The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Do I have to spell everything out for you? You had this issue the other day with my post because you completely missed the context when nobody else did.

I am talking about the football club when I say we, the club, the business.

I am not speaking for our fans I am not telling them what they can and cannot sing either, I am simply saying that in my opinion, it's weak to sing this song about the manager given our circumstances, it sends the message that we (as a football club) can't do better, that we (as a football club) are happy to accept regression.
No you don’t have to spell anything out for me - and please don’t patronise me. I’m sorry, but you did exactly this last time I pulled you up on something - I forget now - and you weaselled and backtracked until the point had been lost.

You said it was a problem that fans sing this song. Now you’re saying “I am simply saying that in my opinion, it's weak to sing this song about the manager given our circumstances.”

If you’d said that at the beginning (which you didn’t) we wouldn’t have wasted our time, because I have absolutely no problem at all with you thinking it’s weak. I don’t agree of course, but you said it was a problem to start with - now you’re saying it’s weak. Two entirely different things.

I suppose I just don't want to face the fact that Poch is not the man who is going to get our team playing exciting football and win a trophy or two. After the WHL Finale and the Ajax semi final, and he was as emotional as us, I really believed that he "got" what we're about.
He doesn't seem to be engaged with the team, and I'm now dreading every press conference as to what spiel he's going to come out with next.
I can't quite bring myself to changing to Poch Out as yet, as I don't want us getting on the Manager Roundabout, but I am getting close to it.
When I think about it, such a shame that Justin Edinburgh is no longer with us, as he would have been great for us.
I'm afraid that the club need a proven winner with a track of success not more managers who accept the "project" but ultimately win nothing but instead just tow the company line.
We may be heard for crunchy time with levy as well because this poor form cannot continue much longer which has been in existence since the start of last season, only to be covered up by our run to the final which had large dollops of luck considering we was outplayed over two legs by Ajax.
As usual nothing will happen because levy doesn't want to lose money on firing poch early but he must and needs to go now.

No you don’t have to spell anything out for me - and please don’t patronise me. I’m sorry, but you did exactly this last time I pulled you up on something - I forget now - and you weaselled and backtracked until the point had been lost.

You said it was a problem that fans sing this song. Now you’re saying “I am simply saying that in my opinion, it's weak to sing this song about the manager given our circumstances.”

If you’d said that at the beginning (which you didn’t) we wouldn’t have wasted our time, because I have absolutely no problem at all with you thinking it’s weak. I don’t agree of course, but you said it was a problem to start with - now you’re saying it’s weak. Two entirely different things.

This is EXACTLY what you did last time you argued with me for no reason lol, you are the one wasting time here, for what reason I do not know, I made it clear multiple times what I meant, I do think it's a problem that fans sing the song, the reason I think it's a problem is because I think it makes us look weak and it goes against the best interests of the club, I literally said that in my first response to you about this...

I don't think calling the manager magic is going to help anything, it sends the message that we are easy to please and that we have no problem with the current situation we are in, it's like if people were chanting for Eriksen to stay at this point, it's just weak, it makes us look small time imo, we lack the big club mentality as much in the stands as we do on the pitch, as a matter of fact many supporters still don't think we can do better than Poch so we should keep him, it blows my mind tbh.

So yes, I DID say that straight away, despite you saying otherwise.

You didn't "pull me up" on anything last time either btw, you misread what I wrote and took it out of context just like you're doing now and I had to go back and show you what I said numerous times and edit the original post just so you could understand it, either that or you did understand it as were just being pedantic.

You shouldn’t be judging Poch on getting a result at Goodison regardless.

The same people who are screaming loudest for him to be gone are the same ones who hated the thought of us letting go of the players he wanted out, the same players who are either in decline or not fully committed. A new manager may get a temporary bounce out of them, but long term the same issues are still there.

Also the Klopp comparisons are sickening me - how many of you were saying Klopp was clear of Poch when he was losing final after final, BEFORE he got to spend world record fees on a goalkeeper AND centre back, plus buying the most sort after DM on the market?!

On raw ability only 2 Spurs players are getting into that Liverpool team.

AFC Hindsight Rovers smh - as far as I’m concerned Poch is now a victim of his own massive overachievement, for me he has enough credit in the bank to be able to now spend (now the club is able sort of compete financially) and refresh this squad.
Massive overachievement?

Losing the title to Leicester and finishing 3rd after capitulating a 13pt lead to arse when Kane, Eriksen, Dele, Walker, Rose, Dembele, Toby and Jan were all considered world class?

Losing five semi finals and 2 finals and constantly experimenting in these games and playing unfit players etc

What fucking achievement?
Top 4 trophy is not a trophy for us anymore than it was for Wenger....we’ve won NOTHING, and have barely played 10 excellent 90 minute games in 3 years.

He’s done the bare minimum if you look at it without the soppy emotional “I love him” bollocks.

You’ve been had proper, like the rest of them.....it’s become blatantly obvious that the squad was carrying Poch and not the other way around.
He was the one punching above his weight, not that we were lucky to have him.

It all clicked, but when his credentials were truly tested when the team started getting found out, his new way failed massively and he has fuck all idea how to fix it.

Throwing players up front like it his name was Fat Sam.....
more attackers = more goals!!!!

:freundgoal:

Benching the new breed and playing the same players that still aren’t performing.....taking off the RB and chucking in AMs with minutes left like coins into a wishing well.
That’s his only “plan b”.....hoping the players he DOESNT RATE are suddenly good enough to change a game in 2 minutes.

The man has been managing since 2009, and being top 4 four times is a fucking miracle?
450M spent on 27 players in five years and the 5th highest paid manager in Europe and cunts crying like he’s Oliver Twist.

Jog the fuck on, the man is taking the piss out of you, and you want to give him 22 new players and another 5 years to fuck that up too?

Mugs

You don’t speak for them either, and it’s pretty arrogant to suggest that you do. Look - start a campaign or something. You seem to be quite passionate about this issue - arguing with me won’t change a bloody thing.

I am a supporter of the club, of course I fucking speak for it, we all do, that's my damn point, the club would be nothing without the supporters.

Singing a song praising a man who is sending the club backwards isn't my idea of being a good supporter of the football club, a good supporter of the manager maybe yeah but the football club? I don't think so, would be different if he was doing a good job, that's not being fickle either, that's the reality.

If I run a business and everyone in that business is doing a shit job and driving my business into the ground I am not going to go around telling them how fantastic they are am I? Maybe at the start I might in hope that with some positive words they could turn it around but 7 months down the line when they haven't learned a single thing and continue to make the same mistakes?

I have no idea why so many people are more attached to the manager than they seem to be to the club.

Yep. Now some are arguing our players as good as Liverpool so they expect us to do as well. Liverpool might even do better than city so it ends up with us needing to win the title. They get carried away.

We beat the treble winners you twat
With our back up
Over two legs

But the window lost the final?
Cunt

So we shouldn't be judging him if he doesn't get a result against a team that is doing even worse than us, with a squad worse than us, considering this is turning into a very important game? (a 6 pointer actually for those who see us facing relegation).

Ok, fine, let's not judge him for this, but can't we judge him for the horrendous form we had in this calendar year? Or for having no bottle and lacking the right tactics when we were close to winning trophies?

Poch made us better, I've said it before and I'm sticking to it. I wouldn't call it overachieving because others would have gotten top 4 with these players as well. Poch is mostly responsible for the way we're playing now though and has shown that he isn't capable of turning it around.

As for giving him another window to spend, he's already bought 3 highly rated players in the previous window and he's not using them.

If we beat Everton 5-0, I wonder if we are still not allowed to judge the manager

I have no idea why so many people are more attached to the manager than they seem to be to the club.

It’s got nothing to do with being attached to the manager. You think singing songs about the manager in the stadium is a problem? I think that’s daft. As for the other stuff, it’s just nonsense. Like I said, start a campaign or something - do something about it. What do you think you’re achieving here? And what about the many, many fans who would disagree with you? What about the people who think it might be damaging to the club to sack him now? Are they all idiots?

Now I honestly don’t give a fuck whether he stays or he goes, but I’ll support him till he’s gone, and then I’ll support the new bloke - that’s how it works for me. I find it easier that way - less ambiguous if you like.

I am a supporter of the club, of course I fucking speak for it, we all do, that's my damn point, the club would be nothing without the supporters.

There you go again. The second point doesn’t legitimise the first. Of course the club would be nothing without supporters, but that doesn’t mean you speak for the club any more than I do. We’re both just twats on a football forum - at least I realise that.

Now I don’t want to do this all night. We’ve both stated our views and as far as I’m concerned that’s the end of it.

Have a good evening.

Yeah, it'll be fucking Christmas.

Christmas? Jesus Christ I can deal with spurs being shit but the second I hear Noddy Holders voice.....

tumblr_lxup2lsKYj1qbbcazo1_5003.gif

Back
Top Bottom