The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
I just don't want Mourinho because I have a feeling that he'd misuse Ndombele and lo Celso in the same way that he misused Pogba. You have to let players like that have a bit of freedom, whereas he'd probably try to play them as holding midfielders. Literally anyone else though. Having said that, results count for more than anything else.
I don't want Mourinho because of Mourinho. Eddie Howe can fuck off as well.

& it's a lot of pressure on a new manager to expect him to get top 4 this season.

Oh, no.
There will be pressure on top level management. What an awful - awful thing.

Better let's avoid all such terrible things and finish the season with whopping 50 points, just the course we are now on.... That is much better than, pressure, am I right?!?

Oh, no.
There will be pressure on top level management. What an awful - awful thing.

Better let's avoid all such terrible things and finish the season with whopping 50 points, just the course we are now on.... That is much better than, pressure, am I right?!?
No need to add extra pressure. But fair enough if you want to do that.
I just disagree. You miss my main point anyway. If it's top 4 or failure then I think any new manager would fail. Especially with all that pressure on him to get top 4 in his first season. I think it's better for a new manager to have time to mould the team etc. Not expect him to come in & be amazing from the off. It will be a merry go round of sacking managers all the time. Also if we did finish with 50 pts I am not as upset as you guys. Got used to the top 4 trophy so the novelty has worn off for me. & I don't believe we will invest enough to win titles even with the CL money as proven all the years we have qualified.

You miss my point. If it's top 4 or failure then I think any new manager would fail. Especially with all that pressure on him to get top 4 in his first season. I think it's better for a new manager to have time to mould the team etc. Not expect him to come in & be amazing from the off. It will be a merry go round of sacking managers all the time. Also if we did finish with 50 pts I am not as upset as you guys. Got used to the top 4 trophy so the novelty has worn off for me. & I don't believe we will invest enough to win titles even with the CL money as proven all the years we have qualified.
Why do you think a new manager should get top 4 from the mess Poch has created, in half a season.

But Poch deserves to be here into his 7th season?

Last edited:
No need to add extra pressure. But fair enough if you want to do that.
I just disagree. You miss my main point anyway. If it's top 4 or failure then I think any new manager would fail. Especially with all that pressure on him to get top 4 in his first season. I think it's better for a new manager to have time to mould the team etc. Not expect him to come in & be amazing from the off. It will be a merry go round of sacking managers all the time. Also if we did finish with 50 pts I am not as upset as you guys. Got used to the top 4 trophy so the novelty has worn off for me. & I don't believe we will invest enough to win titles even with the CL money as proven all the years we have qualified.

I don't get what you are saying.
I don't think anyone realistically expects us to be in top 4. Many HOPE for it, but not many EXPECT it to happen. But that is still secondary issue.

We play s*it football and have been taking step after step in the wrong direction since midway of 17-18 season. Point is that no matter how we end this season, we need to fire Poch and get in manager with ideas and perspective how to turn this trend around. Otherwise next season we legit even don't dream about top 4 and are talking about "getting closer to top 6" or smth like that. Enough is enough.

Like it is pointed out- we have invested more than Liverpool - just they have managed to pick players who improve them. But under Poch we have not managed to buy starting player for ages despite breaking our transfer record.

I don't think anyone realistically expects us to be in top 4. Many HOPE for it, but not many EXPECT it to happen. But that is still secondary issue.

We play s*it football and have been taking step after step in the wrong direction since midway of 17-18 season. Point is that no matter how we end this season, we need to fire Poch and get in manager with ideas and perspective how to turn this trend around. Otherwise next season we legit even don't dream about top 4 and are talking about "getting closer to top 6" or smth like that. Enough is enough.

Like it is pointed out- we have invested more than Liverpool - just they have managed to pick players who improve them. But under Poch we have not managed to buy starting player for ages despite breaking our transfer record.
Moura, Ndombele, Sanchez and Lo Celso would probably be starters every week at Chelsea, Woolwich and Utd.

People seem to think the only yardstick is City and Liverpool.

Actually Liverpool have spent over 100m a year on there wage bill so they do invest more than us on there players. Another reason we have missed out on players as we couldn't match the wages of teams like Liverpool.
Also just last week many were saying our teams as good as Liverpool & its poch's fault we aren't as good as them. So if we have the players, surely a new manager has to get top 4 next season if we are as good as Liverpool who will probably win the title which makes them better than city arguably. But even if they don't. If we are saying our teams as good as Liverpool, surely our new manager should get top 4 next season at the latest.

That's where you're wrong, some were saying missing out on top 4 would be catastrophic, there's even a thread on it! & we need to act & sack poch before it's too late. So I am disagreeing with that opinion some have, I didn't reply to you, you replied to me remember.
Also if we sack poch now, do you think the new manager needs to get top 4 next season or not? Yes or no will do.

Last edited:
Actually Liverpool have spent over 100m a year on there wage bill so they do invest more than us on there players. Another reason we have missed out on players as we couldn't match the wages of teams like Liverpool.
Also just last week many were saying our teams as good as Liverpool & its poch's fault we aren't as good as them. So if we have the players, surely a new manager has to get top 4 next season if we are as good as Liverpool who will probably win the title which makes them better than city arguably. But even if they don't. If we are saying our teams as good as Liverpool, surely our new manager should get top 4 next season at the latest.

That's where you're wrong, some were saying missing out on top 4 would be catastrophic, there's even a thread on it! & we need to act & sack poch before it's too late. So I am disagreeing with that opinion some have, I didn't reply to you, you replied to me remember.
Also if we sack poch now, do you think the new manager needs to get top 4 next season or not? Yes or no will do.

1) Who said that? Many seems like an overkill, in matchday thread I think the consensus was that Kane, Son and in future Ndombele could be only ones who could have a shot in getting to Pool starting XI
2) Again, "some do", well let them some explain themselves. Top 4 is already gone. It was not around week ago tho.

And answer to your last question - no.
Meaning this is not a certain requirement. First aim should be to turn around the trend (and start to get better instead of getting worse). Then there has to be some movement in the personel. And then we can asses our goals. Right now realistically we don't aim for title or top2, but given the situations in ManU and Woolwich I don't think it would be impossible to get to top 4. But even so this will not be a concrete aim for new coach.

Not so big a deal when you consider players like Ox, Lallana and Kieta are on more than Mane, and Lovren is on 100k a week.

Sounds like people want shit players on sky high wages

It's confusing, reading the posts you'd think the Poch out vote should be nearer to 99%...

Not surprised people find it confusing, these (many) polls are binary and reductive - this is a complex situation, with a little bit on Poch, some on Levy, some on (some of) the players.

I voted Poch In ages ago. Until we come up with a decent alternative and I feel most of it is on Poch I won't change my vote. I'd find a managerial change right now justified but I think it's better to wait to the end of the season and take stock.

Tuesday afternoon: 51% Poch out // 22 October, couple of hours before Spurs v Red Star
Thursday afternoon: 43% Poch out
Friday afternoon: 38% Poch out
Sunday afternoon: 37% Poch out
Monday afternoon: 42% Poch out // the day after the 2-1 defeat at Anfield; many fans unhappy with the team selection

1) Who said that? Many seems like an overkill, in matchday thread I think the consensus was that Kane, Son and in future Ndombele could be only ones who could have a shot in getting to Pool starting XI
2) Again, "some do", well let them some explain themselves. Top 4 is already gone. It was not around week ago tho.

And answer to your last question - no.
Meaning this is not a certain requirement. First aim should be to turn around the trend (and start to get better instead of getting worse). Then there has to be some movement in the personel. And then we can asses our goals. Right now realistically we don't aim for title or top2, but given the situations in ManU and Woolwich I don't think it would be impossible to get to top 4. But even so this will not be a concrete aim for new coach.
Yeah I was talking about them. You have then replied to me arguing something else. I was referring to those posters, so I think we are having 2 different arguments here.
There were posters saying we were as good as Liverpool. It's not my job to go back find & out who & then post them just to show you.
Don't be so lazy. I honestly don't mind if you think I have made those posters up. I know for a fact people were saying our team is as good as liverpool as I was arguing against them.
& on your 2nd point you aren't sure our new manager should have to get top 4 which goes against others saying missing out on top 4 is catastrophic so we need to change the manager now. & also against posters saying our players are as good as Liverpool so we should be doing as well as them.

I was arguing against people saying we are as good as Liverpool & that not getting top 4 is a disaster so we need to sack the manager for not getting top 4. Because if they are saying we are as good as liverpool & that you need to get rid of a manager if he doesn't get top 4 (as its a disaster). Then you are putting massive expectation & pressure on a new manager. Your teams is as good as Liverpool & you need to get top 4 or it's a disaster. That's not my thinking or what I would be saying to a new manager.

Anyway, you seem to be trying to get me to argue with you, when I was making an argument against other posters who seem to disagree a lot with what you are arguing anyway! So in summary, it's pointless us going back & forth. You seem to agree with me that it's not either top 4 or disaster, or that our players are as good as Liverpool.
Let's leave it there.

Tuesday afternoon: 51% Poch out // 22 October, couple of hours before Spurs v Red Star
Thursday afternoon: 43% Poch out
Friday afternoon: 38% Poch out
Sunday afternoon: 37% Poch out
Monday afternoon: 42% Poch out // the day after the 2-1 defeat at Anfield
God forbid we lose to Everton but if we do it will be very interesting to see how it reads a week today 😎

Back
Top Bottom