Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm having a guess at the line up, not necessarily who I think should start but what I think will happen.

Wasn't sure who would start the right but I think Lo Celso may be given a start off the back of the Red Star game, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

OfObx1a.png

With the exception of Dier, I’d love to see the same lineup of Lo Celso and Foyth in the lineup.

We’ve got to persevere with the ones who are staying and once Dier gets more game time and gets his form up, it would be good for him to join the starting lineup too.

We began the rebuilding process yesterday, I think we’ve got to try and stick to it against a team like Sheffield.

Did Winks pick up an injury this week? If he was left behind for the Red Star game, seems like he is either being rested for the weekend or picked up an injury.

I hope we start with the same team as against Red Star. Maybe Davies for Rose. And I hope to see at least 15 minutes of Skipp and Sessegnon if we are winning safely. And why not 15 for Parrot.

Yeah need some continuity with the team, I would only take out Rose and possibly bring in winks for sissoko.

Poch didn't learn after red star and shuffled the team , I hope he does not shuffle again....but given his obsession with keeping the squad happy I can see at least five changes....hope he proves me wrong though

Is everyone still aboard the Sissoko hype train?
Until we get a proper DM in he is the best we've got.

His shooting is cack but his positional play and ground work is important in allowing our more creative players to do what they do best. Him and Tanguy seem to work together well as well. He's certainly been one of the brighter players in this slump granted most of that is due to sheer determination rather than extravagant skill.

Given the overlapping CBs for Sheffield United, this is a game made for Son to play in the channels, and if we need him, Lucas too. I wouldn't even mind seeing Kane pop up out wide either from time to time to collect the ball. That's where they leave the gaps to try and stay and compact in the middle. They're a very scrappy side and will do everything they can to put us off, and they'll milk every edge they have. They aren't pretty but they know what they are.

If Winks/Ndombele as a partnership was ever going to work, this has to be the game imo. We should see a lot of the ball and as passers they are much more useful than Sissoko. However, we may need Sissoko's strength and defensive work to help out Foyth/Aurier or Davies/Rose when United overload the wide areas. Going to be interesting to see how Pochettino sets this team up, I'm not sure just a standard 4-2-3-1 is going to be the answer in this game, wouldn't be surprised to see a 3-5-2 for this one.

Given the overlapping CBs for Sheffield United, this is a game made for Son to play in the channels, and if we need him, Lucas too. I wouldn't even mind seeing Kane pop up out wide either from time to time to collect the ball. That's where they leave the gaps to try and stay and compact in the middle. They're a very scrappy side and will do everything they can to put us off, and they'll milk every edge they have. They aren't pretty but they know what they are.

If Winks/Ndombele as a partnership was ever going to work, this has to be the game imo. We should see a lot of the ball and as passers they are much more useful than Sissoko. However, we may need Sissoko's strength and defensive work to help out Foyth/Aurier or Davies/Rose when United overload the wide areas. Going to be interesting to see how Pochettino sets this team up, I'm not sure just a standard 4-2-3-1 is going to be the answer in this game, wouldn't be surprised to see a 3-5-2 for this one.
If I'm honest I'd rather see Sessengon start wide left than Lucas start.

I like Lucas, but I think he often comes to central, which leaves us exposed on the right.

Eriksen has played well in one match for 20 minutes. He shouldn't be starting another match outside of a genuine injury crisis.

Davies in for Rose and Toby will probably come in for Dier but otherwise keep it the same. Let the new players get used to playing with people that are committed to the club.

Back
Top Bottom