The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
And now?....

giphy.gif

I've been reading that Poch wants 6 new players to overhaul the squad. So I really think this is the end as I know Levy won't do that, not for Poch or the next man. Hope I'm wrong though.

Let's put it this way, if Bayern and Man Utd would move heaven and earth to get Poch on board to rebuild their squad, then why should Tottenham ,who have already got him at the club, deny him the chance to rebuild? He's good enough for Bayern/United but not Spurs?

Let's put it this way, if Bayern and Man Utd would move heaven and earth to get Poch on board to rebuild their squad, then why should Tottenham ,who have already got him at the club, deny him the chance to rebuild? He's good enough for Bayern/United but not Spurs?
I have the same thoughts, however I'm also starting to consider that he cant rebuild here for whatever reason - lack of resource, focus, ability, desire.
Not many managers go through squad rebuilds anymore - they're not employed long enough. I'd like to think we can continue to do things a bit differently but is that realistic?

The thing with this rebuild that is needed even after our terrible form at the back end of last season and now the start of this one he keeps selecting the same players that are under performing/not want to be here and not even giving some of the youngsters a chance who might actually put in the effort and implement his ideas on the pitch.

I've been reading that Poch wants 6 new players to overhaul the squad. So I really think this is the end as I know Levy won't do that, not for Poch or the next man. Hope I'm wrong though.

Yep. Spurs Inc. will go the direction of least cost. New manager < enough quality players to get back in top 4.
Short term, I think a new manager is in order, the team needs to freshen up. Long term I think Pochettino should stay, but we’d have to suffer through rebuilding with Levy’ Tight purse string for more time than I care to think about.

Imagine what Pochettino could do with a City, or Man U budget?

And that’s the difficult question. I think a manager can rebuild, as long as the previous cycle has brought success. It’s far more tricky when it’s achieved wonderful moments, but no tangible silverware.

Can Poch motivate the likes of Kane? Will the senior payers be thinking ‘well, why should it work this time?’

Sometimes different players/managers work well with different circumstances.
I hope he does well wherever he goes next. But one important aspect is the change itself. Generally he was successful with us until May (despite never winning us a trophy), he might be good for either of them as well for some period, I am not excluding this opportunity.

But here and now is not the right place nor time for him anymore. We've seen just replay after replay of idealess game, slow and sluggish building of our attacks ,leaky defense that allows teams like Watford, Everton and Sheffield to get loads of shots at the target.

It will be best for all parties if a new face - who can take our side for what it is right now and give some players different roles, set up team differently, teach players a trick from their playbook etc - can rejuvenate some of our players. And maybe Poch with his skills can give something new to players in Bayern/Real as well.

P.S - you can flip your question in any possible way, it will remain pointless. Like three weeks ago you could ask "Is Kovac good enough for Bayern but not good enough for Spurs" - I think generally speaking he was not good enough for Bayern and I would not want to take over us either... "Was Denis Suarez not good enough for Woolwich when he was good enough for Barca to play" - he got like 100 minutes of total playing time in Woolwich, and now was scrapped by Barca as well...

Yep. Spurs Inc. will go the direction of least cost. New manager < enough quality players to get back in top 4.
Short term, I think a new manager is in order, the team needs to freshen up. Long term I think Pochettino should stay, but we’d have to suffer through rebuilding with Levy’ Tight purse string for more time than I care to think about.

Imagine what Pochettino could do with a City, or Man U budget?
I think once Poch goes we'll come full circle to the Jol era and not make the top 4 again for another 5 to 10 years.

Because Levy wants to save money.

I have traditionally been adverse to sacking Managers and generally been prepared to give them a little longer. The exceptions were Graham and Sherwood who I was against even appointing them. I was 100% behind Poch in the summer but it is his increasingly weird Press conferences and the fact I heard the players are finding him difficult to deal with that convinces me it is time for a change. Yes he deserves longer based on his record but I cannot explain the decline in performances to any other person but him. If we were say 6th then Levy not spending could explain it but we are 14th behind much less spending clubs. we did spend in the summer. The players are not performing and there are various reasons for that but it is difficult to get away from Poch's responsibility and if I was in charge he would now go.

Back
Top Bottom