Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fairly sure its a loan with "an obligation" in the sense that the structure of the loan payment meant they didn't have to cough up any cash to PSG who had a sell-on clause and so they could keep a bit more cash.

2 + 2 = PSG coming in to scupper our Dybala deal.

Swings & roundabouts with the same kids playing on them.

Also let's not think in terms of him not fitting. I don't consider him any less than any other member of the squad.
You can be "fairly sure " all you like. Here is the actual article.

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement for the season-long loan signing of Giovani Lo Celso from Real Betis Balompié with an option to make the transfer permanent.

He's the kind of player I love to see wearing a Spurs shirt. Delighted with my first viewings of him he picks and chooses his moments to tick along, to go for the threat and he seems like a right pest.

Class, he will be a cracking little player and I can't wait to see him get a little run going.

I know that we're obliged to buy him at the end of the season if we qualify for CL (not sure about EL). But can we still buy him if we don't or do we have to negotiate another deal with Betis?

You can be "fairly sure " all you like. Here is the actual article.

Its a 15m loan fee with an obligation to buy. To get around the PSG sell on fee. Dont listen to what a low paid journo says about finance. They arnt one to research facts and figures.

Busy cunt some very nice passes and just kept us ticking along. Once he's on the same wave length as the rest of the frontline will be a baller, same goes for Ndombele who looks better every game

Last edited:
I know that we're obliged to buy him at the end of the season if we qualify for CL (not sure about EL). But can we still buy him if we don't or do we have to negotiate another deal with Betis?
Obligated if we make European football. If we don't it is an option at the same price.

But I think all parties have already agreed that it is happening. Lo Celso even bid farewell to Betis and the fans. Not something you usually do when out on loan.

Back
Top Bottom