Tottenham Vs Sheffield Utd - 9th Nov.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sheffield itself is in a total mess right now. Absolutely biblical rain has left the city centre closed, thousands stranded including hundreds locked in a shopping centre. Met Office seem to give it a 50/50 chance of continuing overnight which could see flood defences breached and a major, major long-term incident - if that happens I wonder if it might not be politic for the game to go ahead on Saturday.

Sheffield itself is in a total mess right now. Absolutely biblical rain has left the city centre closed, thousands stranded including hundreds locked in a shopping centre. Met Office seem to give it a 50/50 chance of continuing overnight which could see flood defences breached and a major, major long-term incident - if that happens I wonder if it might not be politic for the game to go ahead on Saturday.

Well, the game is in London, so I think that’s overkill.

Not a chance the game gets cancelled unless the team can't make it.

Which they will.

Skipp isn’t good enough (yet) to play between Ndombele and Lo Celso. What has he done to deserve that? You’ve only put him there because even you know he’d be invisible on either side. So biased.

That pregnant "yet" never gets to burst through the vagina, a glorious, screaming, mucus slathered busy cunting midfielder unless Poch grows some fucking bollocks and induces the labour.

I've put him in there because I think he could do a better job than the donkey we've got there right now. And that's partly based on the skill set I've seen Skipp display, and partly because the bar being set is so fucking low.

The evidence is in the fucking painful football we've been playing for the last 18 months, and a good start for a team who want to play the ball from back to front would be a CM who's not scared shitless of taking the ball off a defender and who can then get the fucking thing under some kind of control and hopefully set aside his panic at having to juggle the grenade long enough to make something resembling a pass.

I don't know if Skipp is the long term solution, but I know Sissoko definitely isn't working, and it's time we had tried something different. And until the next transfer window arrives promoting from within is our next best option.

That pregnant "yet" never gets to burst through the vagina, a glorious, screaming, mucus slathered busy cunting midfielder unless Poch grows some fucking bollocks and induces the labour.

I've put him in there because I think he could do a better job than the donkey we've got there right now. And that's partly based on the skill set I've seen Skipp display, and partly because the bar being set is so fucking low.

The evidence is in the fucking painful football we've been playing for the last 18 months, and a good start for a team who want to play the ball from back to front would be a CM who's not scared shitless of taking the ball off a defender and who can then get the fucking thing under some kind of control and hopefully set aside his panic at having to juggle the grenade long enough to make something resembling a pass.

I don't know if Skipp is the long term solution, but I know Sissoko definitely isn't working, and it's time we had tried something different. And until the next transfer window arrives promoting from within is our next best option.
I can see exactly what your concerns about Sissoko are. I agree, he hides, as you said the other day in defence he positions himself where he can’t receive the ball. I also agree that his “anyone but me pointing” is fucking annoying. He has two attributes - running with the ball in central midfield and covering for the RB. He does this well, but again, I agree, he really shouldn’t be starting for us if we want to improve. He’s not a top 4 midfielder, but he can (on the surface) look reasonable in a poor team.

My post was mainly concerned with why you think Skipp is good enough to play between two, potentially world class footballers? Maybe you’ve seen something I’ve missed - quite possibly, but I don’t think he’s ready yet, and that’s hardly his fault given his age.

I’d change your midfield 3 to Ndombele in the centre, Lo Celso on the right and Lamela (if fit) on the left. I appreciate the “if fit” bit to be key.

I can see exactly what your concerns about Sissoko are. I agree, he hides, as you said the other day in defence he positions himself where he can’t receive the ball. I also agree that his “anyone but me pointing” is fucking annoying. He has two attributes - running with the ball in central midfield and covering for the RB. He does this well, but again, I agree, he really shouldn’t be starting for us if we want to improve. He’s not a top 4 midfielder.

My post was mainly concerned with why you think Skipp is good enough to play between two, potentially world class footballers? Maybe you’ve seen something I’ve missed - quite possibly, but I don’t think he’s ready yet, and that’s hardly his fault given his age.

I’d change your midfield 3 to Ndombele in the centre, Lo Celso on the right and Lamela (if fit) on the left. I appreciate the “if fit” bit to be key.

NDombele isn’t that player though, we won’t get the best out him - and his best is playing very incisive and often vertical passes - as we see almost every time he plays he’splaying through balls - asking him to be the water carrier and work horse, he’s just not defensively dynamic either. He won’t tear around sniffing out danger.

We just need a busy cunt in there to do the basics, hunt it, give it, get the ball to NDombele and Lo Celso and let them do the transitioning stuff.

And Skipp can actually pass the ball well himself, as well as being a energetic and tenacious little fucker.

more than anything I want us to get back to being an aggressive team that hunts and has a bit of vim about it.

Fresh young legs and minds.

and his best is playing very incisive and often vertical passes
Absolutely, and those passes come from central midfield. In my opinion you don’t give the CM position to the weakest of your midfield 3. He’s a fantastic passer of the ball, and playing centrally will only increase those passing options. With him playing centrally, and runners in front of the ball on either side, with Kane available for the vertical pass, we will really see what he can do. Anyway, we both know that’s where he wants to play. Poch should let him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom