Apart from Sol Campbell, which player went down in your estimation the most?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His behaviour, not the football.

Interest in the England job?
I don't blame him for that.

If he had left to manage England, I would have been disappointed but I wouldn't have resented him for it.

In the end, the FA went for Hodgson because they didn't have to pay West Brom compensation.

Yeah, it was so obvious that was going to set us back.

Zokora was no where near being an adequate replacement.

Can you really blame him for leaving when United came calling?
It would be very difficult for any player to turn that down and there's not much the club can do to stand in his way especially when the transfer fee is 5 times what we paid for him 2 years earlier.

Did anyone spot that I was defending a former Tottenham player there (and not for the first time in this thread) rather than 'going after' him?

Can you really blame him for leaving when United came calling?
It would be very difficult for any player to turn that down and there's not much the club can do to stand in his way especially when the transfer fee is 5 times what we paid for him 2 years earlier.

Did anyone spot that I was defending a former Tottenham player there (and not for the first time in this thread) rather than 'going after' him?

I think he would have stayed if we'd qualified for the Champions League - only our players all randomly falling ill on the last day of the season prevented that. That game should have been postponed.

It was the Man Utd players that acted like cunts, presenting him with a Utd shirt at England training.

I think he would have stayed if we'd qualified for the Champions League - only our players all randomly falling ill on the last day of the season prevented that. That game should have been postponed.

It was the Man Utd players that acted like cunts, presenting him with a Utd shirt at England training.

I'm not sure he would have stayed.

I didn't know (or perhaps had forgotten) the United players had presented Carrick with a United shirt.

When did this happen?

Interest in the England job?
I don't blame him for that.

If he had left to manage England, I would have been disappointed but I wouldn't have resented him for it.

In the end, the FA went for Hodgson because they didn't have to pay West Brom compensation.

And the FA always want a safe pair of hands and no trouble

They’ve done it before when they appointed that cunt Revie and not Cloughie who could have been amazing for us

Wankers

They did something similar with Ronaldo at training presenting him with a RM shirt!

And the FA always want a safe pair of hands and no trouble

They’ve done it before when they appointed that cunt Revie and not Cloughie who could have been amazing for us

Wankers

Clough wasn't in the running for the England job when it went to Revie.
He was managing Brighton at the time and succeeded Revie at Leeds when he took the England job.

I used to think that Clough should have been given the England job but changed my mind when I saw an interview where he sounded racist.

I can understand the FA not giving him the job and I think Clough was probably better suited to day-to-day club management anyway.

However, Clough said in his autobiography that if he had been given the England job, Hoddle would have been playing regularly which would definitely have been a step in the right direction.

Put it in the title then! ;)

No but seriously if your talking former spurs players Graham Roberts has a bit of a habit of posting daft tweets.
I don't dislike the guy although I feel like he does more harm than good with some of his opinions.

Roberts was a proper whole hearted defender who loves Tottenham. He doesn’t strike me as being particularly literate from his tweets but his heart is in the right place. As a fan he probably gets frustrated as much as we do

Clough wasn't in the running for the England job when it went to Revie.
He was managing Brighton at the time and succeeded Revie at Leeds when he took the England job.

I used to think that Clough should have been given the England job but changed my mind when I saw an interview where he sounded racist.

I can understand the FA not giving him the job and I think Clough was probably better suited to day-to-day club management anyway.

However, Clough said in his autobiography that if he had been given the England job, Hoddle would have been playing regularly which would definitely have been a step in the right direction.

So when did Clough apply for the England job?

His international ambitions with a second choice country he had never played for after not being able to get into the France squad...

We were averaging a goal a game at the time so I would say scoring goals was a problem.

Why shouldn't he play for another country if he's eligible?

We scored exactly the same amount of goals in the following season and were only 3 points away from a European spot thanks to a better defensive record which I would put down to better attitude and motivation within the squad. I'll grant you that 47 goals isn't a great amount but it all comes down to making the best of what you have and in 03/04 it's quite clear that our team didn't do that.

Why shouldn't he play for another country if he's eligible?

We scored exactly the same amount of goals in the following season and were only 3 points away from a European spot thanks to a better defensive record which I would put down to better attitude and motivation within the squad. I'll grant you that 47 goals isn't a great amount but it all comes down to making the best of what you have and in 03/04 it's quite clear that our team didn't do that.

As I said before, Kanoute had every right to go (just like the players many on this thread have been calling cunts for leaving Tottenham had a right to go elsewhere) but to fuck off when we were in the relegation zone to participate in an international tournament for a country he had never even played for is leaving the club in the lurch.

Back
Top Bottom