Everton away - 3/11/19.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think if we go on a long winless streak , then Poch will go. Until then hes not going anywhere. Too expesive to sack.

If as you hint, it's a case of financial pragmatism over all then why wouldn't DL just hold his nerve and see how our season concludes?

Yea, cause nothing says "short term financial gains narrow minded no future investment" like building a stadium for next 100 years and that will help to increase our revenue massively, which in turn will let us increase our wage bill and gives resources for investment (like we saw with 120 mEUR window in the summer).

Some clinical imbeciles, such as you could not notice and understand smart financial management even if it would be f*king you with a baseball bat.

*not saying that we did not make some mistakes at some points - but saying such bullshit just makes me generally wonder, should your intelligence be tested, bcause from some point on, people with very low IQ need some oversight/help with their everyday life.
I think you have to have an IQ in double digits if you think the stadium was built for the greater good of Tottenham Hotspur. It's a money making venue. No more, no less.

It's his wording that disappoints, surely he appreciates the difference between 'trusting' a player to play 90 minutes rather than 'believing he's fit enough to play a full match', which I presume is what he really meant. Wonder what Sess thinks after hearing that. :thumbdown: :(
I do struggle to gain any inspiration or positiveness from his media interviews these days. His buzz word of 'philosophy' would appear to have evolved into 'dynamic' but apart from that it seems to be the same old rhetoric.
We desperately need a solid performance and three points on Sunday otherwise we will find ourselves looking up at teams we should not even be considering as league rivals. Silva is under pressure to get a result and I have no doubt Everton will be up for it. Just need to avoid conceding that early goal and keep the pressure on them.
The team selection will show just how much Poch has perhaps learnt from the last match regarding player's attitude and commitment.
And don't concede just before halftime

Silva is fighting for his managerial place and if the team are behind him then they will do everything within their power to try and win the game in order to prevent him leaving.
Poch may well continue to baffle us with his team selection. Danger is that if apathy and disinterest does prevail within the dressing room, then we may not see such a committed and positive attitude as we and he would like.
The last thing we need to do is underestimate the importance of this game in relation to our league position and the manager's status. A win is vital for both.

Back
Top Bottom