The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Ding ding ding.

The problem was Poch has raised the expectations beyond our imagination. And just at the moment where he should get the benefit of the doubt and consistent backing to fix it, oh we should get rid. Fans can be as disloyal as anyone. If he spends a lot next summer and things are not improving, then give him the chop.

Putting the manager ahead of the club, again...

You're ignoring all the facts and all the evidence because you don't want to see Poch sacked, let's just call it what it is, waiting until next summer to give him the chop if we continue our current form? How's that going to work out? Please tell me? Because I don't know if you have noticed but over our past 22 matches, we have taken just 23 points, if that continues we are getting relegated, make no mistake about it whatsoever, will you be saying the same thing if that happens?

I don't know how you can say fans are disloyal either, especially considering people are still singing his name despite the above.

Also, your idea of him "spending a lot next summer" is delusional at best, Levy never has and never will "spend a lot" in the first place and as Poch is proving, when he does spend, it takes him years to get the players into the starting 11 anyway so if you think a spending spree next summer is going to fix things then I am sorry, it's just not going to happen.

It can go fast both ways, what if Davies, Ndombele, Lamela and possibly Lo Celso start and we win 1-3 at Goodison?

The people basing this on results haven't got a clue. The issue goes far deeper and a win against Everton fixes nothing.

Do I still believe that Poch can build a legacy, that he can lay the foundations down for the future and create a good squad? No.

Putting the manager ahead of the club, again...

You're ignoring all the facts and all the evidence because you don't want to see Poch sacked, let's just call it what it is, waiting until next summer to give him the chop if we continue our current form? How's that going to work out? Please tell me? Because I don't know if you have noticed but over our past 22 matches, we have taken just 23 points, if that continues we are getting relegated, make no mistake about it whatsoever, will you be saying the same thing if that happens?

I don't know how you can say fans are disloyal either, especially considering people are still singing his name despite the above.

Also, your idea of him "spending a lot next summer" is delusional at best, Levy never has and never will "spend a lot" in the first place and as Poch is proving, when he does spend, it takes him years to get the players into the starting 11 anyway so if you think a spending spree next summer is going to fix things then I am sorry, it's just not going to happen.

Didn’t levy commit to spending £120mil net this summer? That’s surely a sign things are changing.

If Poch is so bad who would have come to us and done a better job, considering the general neglect shown towards the football operation in recent seasons?

I have no personal loyalty to Poch, I’ve supported that sacking of many a spurs manager in the past.

He’s far from the biggest issue - previous lack of investment and players in decline and non commital are are biggest issues. Get them out (just like Poch wanted) and move forward.

#Don’tSellDannyRose
“Eriksen is our only creator”
“We need Dier back in DM”
“He’s crazy for dropping Toby/Jan”
“Wanyama was a beast in 16/17... if he can get back to that...”

People have too much loyalty to the players if anything.

Ding ding ding.

The problem was Poch has raised the expectations beyond our imagination. And just at the moment where he should get the benefit of the doubt and consistent backing to fix it, oh we should get rid. Fans can be as disloyal as anyone. If he spends a lot next summer and things are not improving, then give him the chop.
Yep. Now some are arguing our players as good as Liverpool so they expect us to do as well. Liverpool might even do better than city so it ends up with us needing to win the title. They get carried away.

Up to yesterday I believe we have lost 20 games in 2019. Have we EVER had more defeats in a 10 month period in our history ?

and if it’s 15 defeats from the last 31. Have we ever had such a long run of 1 in 2 games defeats?

Honestly, at what point do we panic when it’s worse now than at any point in our history, but we have better players than at any point in our recent history ?

Sure, if your idea of "support" means actively backing and rewarding a manager that's doing a terrible job just because it's a catchy jingle rather than thinking of the best interests of the club and showing the world and more importantly, the chairman, that we aren't content or happy with regressing.
How do you get from our travelling fans singing a song to “actively backing and rewarding the manager”? They’re fans - they sing songs at football matches - and yes, that is my idea of support. You don’t seem to realise that support is most needed in the bad times - in life as well as football - you know? When it’s difficult.

Anyone can support a winning team. It’s the easiest thing in the world, and how dare you criticise our fans who choose to support the team at the ground? Your position is indefensible. And when you say “we” who exactly do you mean by that? It doesn’t include me or the majority on this forum, or it seems the match going supporters.

Moan away in here all you want - you can’t do much damage, but to criticise supporters who vocally support the team/manager is beyond the pale. I honestly don’t believe you know what the word means.

Last edited:
Imho it's simple:
If current form persists he needs to go. Head over heart as we can't let him destroy our recent history of better league finishes and better league results. The tinkering of formation and personnel is always a sign he's on the way out.

If he can turn it around and get back to the formation and, crucially, the press he introduced when he arrived then he stays. It was successful nd it worked and, let's be honest, if we can get that bit of luck that all winning teams need, life will be peachy.

I personally have moved from a firm poch IN to a more realistic and pragmatic view of he may need to go for the good of the club. That's my tuppence thrown in the ring so would love to hear your ideas.

On a side note, fuck negative threads like this. I'm all for discussion but I don't like the clear cut title or the sentiment behind it.

Ps thank fuck that the Woolwich scum seem to have stolen the headlines today!!!

I suppose I just don't want to face the fact that Poch is not the man who is going to get our team playing exciting football and win a trophy or two. After the WHL Finale and the Ajax semi final, and he was as emotional as us, I really believed that he "got" what we're about.
He doesn't seem to be engaged with the team, and I'm now dreading every press conference as to what spiel he's going to come out with next.
I can't quite bring myself to changing to Poch Out as yet, as I don't want us getting on the Manager Roundabout, but I am getting close to it.
When I think about it, such a shame that Justin Edinburgh is no longer with us, as he would have been great for us.

Finally weighed in with a vote.

Outside the form and players loyalty, my decision was made after seeing Poch say “what difference” when asked by a reporter of the difference Ndombele made when he came on the pitch.

Now I know the game was waning and we still were under threat, but a blind man could see that Ndombele brought on some much needed vision and ability.

Poch has been a breath of fresh air for the club. He brought stability and has dealt with the craziness of Levy admirably.

But, i can’t stop blaming him over this incredible downturn in team composition and the overall effectiveness of his club management.

One of my biggest gripes is his loan policy. I really think we have derailed some careers and missed out on some home grown depth. Not saying we had aces in our sleeve, but I do think we could have some quality depth if he managed his assets correctly.

My second issue is lineups. Our most exciting years, the second place and highest point total, saw a relatively steady 11-13 players with the FBs rotating. Since then we have had an ever changing lineup and formation. He just can’t pick a way and work with it. Which leads me to his mentality.

He has mentally stalled and I really do think is on the verge of a breakdown. After the press conference last night, he really does look fatigued. It is time he does a Wagner and step down for the betterment of the club, and more importantly, himself.

Finally weighed in with a vote.

Outside the form and players loyalty, my decision was made after seeing Poch say “what difference” when asked by a reporter of the difference Ndombele made when he came on the pitch.

Now I know the game was waning and we still were under threat, but a blind man could see that Ndombele brought on some much needed vision and ability.

Poch has been a breath of fresh air for the club. He brought stability and has dealt with the craziness of Levy admirably.

But, i can’t stop blaming him over this incredible downturn in team composition and the overall effectiveness of his club management.

One of my biggest gripes is his loan policy. I really think we have derailed some careers and missed out on some home grown depth. Not saying we had aces in our sleeve, but I do think we could have some quality depth if he managed his assets correctly.

My second issue is lineups. Our most exciting years, the second place and highest point total, saw a relatively steady 11-13 players with the FBs rotating. Since then we have had an ever changing lineup and formation. He just can’t pick a way and work with it. Which leads me to his mentality.

He has mentally stalled and I really do think is on the verge of a breakdown. After the press conference last night, he really does look fatigued. It is time he does a Wagner and step down for the betterment of the club, and more importantly, himself.
So how did you finally vote then ?? ... only kidding :roflmao:

How do you get from our travelling fans singing a song to “actively backing and rewarding the manager”? They’re fans - they sing songs at football matches - and yes, that is my idea of support. You don’t seem to realise that support is most needed in the bad times - in life as well as football - you know? When it’s difficult.

Anyone can support a winning team. It’s the easiest thing in the world, and how dare you criticise our fans who choose to support the team at the ground? Your position is indefensible. And when you say “we” who exactly do you mean by that? It doesn’t include me or the majority on this forum, or it seems the match going supporters.

Moan away in here all you want - you can’t do much damage, but to criticise supporters who vocally support the team/manager is beyond the pale. I honestly don’t believe you know what the word means.

You twist and turn so much it feels like you just want to pick arguments, you did the exact same thing with me the other day for no good reason.

I know exactly what the word support means, I support the club, first and foremost before anything, the number one priority for me, being a supporter of Tottenham Hotspur football club is to see it succeed, I also have no problem with people singing at games, as a matter of fact I encourage it.

What I do not want to do is encourage situations which actively work against the best interests of the club, you know such as rolling over and having our belly tickled by owners who couldn't care less about success on the pitch and supporting a manager who is actively sending the club backwards by singing his name like he is the messiah, we are past that at this point.

I am not saying don't support the team either am I? I am simply saying that given the situation we are currently in, I don't think calling the manager magic is going to help anything, it sends the message that we are easy to please and that we have no problem with the current situation we are in, it's like if people were chanting for Eriksen to stay at this point, it's just weak, it makes us look small time imo, we lack the big club mentality as much in the stands as we do on the pitch, as a matter of fact many supporters still don't think we can do better than Poch so we should keep him, it blows my mind tbh.

The problem is, my position offends you because you don't want me to criticise the manager, or at least it seems that way, quite clearly you think that supporters should sit back and say nothing and not make their displeasure heard, lest it make them bad supporters, well I am afraid my good friend that the ONLY way the message will be sent to the board is from the stands and currently the message is that Pochettino is magic, despite us getting 23 points from 22 games and heading for a relegation fight.

The problem is, my position offends you because you don't want me to criticise the manager,
No, I don’t want you to criticise the fans who make the effort to go and support the team. I don’t think I could have been any clearer on that point. I criticised the manager last night - his apparent inability to integrate new players, his sometimes baffling substitutions and the bollocks he talks to the press (although the last one doesn’t bother me too much - most of them deserve to have to listen to bollocks).

When the Poch song starts up and you are of the opinion that he’s a pretty long way from being ‘magic’ then don’t join in. It literally requires no effort at all.

No, I don’t want you to criticise the fans who make the effort to go and support the team. I don’t think I could have been any clearer on that point. I criticised the manager last night - his apparent inability to integrate new players, his sometimes baffling substitutions and the bollocks he talks to the press (although the last one doesn’t bother me too much - most of them deserve to have to listen to bollocks).

When the Poch song starts up and you are of the opinion that he’s a pretty long way from being ‘magic’ then don’t join in. It literally requires no effort at all.

And I am not doing that, again, you are arguing against a point that I never stated, I said nothing about the team, I said that I don't like people singing that Poch is magic when we have got 23 points in 22 games, I don't think regression should be celebrated or admired and I think it's a weak mentality to suggest that Tottenham as a club can't do better than him.

Singing that song at this point is actively working against the clubs best interests because it suggests to our chairman and to the football world that we need him and that we are happy with him as manager when we should be anything but given the circumstances.

Poch has been great for us but the time has come to set aside romance and focus on what's important, our club, Tottenham Hotspur.

Singing that song at this point is actively working against the clubs best interests because it suggests to our chairman and to the football world that we need him and that we are happy with him as manager when we should be anything but given the circumstances.
There’s that ‘we’ again. I’ll ask again - who are ‘we’? And who are you to speak for our fans and tell them what they can and can’t sing? You don’t speak for us - you speak for yourself. You have one voice.

Edit: By all means say you don’t like it - I haven’t got the remotest problem with that, but to call it a problem is preposterous.

Last edited:
There’s that ‘we’ again. I’ll ask again - who are ‘we’? And who are you to speak for our fans and tell them what they can and can’t sing. You don’t speak for us - you speak for yourself. You have one voice.

Do I have to spell everything out for you? You had this issue the other day with my post because you completely missed the context when nobody else did.

I am talking about the football club when I say we, the club, the business.

I am not speaking for our fans I am not telling them what they can and cannot sing either, I am simply saying that in my opinion, it's weak to sing this song about the manager given our circumstances, it sends the message that we (as a football club) can't do better, that we (as a football club) are happy to accept regression.

I keep thinking about that comment Poch made in the summer to the effect of “sign players or do not sign players, I am not in charge of that. You could call me coach not manager.”

I sometimes wonder if the fact we haven’t seen much from the new players despite fans clamouring for it (and tangible evidence they’d spice up the starting XI) is some kind of stubborn dude-ego battle between Poch and Levy...

“Fine Daniel, you bought those players, that’s not what I wanted so here’s 90 more minutes of Danny Rose.”

Back
Top Bottom