just how disloyal he can be.

So in short, my first choice would be Allegri, followed by Benitez. This is the direct answer to your question. It's not up to me to pick the coach and there's no guarantee who we'll end up with.
Allegri is not realistic Benitez is, Benitez got hammered by many Liverpool fans at times for his brand of football, I also can't see him working well with Levy. Rodgers is not a step up in my view or on Poch's level. At least with Benetiz he's won the CL so he knows how to win.

But even with that the results were still good enough to get us top 4 nobody that im aware called for his sacking before the CL final.
The results in the first half of last season helped us to reach a level that managed to 'contain' the slide downwards which then followed. There were some very unexpected results from our rivals that combined with that and allowed us to make fourth spot by the skin of our teeth.

That should have been a clear warning that things needed to change (and I am not necessarily meaning Poch). The contract situations with many players should have been addressed more seriously although I fully accept Eriksen was determined to go no matter how hard we tried to keep him.

I don't know if it was an attitude of "Ahhh it'll be alright" or just plainly ignoring the problems that so obviously lay ahead. Signings have been made but not fully utilised and the team selection at the moment beggars belief. I do not enjoy seeing my club in this position, it hurts deeply, but I am also frustrated and angered by Poch's rigid stance on tactics, players and constant confusing dialogue with the media when he is not compelled in any way to do so.

I just personally feel it would be in the best interests of all parties if he relinquished his post once Daniel has had the opportunity of interviewing and finding what he considers to be a suitable replacement. Whether that's a resignation or a golden handshake it needs to be done asap.

Even the Woolwich scum writer is getting in on the "fun"

How great is it going to be when Parrot and Skipp are starting, but Ndombele & Lo Celso are still on the bench ?

Perhaps a bit significant that we had gone on a good run with Sonny up top while Kane was injured only to lose to Burnley on his return despite him scoring a good goal
My point being that Kane hadn’t fully recovered from his injury and was rushed back by Poch too soon similar to Dele
Kane was rushed back because he's so important to the side. I love Son he's a superb player and a great back up striker. But we've been searching specifically for back up for Kane for sometime and been unsuccessful.

Allegri is not realistic Benitez is, Benitez got hammered by many Liverpool fans at times for his brand of football, I also can't see him working well with Levy. Rodgers is not a step up in my view or on Poch's level. At least with Benetiz he's won the CL so he knows how to win.

I somehow don't believe Allegri is realistic either, hence the nature of my answer. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes... maybe he has his mind set for a different club (Manure would be a possibility) and it might also be that Levy doesn't see him as an option.

In any case, I wouldn't want an Eddie Howe type of coach. We are at the stage where we need a proven winner.

Even the Woolwich scum writer is getting in on the "fun"

How great is it going to be when Parrot and Skipp are starting, but Ndombele & Lo Celso are still on the bench ?

Sorry I don't see this as a bad thing, I wanted this for sometime. They are two young exciting talents and we need competition in the squad.

The results in the first half of last season helped us to reach a level that managed to 'contain' the slide downwards which then followed. There were some very unexpected results from our rivals that combined with that and allowed us to make fourth spot by the skin of our teeth.

That should have been a clear warning that things needed to change (and I am not necessarily meaning Poch). The contract situations with many players should have been addressed more seriously although I fully accept Eriksen was determined to go no matter how hard we tried to keep him.

I don't know if it was an attitude of "Ahhh it'll be alright" or just plainly ignoring the problems that so obviously lay ahead. Signings have been made but not fully utilised and the team selection at the moment beggars belief. I do not enjoy seeing my club in this position, it hurts deeply, but I am also frustrated and angered by Poch's rigid stance on tactics, players and constant confusing dialogue with the media when he is not compelled in any way to do so.

I just personally feel it would be in the best interests of all parties if he relinquished his post once Daniel has had the opportunity of interviewing and finding what he considers to be a suitable replacement. Whether that's a resignation or a golden handshake it needs to be done asap.
What can we do with players won't renew their contracts? Freeze them out? The new signings well Poch isn't going to rush those. Could a Mourhino or Benitez get more out of them, perhaps, or they might just as easily ruin them.

Personally I don't see any realistic choices that can come in and do better and also work with Levy, long term. So I'm hoping that we tough this period out and start turning things around in November, if we win most or all of our games during November I'm sure the outlook will be different.

I somehow don't believe Allegri is realistic either, hence the nature of my answer. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes... maybe he has his mind set for a different club (Manure would be a possibility) and it might also be that Levy doesn't see him as an option.

In any case, I wouldn't want an Eddie Howe type of coach. We are at the stage where we need a proven winner.
That's probably who we'll get but you never know, we've had proven winners before in Ramos and AVB, the former got us our only trophy during ENIC''s reign but in the end they were both sacked.

Back
Top Bottom