Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s me done this year. As we walked out we agreed to Ticket Exchange what’s left of this year’s games and all are sold already - astonishingly quick. It will not matter to the club ( nor should it ) who sits in the seat provided they pay. And as was evidenced again by the selfies and blogging videos being taken all around us while the absolute shit on the pitch went on, the football does not prevent many people having an artificially good time.

Last year at Wembley was a strain, but since moving “home” it’s been far far worse.

I have been a season ticket holder for the majority of the past 33 years. The years I gave it up and was just a member were under Francis in the 90’s. And honestly the decline at the moment feels as bad as that period did, were the identity was lost and it just seemed like each week was rinse and repeat of ineptitude.

We all loved the Champions League run and Madrid but that masked so so much that was brewing and was already very wrong last season. Its gone to absolute rat shit this year, and I don’t see anyway this changes with Poch still there, he is part of what’s wrong. Not above criticism. This is unacceptably bad. Where is his pride ?

I feel sick to death of paying to watch players like Winks playing just 5-10 yards ahead of the defence and passing backwards and sideways. What is the point ? It just makes me so angry, it’s basics. Taking 20 passes to move up the field is ridiculous. And that’s what you need to do when the team is too deep. Yet the coach keeps on with that....WHY ?

I care too much maybe, so now until at least January. I am out - armchair is ready...,and I need a break from the “experience”. There is not even a hint of an atmosphere anymore.

So to report specifically about today. It was Awful.

Being in a fight with Sheffield United is fair enough. But it was not a fight. We were bullied.

The way the team rolled over after taking the lead. Jesus Christ. Childish. Just like an incontinent child worrying about the length of a toilet cue, each second looking more and more desperate. It’s honestly horrible to watch your own team pissing their pants over David McGoldrick.

Even Kane has gone all 90’s level Tottenham. He was woeful. And Dier. Holy shit. Honestly if he was pissed last night and very hungover then his performance today makes sense. If you thought he was poor at Brighton I promise you he was worse today. Is Alli more interested in Bo Hoo or whatever shit he models for, retire mate you ain’t a footballer anymore.

And with the team really up against it and looking down the barrel of yet another win chucked away, our a manager ( “maybe I am the coach”) decides Foyth and a back 5 is a clever idea AT HOME ( to dare is to do ? ).

And then sending on poor Lucas Moura into the mix with 6 fucking minutes left, well it’s baffling as well as pointless. It’s all just ridiculously poor. Week after week, after week. Been here before Gerry Francis, Gross, Graham......even AVB never puked up this much at home. At home ! WE WERE FUCKING AT HOME.

This bollocks was never on the agenda when building the billion pound “stadium naming rights for sale” stadium and god knows how this is going to feel in May when we have finished outside of the Top 4 and yet again below the Goons, back in the mix of the lower mid table a decade on from that legendary “2 points from 8 games” seasons.

Arresting to realise that we are 2 points better off than at the same stage of 08/09. This team has no fucking right to be this bad, they are not Frasier Campbell and Darren Bent.....

and it fucking rained a lot too today too. I loved you Spurs, always will, but where are you hiding ?

Last edited:
He'll be under so much pressure now not to change things. Last night we saw a glimpse of a possible bright new future. Let's hope he was as excited at the prospect as we were and continues with the same group of players, except for Eriksen.
If he reverts back to the team that played Everton then it would be sheer madness.

Sheffield itself is in a total mess right now. Absolutely biblical rain has left the city centre closed, thousands stranded including hundreds locked in a shopping centre. Met Office seem to give it a 50/50 chance of continuing overnight which could see flood defences breached and a major, major long-term incident - if that happens I wonder if it might not be politic for the game to go ahead on Saturday.

Well, the game is in London, so I think that’s overkill.

If anything he needs to look at Chelsea who are flying with a young fresh talented team. Absolute no reason for him to draft in the likes of Aurier, Eriksen etc Saturday after that performance. Needs to continue with the GLC, NDombele and Foyth in the starting 11 who were all outstanding. Hopefully give Sess more minutes again.

2B6BEB5600000578-0-image-a-13_1439767743610.jpg

Sorry guys, can't bring myself to read the last 80 pages, otherwise I really would be in a bad mood! Day started so well too, David Howell's was on my train to WHL, and we chatted all the way from Liverpool Street, what a nice guy, genuine Spurs. Then got to the shop nice and early and Stevie P was already there, so I had him to myself for a few minutes, sheer bliss. Then went to the Coach & Horses and had a good natter with an old friend, who I hadn't seen for a while. To the Dispensary where I met up with Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor , Mick Cooper Mick Cooper , cretinousgoat cretinousgoat Coys1955 Coys1955 . What nice people we have on this forum! The game was rubbish, Gio the only really bright spark, got soaked waiting for a train at Northumberland park, just about the perfect end to the perfect day!!!

Everyone should show their support today and really get behind the team, best way to do this is to listen to the stewards and stay seated at all times and to watch the match in silence through an instagram filter on your iPhone.

COYS

He'll be under so much pressure now not to change things. Last night we saw a glimpse of a possible bright new future. Let's hope he was as excited at the prospect as we were and continues with the same group of players, except for Eriksen.
If he reverts back to the team that played Everton then it would be sheer madness.

If he can stick with that team as often as possible this season and as things go on through the months until May we see a similar integration into the team like Lo Celso has had happening with the likes of Skipp, Sessegnon, Parrott and possibly even Clarke if we recall him and figure he's better of with us than gathering dust on a bogus loan deal then we will be shaping up very well with this new chapter.

A really impressive amount of young talent and honestly I'd much rather see us use this season as the one we blood them god and proper. The old guard are fading, let's not hang onto the memories and make things not seem as wonderful as they once were with them. Time for this lot to get a hearty old bite.

He played them because it's the first chance he's had to do so. They've been injured and he's managing their integration.

If ever there was a player to demonstrate the difference between the CL and the PL then that's Ndombele, the ONLY two games he's completed have been against Red Star. In the PL he looks absolutely fucked after 60mins, completely obvious to all watching the game. Poch has managed him brilliantly so far this season, I said it at the time too, that against Liverpool away to play him in the 2nd half against tired legs was far better use of his skill set (getting him on the ball) rather than having him played against a fresh Liverpool side and having him camped on the edge of our box, with players running off him left, right and centre (that's his weakness).

Lo Celso and Sess both injured will be no doubt managed into the side, against Red Star a team passive and without imposing their tempo on us made them get on the ball and for them to play at their tempo, they will NOT have that luxury on Sat, I don't expect them to start. (This is my expectation and just an educated punt by me).

Players that we know Poch has played back to back games previously are:
Kane, Son (although he's subbed often when doing so), Dele (recently subbed as he's coming back from long term injury but when 100% fit Poch plays him back-to-back), Eriksen (historically always started, this season with Lamela injured & that he came on as sub midweek IMO he WILL start), Sissoko, Vertoghen (but that's historical, expect either one of him or Toby to play next to Sanchez), Toby (but that's historical, expect either one of him or Vertonghen to play next to Sanchez), Sanchez (I expect he will start).

Rose will make way for Davies (if he has two available FB's he will rotate), Aurier will play unless there is an issue following the Gomez instance (possible that he took a knock in that tackle himself, he was talking with Poch when he came off and was holding his calf??? But always rotates FB's when he has the option to do so), I've no idea of Diers capacity but if Sissoko plays (I think he will) then he's likely to play Winks first half then bring on Ndombele from the bench. That leaves Lucas who didn't come on but I think he's been shit this season and utterly surprised why people are slagging off Dele or Eriksen but aren't Lucas who's been just as crap as say Eriksen this year.

TDLR: All evidence supports that he will rotate the team given that we've had TWO days rest between Wed and Sat. especially as the oppo will look to press aggressively (our weakness this year). All this makes sense, and I'd also expect Man U, Woolwich, Chavs, Man City, Liverpool all to make changes (maybe less so with the last two as they will have an extra two days recovery and there is parity in that they both played mid-week).
I'm sorry Guido but you will have to hand in your pitchfork and flaming torch. I really dont think you have the right mentality for a "hangin' posse." The whole idea behind a good lynching is to have a large, frenzied crowd of tooled up ignoramuses ( or is the plural ignoramii?) and throw common sense and reason to the 4 winds.
If we're to string Poch up for heresy and being an agent of the devil, we just cant afford to have people displaying that kind of common sense and reason and a steely eyed determination to only talk rationally and calmly.
What we need is an hysterical, big mouthed, boggle eyed loon to shout out cries of impending plague, death and woe - unless he is strung up and burned.

If only Sammy didn't have me on ignore......

Just hand your fork and torch in at the door, on the way out.

Going to be there extra early, as the legend that is my hubbie (well in TFCLAND, he is) will be signing his new book in the club shop tomorrow. Was panicking as I couldn't make any of the book signings announced so far. Just hope the day ends as well as it's going to start!!

Back
Top Bottom