Missing out on CL could be catastrophic for us

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Realistically there is no way the stadium payments are dependent on champions league football, Levy wouldn't do something so reckless and throughout the vast majority of planning etc we weren't a CL club. A big loss, yes, but catastrophic is way over the top. The premier league money is now a bigger pot.

No, the stadium isn't but you can bet your sweet arse Levy will have the excuse of not buying players lined up because we have missed out on CL football.

ENIC are taking this club for a ride, people can't see it though because they are blinded by the glamour of the new stadium and fucking Amazon prime documentaries.

CL alone doesn’t define a club.
Liverpool missed out on a few occasions recently..Didn’t do them any harm..
Of course CL defines for a club like Spurs. Because it will take us another decade to get top 4 again.
Please don't compare us to liverpool, they have won 19 or so English titles, European cups and including CL in 2004. We are miles behind.

CL alone doesn’t define a club.
Liverpool missed out on a few occasions recently..Didn’t do them any harm..

Agreed. I think we're in a position where we can afford to miss the CL this year and not suffer any major consequences. But we need to show the intent to rebuild and get better. Maybe Kane and Son can live for a year without playing in the CL, but I think it would be harder for them to accept that they wouldn't be able to compete for trophies.

Of course CL defines a club for Spurs. Because it will take us another decade to get top 4 again.
Don't compare us to liverpool, they have won 19 or so English titles, Top Euopean titles and including CL in 2004. We are miles behind.

But we have finished above them 8 times in last 10 years.. didnt take them too long to get themselv s sorted..
Them winning the league years and tears ago has nothing to do with it.

Yes It will be catastrophic on all fronts. Disastrous.
The new stadium will be a ghost house.
We will need another 5-10 years to regain top 4 if ever.
We had the best chance in the last 2 seasons to capitalise on our position with manu, woolwich and chelsi weakened but didn't take advantage, thanks to the incompetent manner Levy is draining and running the club down.
We will be back to SAG days.
With C L income we struggled in the transfer market and players wages, imagine all that lost income.
What is the point of new stadium without CL.
Levy's project would have failed and JL will sack him or JL will sell the club. I hope.
All out top players will leave inc Kane and Son.

JL doesn't give a fuck if we are in the CL mate, this stadium is going to make him and ENIC money even if we languish in mid-table, NFL, concerts, highest ticket prices, will always be packed because of tourists.

Trust me, it's a money spinner regardless.

Oooooh, the 'willfull financial ignorance' thread?

Same old names, same old melting...
Think I'll pass..... :pochbye:

Oooooh, the 'willfull financial ignorance' thread?

Same old names, same old melting...
Think I'll pass..... :pochbye:
Don't you have some spreadsheets to wank over?

brown-nosing-1.jpg

Years of underspending, not getting needed targets, profit making, no net investment and slowly bleeding this club and exhausting it to the point of collapse has well and truly finished this club imo. I don't think we'll see CL for years after this.

Why? Because teams around us have all spent heavily. Gone are the days of expensive clubs dominating the CL spots. Everyone is getting money now. And these clubs are spending the cash. Leicester are actually a force. There are mid table club that now retain players and can make some big purchases.

Spurs need new owners, not a new manager. Levys mentality is still stuck in 2009. The games moved on. Cute cheap deals aren't enough anymore. There's money throughout the PL and these clubs are attracting names they could never have got 10 years ago.
How can you go on to write a post that long when your very first line is a lie and a fallacy.

Did you see the game?
Did you see Ndombele get half an hour and Lo Celso get one minute.
I did.
I also saw Dele and Eriksen being shit and getting 90 and 88 minutes.

But in you and your ilks warped little minds, I guess that means we underspent.
If Lo Celso doesn’t get games, we finish 9th and he ends his loan, he’ll be called a cheap deal flop by people.
Yet it’s the disgraceful behavior of Pochettino leaving him out while the old guard continue to underperform that is the only problem here.

Why are you so fucking blind that our problems on the pitch now are NOTHING to do with the past windows and the ONLY thing that is obvious is that Pochettino just isn’t a very good manager in any other system than the 4231 press, and that’s the system he has chosen to abandon.

The guy has us in free fall, the same old bullshit every week about investment.

He played Eriksen in a covering RB role yesterday.

Let that fucking sink in.

I think it’ll all depend on whether Levy can find another magician after Poch, as that’s what’s needed to succeed in his operating model.

I’m strangely a bit nonchalant about all this, as I’ve felt my interest in and energy for football steadily dissipate this season. It’ll just be nice if we can hold on to Kane and Son, and I’ve got a soft spot for Lucas.

I also think he's struggling to figure out who he could attract that would be willing to work under his constraints.
If Poch goes, it'll be an Eddie Howe type. Happy to take the glamour of managing Spurs but unlikely to ever come near the heights reached by Pochettino.
If Levy had backed his man when he was crying out for it last Summer, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
You
Mention about him being backed in the summer, but it doesn’t matter who we buy if they are going to sit on the bench and poch continues To pick his favourites, we could have bought messi in the summer but what difference will he make when he gets a 3 minute cameo while losing 2-1?

if We miss out on the CL then we may as well miss out on the EL as well and have the extra rest midweek, I still think with decent full backs someone to replace jan and a Proper DM and we could challenge City and pool next season with no midweek games to worry about, but is poch the man to do it? If he has the balls to drop underperforming players then maybe ,

gazza
New Rb. Sanchez. New LB. new LB
New DM
Ndombele. GLC
Moura. Kane. Son.

Yeah, this is my biggest fear because those two are our best players.

The reality is though we will probably lose Kane even if we do get in the CL because he isn't going to stick around when we aren't showing ambition to win trophies imo.
Kane wants Greaves goal scoring record. And he cannot break that at any other club. He'll give us at least another year I'd wager before he starts to seriously consider moving.

Back
Top Bottom