The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Tuesday afternoon: 51% Poch out // 22 October, couple of hours before Spurs v Red Star
Thursday afternoon: 43% Poch out
Friday afternoon: 38% Poch out
Sunday afternoon: 37% Poch out
Monday afternoon: 42% Poch out // the day after the 2-1 defeat at Anfield; many fans unhappy with the team selection

That win against Red Star did wonders for some apparently. And we're playing against them again in 9 days.

:freundgoal:

It can go fast both ways, what if Davies, Ndombele, Lamela and possibly Lo Celso start and we win 1-3 at Goodison?
You shouldn’t be judging Poch on getting a result at Goodison regardless.

The same people who are screaming loudest for him to be gone are the same ones who hated the thought of us letting go of the players he wanted out, the same players who are either in decline or not fully committed. A new manager may get a temporary bounce out of them, but long term the same issues are still there.

Also the Klopp comparisons are sickening me - how many of you were saying Klopp was clear of Poch when he was losing final after final, BEFORE he got to spend world record fees on a goalkeeper AND centre back, plus buying the most sort after DM on the market?!

On raw ability only 2 Spurs players are getting into that Liverpool team.

AFC Hindsight Rovers smh - as far as I’m concerned Poch is now a victim of his own massive overachievement, for me he has enough credit in the bank to be able to now spend (now the club is able sort of compete financially) and refresh this squad.

The same people who are screaming loudest for him to be gone are the same ones who hated the thought of us letting go of the players he wanted out, the same players who are either in decline or not fully committed. A new manager may get a temporary bounce out of them, but long term the same issues are still there.

Also the Klopp comparisons are sickening me - how many of you were saying Klopp was clear of Poch when he was losing final after final, BEFORE he got to spend world record fees on a goalkeeper AND centre back, plus buying the most sort after DM on the market?!

AFC Hindsight Rovers smh - as far as I’m concerned Poch is now a victim of his own massive overachievement, for me he has enough credit in the bank to be able to now spend (now the club is able sort of compete financially) and refresh this squad.

So we shouldn't be judging him if he doesn't get a result against a team that is doing even worse than us, with a squad worse than us, considering this is turning into a very important game? (a 6 pointer actually for those who see us facing relegation).

Ok, fine, let's not judge him for this, but can't we judge him for the horrendous form we had in this calendar year? Or for having no bottle and lacking the right tactics when we were close to winning trophies?

Poch made us better, I've said it before and I'm sticking to it. I wouldn't call it overachieving because others would have gotten top 4 with these players as well. Poch is mostly responsible for the way we're playing now though and has shown that he isn't capable of turning it around.

As for giving him another window to spend, he's already bought 3 highly rated players in the previous window and he's not using them.

Poch doesn't have enough credit in the bank to spend at all, we have spent this window and he isn't even playing the players we have purchased, instead he is sticking with players like Eriksen who want out and couldn't play their way out of a paper bag.

He has failed on numerous occasions to get us over the line, despite having a squad more than capable of winning trophies, he has dismissed cups because he, for some reason, thinks we are too big for them and he makes continuous decisions that can only be described as completely ignorant and stupid at best and downright egomaniacal at worst.

Levy and more importantly, our owners, are as much at fault as Poch is for this fucking shambles but the reality is simple, this manager should be doing better with the team at his disposal.

Just look at the start of the Poch thread, people saying we should keep Sherwood, same thing happened with AVB and now it's happening with Poch, some people simply cannot seperate their love for certain players/managers from what is best for the club, that is what you're doing right now, placing a manager over the best interests of the club.

Poch is done, our form has been terrible since January, it's not going to get better, we aren't going to improve because he is a stubborn bastard that, after all his plaudits, thinks he is better than he actually is.

Mourinho without the trophies to back the arrogance up, people don't want to admit it and face the reality but that's what it is, you only have to see his comments before and after the game yesterday to see just how much the bloke is sniffing his own farts.

I love spurs, managers and players and chairman all come and go and NONE of them are more important than the club, I don't give a toss how many times someone on here wanks themselves off over the stadium and spreadsheets for net spend, it doesn't mean fuck all other than ENIC getting money, I don't support ENIC, I support Spurs, the football club, not the brand.

I also don't care how many times people delude themselves into thinking Levy spending £200m will fix our problems either because it's clear as day now that it won't, not under this manager and that's coming from someone who used to champion that position and say the manager hasn't been backed and whilst I still think that's the case in previous windows and that has led to the direction contribution of this situation I still think Poch has enough talent in this squad to be doing better!

And let's not forget, he was backed this window and he isn't playing the fucking players we signed, instead he is sticking with players like Eriksen who couldn't give a shit.

So no, he hasn't earned backing, he has earned the sack and he should be gone already and anybody who truly loves the club would know that, it shouldn't even be a debate at this point given his repeated mistakes and inability to learn from them.

Last edited:
I love spurs, managers and players and chairman all come and go and NONE of them are more important than the club, I don't give a toss how many times someone on here wanks themselves off over the stadium and spreadsheets for net spend, it doesn't mean fuck all other than ENIC getting money, I don't support ENIC, I support Spurs, the football club, not the brand.

Perfectly put. The club matters most and nothing else. Yet some think that Poch should be given more credit at the expense of the club. Him staying isn't for the better of the club, there's plenty of proof in this respect.

Would you describe it as 'massively overachieving' though ?, slight exaggeration in my books.

close, looking at the shitshow of the AVB/Sherwood times then getting top 4 four times, a title chase and a CL final on a let’s be honest tiny budget relatively speaking is pretty remarkable and would not have been expected by anyone at the time during the start of his tenure.

I'd say he's drifting because the two above him are becoming virtually dead certs for the chop by Christmas. Let's see how things stand after next Sunday my friend. :thumbup:

If we lose on Sunday and he doesn't get the sack then supporters should protest imo, against both him and Levy, tbh that should be happening anyway at this point.

Problem is, people are still singing that Poch is magic in the stands, wonder if they will be if we're in a relegation battle by the end of the month?

If we lose on Sunday and he doesn't get the sack then supporters should protest imo, against both him and Levy, tbh that should be happening anyway at this point.

Problem is, people are still singing that Poch is magic in the stands, wonder if they will be if we're in a relegation battle by the end of the month?
Being in relegation zone with this squad it’s quite magic so I could see it

close, looking at the shitshow of the AVB/Sherwood times then getting top 4 four times, a title chase and a CL final on a let’s be honest tiny budget relatively speaking is pretty remarkable and would not have been expected by anyone at the time during the start of his tenure.

Ding ding ding.

The problem was Poch has raised the expectations beyond our imagination. And just at the moment where he should get the benefit of the doubt and consistent backing to fix it, oh we should get rid. Fans can be as disloyal as anyone. If he spends a lot next summer and things are not improving, then give him the chop.

Anyway, you seem to be trying to get me to argue with you, when I was making an argument against other posters who seem to disagree a lot with what you are arguing anyway! So in summary, it's pointless us going back & forth. You seem to agree with me that it's not either top 4 or disaster, or that our players are as good as Liverpool.
Let's leave it there.

Agreed, let's leave it there.

Just if there is 2,3 or 4 people who argue for prepostous stance does not tell/show much. There are people who say earth is flat, 9/11 was inside job, climate change is not real and so on and so on. But having 2-3-4 such people among hundreds of posters is not saying/showing much. I never disagreed that there are non. I just find that it's healthier option to ignore very few people with extreme opinions, that's all ;)

Why is that a problem? What would you like them to sing at a match? It’s called support - an irrational concept for some I know.
Sure, if your idea of "support" means actively backing and rewarding a manager that's doing a terrible job just because it's a catchy jingle rather than thinking of the best interests of the club and showing the world and more importantly, the chairman, that we aren't content or happy with regressing.

I mean, people can still chant for Eriksen if they want to as well, if they consider that being a good supporter more power to them.

Agreed, let's leave it there.

Just if there is 2,3 or 4 people who argue for prepostous stance does not tell/show much. There are people who say earth is flat, 9/11 was inside job, climate change is not real and so on and so on. But having 2-3-4 such people among hundreds of posters is not saying/showing much. I never disagreed that there are non. I just find that it's healthier option to ignore very few people with extreme opinions, that's all ;)
Yeah, plenty of reasons to sack poch but not getting top 4 or not being as good as Liverpool aren't valid ones in my opinion. Over & out.

Back
Top Bottom